+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

calebyeboah

Oct 5, 2019
Thanks to u once again.
Wow, still fresh, May 2020.
Yeah, normal processing time for spousal sponsorship takes a year, but in some cases like mine, 6 or 7 months. Now, u av to clothe urself with patience & faith. All d best, Bro.

Meanwhile, did u submit d application here or ur wife in Canada submitted it?
Thanks bro
Yes am kind of new still haha. Like Almost 4 months now so still waiting
My wife submitted it there in Canada.
Am actually living in UAE at the moment but originally from Ghana.
During the submission, we were supposed to attach PCC from both Ghana and UAE here but we didn’t know, we knew we were supposed to attach just your current country you resides in so I attached just the one from UAE .... So am kind of confused and worried that they may send my application back.
What do you think?

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Oh okay I figured you intend to write 2021..::
And as I said am still waiting for AOR1. I am May 2020 applicant.
During Your processing did they requested for additional documents??
Because it took more than a year for the processing right??
AOR was in August 26, 2019, & medical request was on February 4, 2020.
Shortly thereafter, on February 6, 2020, pre-arrival letter came & on February 20, 2020 I was told to pay my Right for Permanent Residence fee within 30 days as decision will be made within this period.
Medicals was done on February 26, 2020 & Right for Permanent Residence fee was paid on March 4, 2020. Then on March 12, 2020, decision was made, & I was approved, & on March 16, 2020, passport request was sent to me.
Due to the temporary closure of visa centers, I couldn't submit my passport, which is why I had to send it to Accra on July 7, 2020, when I was tired of waiting for ours in Nigeria to resume operations. It got to VFS global on July 20, 2020, dispatched to IRCC same day.
On July 30, 2020, it was received by VFS global, & was dispatched to courier same day, & I got it yesterday, August 5, 2020, from DHL.

So in a nutshell, decision made & passport request was within 7 months, but the coronavirus pandemic is responsible for getting my visa stamped 4 months after passport request.

calebyeboah

Oct 5, 2019
Shortly thereafter, on February 6, 2020, pre-arrival letter came & on February 20, 2020 I was told to pay my Right for Permanent Residence fee within 30 days as decision will be made within this period.
Medicals was done on February 26, 2020 & Right for Permanent Residence fee was paid on March 4, 2020. Then on March 12, 2020, decision was made, & I was approved, & on March 16, 2020, passport request was sent to me.
Due to the temporary closure of visa centers, I couldn't submit my passport, which is why I had to send it to Accra on July 7, 2020, when I was tired of waiting for ours in Nigeria to resume operations. It got to VFS global on July 20, 2020, dispatched to IRCC same day.
On July 30, 2020, it was received by VFS global, & was dispatched to courier same day, & I got it yesterday, August 5, 2020, from DHL.

So in a nutshell, decision made & passport request was within 7 months, but the coronavirus pandemic is responsible for getting my visa stamped 4 months after passport request.
Your timeline was just okay. Others r wait for more than one year.
what is the status of your wife in Canada?

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Thanks bro
Yes am kind of new still haha. Like Almost 4 months now so still waiting
My wife submitted it there in Canada.
Am actually living in UAE at the moment but originally from Ghana.
During the submission, we were supposed to attach PCC from both Ghana and UAE here but we didn’t know, we knew we were supposed to attach just your current country you resides in so I attached just the one from UAE .... So am kind of confused and worried that they may send my application back.
What do you think?
Oh, I see. Well, based on IRCC regulations, they may return your application if it is incomplete & the missing document is essential to the processing. However, I'll suggest you guys contact the visa office via mail where your wife submitted it, and ask them what can be done.
During my process, I contact my visa office alot & got satisfactory responses.

calebyeboah

Oct 5, 2019
Oh, I see. Well, based on IRCC regulations, they may return your application if it is incomplete & the missing document is essential to the processing. However, I'll suggest you guys contact the visa office via mail where your wife submitted it, and ask them what can be done.
During my process, I contact my visa office alot & got satisfactory responses.
We tried so many contacting them through web form but the answers was that I need to get the AOR 1 before I can add additional documents. Because I need the UCI number.
After all this long waiting and again if they return it will be sad. Let’s hope they request for it.

Reactions: Oncloudokoye

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
We tried so many contacting them through web form but the answers was that I need to get the AOR 1 before I can add additional documents. Because I need the UCI number.
After all this long waiting and again if they return it will be sad. Let’s hope they request for it.
Oh! Don't worry too much about it, man. If the process can begin without the document, they will start it & request for additional documents that r essential.
Na just to wait & see wetin go happen, Bro.

Reactions: ewaller245

calebyeboah

Oct 5, 2019
Oh! Don't worry too much about it, man. If the process can begin without the document, they will start it & request for additional documents that r essential.
Na just to wait & see wetin go happen, Bro.
You are right bro.. waiting waiting only. As a matter of fact, it really skipped my mind because I knew am only to submit PCC for my current country so I just submitted UAE Pcc .... Is all good we will see... Anyways bro enjoy and keep in touch. Where are you landing in Canada?
Calgary?

Bambi2019

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019

Wow your timeline gives me so much hope
I tap into this favour o haha! Congrats again and thanks for taking time to reply our messages

Reactions: Prex19

Bambi2019

Star Member
Jul 31, 2019

One quick question please ..You weren’t asked for any interview, correct?

Prex19

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
You are right bro.. waiting waiting only. As a matter of fact, it really skipped my mind because I knew am only to submit PCC for my current country so I just submitted UAE Pcc .... Is all good we will see... Anyways bro enjoy and keep in touch. Where are you landing in Canada?
Calgary?
All the best Bro, & thanks for the best wishes. Yes I am landing in Calgary, but I'll settle in BC. I'll always keep in touch.
Do av a blessed day.

Lordnath

Star Member
Apr 13, 2017
Toronto, Canada
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
24-09-2019

Big congratulations Prex19. We sailed through :)
Have a safe and happy landing.

Reactions: somieo