+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Someone pls help!!!. I submitted our application on the 3rd week of dec 2020 and until now we have not heard from them.

We are worried. We have not gotten any acknowledgement letter from them. Are there people in this situation pls should tell us their experiences and and the way forward if any.

Thank you and expecting replies on this
We submitted the same time and same here too. However, I called and was told it is in the queue for review. I think the only thing is to wait. I understand they hardly give AOR and will request for medical direct. Fingers crossed.

Reactions: Adeoye1432 and Tels

chismo7

Star Member
Nov 5, 2017
Don't think is a problem at all. First of all the gckey is just a platform that needs to be updated by the IRCC personnels themselves. I only think it hasn't been updated even though your file has been submitted.

I would suggest that you get a picture/scanned photo of the receipt submit a webform upload that receipt and you would be fine.

Again from my lil research I realised most of the VAC centers have been closed temporarily and not operating for sometime in May, hence may be a reason it hasn't been updated. So please don't stress at all. The medicals has been done and just need an update by them.

Infact most of my updates made by them were only after I prompted them.

Just My Thoughts cos myself haven't even done medicals yet..
Thanks for your response. Much appreciated

Reactions: Dimilitantey

Dominate

Apr 11, 2019
Someone pls help!!!. I submitted our application on the 3rd week of dec 2020 and until now we have not heard from them.

We are worried. We have not gotten any acknowledgement letter from them. Are there people in this situation pls should tell us their experiences and and the way forward if any.

Thank you and expecting replies on this
In the same situation @Tels. I submitted my family's application to Ghana Visa office and was delivered on March 20th. No response since then. Hoping to receive medical request soon. I would advise you raise a web form to inquire on the status of your application or ask your spouse in Canada to call cic on your behalf.

Vee33

Sep 14, 2019
Hello everyone, I don't get notifications via email anymore.Just when I got SA, BIO, AOR. I had to login to see that I received MED Req and pre-arrival. How do you guys get notifications on your phone or email? Not sure why it is so

Dominate

Apr 11, 2019
In the same situation @Tels. I submitted my family's application to Ghana Visa office and was delivered on March 20th. No response since then. Hoping to receive medical request soon. I would advise you raise a web form to inquire on the status of your application or ask your spouse in Canada to call cic on your behalf.
Received this after I sent an inquiry via webform last week. I think you can do same.

Good day XXXXX

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm the reception of the documents.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Tels

Star Member
Aug 16, 2019
Received this after I sent an inquiry via webform last week. I think you can do same.

Good day XXXXX

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm the reception of the documents.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:
Thank you

Tosyne1

Dec 2, 2020
Please is it a requirement for additional police certificate to be requested even after submitting police certificate that is less than a year? I submitted police certificate that with my application less than a year ago but another one was requested

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Please is it a requirement for additional police certificate to be requested even after submitting police certificate that is less than a year? I submitted police certificate that with my application less than a year ago but another one was requested
If they request an updated one, it is required.

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018
Police certificates from Nigeria expire after three months. They will surely request for another towards the end of your application. What is your timeline?

Tosyne1

Dec 2, 2020
Police certificates from Nigeria expire after three months. They will surely request for another towards the end of your application. What is your timeline?
Application submitted Sept 14 2020
AOR 1 March 23 2021
SA March 24 2021
BM Passed March 29 2021
AOR 2 April 10 2021
MED Request April 19 2021
MED Passed April 25 2021
Pre-arrival May 19 2021
Police cert request May 19 2021

Reactions: Akissi18

Ali Al-Hassan

Star Member
May 27, 2021
Ontario
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
30-03-2020
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request
12-04-2021
Med's Done....
29-04-2021
Hello everyone I hope you are good, I wanted to see what I might expect from here on out:

Application submitted: March 26th 2020
Application received: November 26th 2020
Biometrics request: November 26th 2020
Biometrics done: December 8th 2020
Medical Exam request: April 12th 2021
Additional document request: April 20th 2021
Document received: April 23rd 2021
Medical passed: April 29th 2021

Have not heard anything since the medical was passed so am wondering what may be next?