+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

dtny

Oct 15, 2016
You need the registry wedding in Nigeria for it to be considered a legal marriage for Canada.
Here is the website which lists the marriage registries:
https://ecitibiz.interior.gov.ng/marriage/registries
Look up the different options there and spend time learning about how it works and what the cost is, etc. There is a lot of information online.
Thank you very much. I'll go through this

Reactions: LeaAmbrose

dtny

Oct 15, 2016
As first step check the laws in Nigeria. From my quick check marriages mist he registered with the civil authorities in Nigeria. How is this done? Well, check Nigerian sources.

But I don't think a purely religious marriage without the license and registration would be considered valid in Nigeria.
Thank you

dtny

Oct 15, 2016
Yes true like @armoured said. Once it's legally valid within the country it should be okay.

From my knowledge, most of these religious institutions organising the wedding do have registrant affiliations and links whereby personnels from the registry offices or court attend the religious events to provide the certificate. I think you could also confirm from your religious institution about the certificate. I don't think the religious body can initiate or provide a certificate which won't be legally valid or recognised. You would be fine I think but please do consent the religious body and worse case scenario consent the registry body and they could attend your religious wedding to witness and get that certificate.

Good luck to you and congrats in advance.
I'll as my institution. Thank you.

Wiriam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
If
Please does anyone know how possible it is to visit the Accra VO. There was a mix up in my husband's COPR and we have emailed them alot yet no reply and his flight his flight to Canada is booked for the 2nd of July.If the mistake isn't corrected he won't be allowed to board his flight. Please how possible is this cos we intending for him to go on the 30th since 1st July is Canada day and they will he closed. Anyone who has had an interview there Please can you let me know. The process of getting to see someone there.
if he stays in Abuja he should visit
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District.
If he stays in Lagos he should visit Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,Opposite Treasure Garden Estate,Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I.
But I’ll suggest he visits where he submitted his passport

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Sure thing best of luck this side.
Thank you so much for the advice. he went to the embassy in Accra and they granted him his new visa counterfoil and COPR in an hour. he is was not allowed to enter the building due to covid but they sent someone out to come get his passport for stamping. thank you, you saved us a whole lot of waiting time.
This was the email i got from them this morning
03:50 (1 hour ago)
to me
Good day,

Please disregard the email below and our request for new medicals. Your spouse is at the High Commission in Accra right now and we will reissue his visa since his medical results are valid.

Regards,

Migration Section
High Commission of Canada in Ghana

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
If

if he stays in Abuja he should visit
Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way,Central Business District.
If he stays in Lagos he should visit Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way,Opposite Treasure Garden Estate,Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I.
But I’ll suggest he visits where he submitted his passport
thank you he flew to accra this morning from lagos and they sorted him out. lagos and abj would have been a long thing.

Wiriam

Star Member
Feb 14, 2021
Thank you so much for the advice. he went to the embassy in Accra and they granted him his new visa counterfoil and COPR in an hour. he is was not allowed to enter the building due to covid but they sent someone out to come get his passport for stamping. thank you, you saved us a whole lot of waiting time.
to me
Good day,

Please disregard the email below and our request for new medicals. Your spouse is at the High Commission in Accra right now and we will reissue his visa since his medical results are valid.

Regards,

Migration Section
Please if I may ask, when did they send Passport request for your husband and how long did it take for it to be stamped ? Thank you

Nneoma.muna

Dec 13, 2018
SK
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Nomination.....
Sk
AOR Received.
06-04-2019
Med's Request
10-09-2019
Med's Done....
26-10-2019
Passport Req..
26-04-2021
LANDED..........
30-04-2021
Please if I may ask, when did they send Passport request for your husband and how long did it take for it to be stamped ? Thank you
PPR 26th April, passport submitted on may 6th, passport retuned 3rd week in June but was invalid cos of medical mixup

Dimilitantey

May 6, 2021
to me
Good day,

Regards,

Migration Section
Wow, I can imagine how excited you and am glad I could b a part of that. Stay blessed and CONGRATS to you and hubby.

• Love
Reactions: Nneoma.muna

Nigeriana

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
Nov 22nd
Congratulations to everyone getting good news!
I'm hoping someone in this thread can help, we were asked for a police certificate from Benin republic, they listed the status as single saying that the time lived there (schooling) the status was single. However now married and worried if this will cause concerns with the Visa Officer in Ghana. Does anyone has experienced this?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Congratulations to everyone getting good news!
I'm hoping someone in this thread can help, we were asked for a police certificate from Benin republic, they listed the status as single saying that the time lived there (schooling) the status was single. However now married and worried if this will cause concerns with the Visa Officer in Ghana. Does anyone has experienced this?
I doubt ircc would think a PCC should state marriage status in a different country.

Reactions: Nigeriana