+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Caprio

Star Member
Jul 4, 2021
Hi,
I got this email from the Accra VO, any idea of what this means? And timeline expectations from your experience? Thanks. Feb 2021 Outland sponsorship application:

Dear (PA Name),
Please be advised that your application is currently with an officer to finalize. No further action is required by you at this moment. You will be contacted once a decision is made.

Regards,

Migration Program | Programme de migration (JO)

High Commission of Canada in Ghana| Haut commissariat du Canada au Ghana

P.O. Box 1639
42 Independence Ave., Accra, Ghana
ACCRAIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca
One last question. Was it today you got this response?

Mike@2019

Oct 13, 2019
Hi,
I got this email from the Accra VO, any idea of what this means? And timeline expectations from your experience? Thanks. Feb 2021 Outland sponsorship application:

Dear (PA Name),
Please be advised that your application is currently with an officer to finalize. No further action is required by you at this moment. You will be contacted once a decision is made.

Regards,

P.O. Box 1639
Did you send a web form to get this reply from them or did you send an email? If email, which email did you use?

I've not been able to get a reply from them. Not even a generic one like this.

classyprince01

Jan 5, 2022
Did you send a web form to get this reply from them or did you send an email? If email, which email did you use?

I've not been able to get a reply from them. Not even a generic one like this.
I sent a web form and selected the Accra Visa Office. Sent this on the 22nd of December. They take time to do things

efie

Dec 3, 2020
canada
Category........
Other
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
Hi,

Dear (PA Name),

Regards,

P.O. Box 1639
They are working on 2021 so in the February section and you will receive good news soon!! Usually a day or two or a week

fecharles

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020
Application submitted- 17th July 2020
Application received- 17th July 2020
Started processing- 5th July 2021.
Medical- 7th July 2021
Email for Interview- 1st September 2021
Vbabe, please what is the latest update on your application? Cos i did my interview at IOM Lagos on September 16, 2021 and i received pre-arrival letter on September 29, 2021. Since then, I haven't heard anything from them. Please what is your own update?

Oluwafisayo25

Apr 16, 2019
Vbabe, please what is the latest update on your application? Cos i did my interview at IOM Lagos on September 16, 2021 and i received pre-arrival letter on September 29, 2021. Since then, I haven't heard anything from them. Please what is your own update?
[/QUOTE
Mine is I did my interview at iom November 17th 2021 and got pre-arrival on November 18th with ADR...Adr submitted December 12...Dm January 1st and PPR January 5th now waiting for passport return

The ADR was a new police report and remedial _2019 applicant So grateful to God.

Oluwafisayo25

Apr 16, 2019
Mine is I did my interview at iom November 17th 2021 and got pre-arrival on November 18th with ADR...Adr submitted December 12...Dm January 1st and PPR January 5th now waiting for passport return

The ADR was a new police report and remedial _2019 applicant So grateful to God.

fecharles

Star Member
Mar 22, 2020

Can u see your timeline please?

classyprince01

Jan 5, 2022
Hi all,
I entered the wrong information in my IMM0008 form. I entered "Married - Not Physically Present" when in fact, I was. My wife has passed her medicals since July and I got a message from AVO webform reply over a week ago that my file is with an officer for final decision.

Should I still contact them? And can this impact their decision?

The photos, proof of relationship additional information all prove I was in fact there.

Thanks

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi all,
I entered the wrong information in my IMM0008 form. I entered "Married - Not Physically Present" when in fact, I was. My wife has passed her medicals since July and I got a message from AVO webform reply over a week ago that my file is with an officer for final decision.

Should I still contact them? And can this impact their decision?

The photos, proof of relationship additional information all prove I was in fact there.

Thanks
I would guess that they figured it out - esp if you elsewhere provided information on the wedding and photos that showed you were there, etc.

Also, I believe in most cases they would send a PFL (procedural fairness letter) saying that you seem to not be eligible because [reasons], do you care to respond?

BUT: for good order and just in case - it would still be a good idea to submit a webform explaining this was just a mistake [as shown elsehwere in the app.] You can also provide a corrected page from that form with the correct box ticked (initial and sign somehow).

Again, I'd guess they figured it out; they don't really have any interest in rejecting a file for reasons that are effectively just a typo. But of course wth computers, that box being ticked technically could put you in some rejection loop or flag since all not-physically-present marriages are not recognised by IRCC. (Note a rejection would still require someone to sign off - just might take longer for someone to fix, and possibly with more procedures)

You could and perhaps should order GCMS notes at this stage too to find out - but gcms notes orders seem to be very backed up so just submit the webform correction anyway. (GCMS notes will let you know if there are any other issues so why not?). If you already had them, you'd prehaps see if the married-physically not present was flagged as an issue.

Again, if you had all the evidence of marriage anyway, probably not an issue. So relax. But still probably worth fixing.

Good luck.