+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

aabiola

Aug 24, 2018
Hi guys just finished my interview
The lady drilled me for an hour even asked my wife to come in the interview it was really emotional cause my case is a bit different,I lived in Canada before, at the end of it all she said I’m approved and will be issuing my visa that she will send out the ppr! Yes she uttered those words “ I’m convinced, you guys are genuine and you’re approved I will issue the visa congratulations”..
I and my wife broke down into tears of joy finally this journey is over, I really appreciate everyone’s contributions and answers it’s not an easy process and I pray those in process gets their heart desires and one more thing, no matter how complicated your case might be Always keep the faith.
congratulation ...

Reactions: Zikky

Jamesl112

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
In most cases it takes approximately 4 weeks from the time you submit your passport to vfs Lagos. In my husband’s case it took 3 weeks in total. He submitted it on Jan 23rd. 9 business days later (Feb 5) there was a decision made and GCKey was updated to read that his file had been approved with counterfoil. 5 business days later (Feb 12) passport was ready for pickup.
Accra placed the counterfoil in the passport, not Lagos, because the large envelope, which contained his passport, COPR and pictures, was stamped with the Accra VO address and returned to Lagos.
did you put envelope with your passport?

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
The lady drilled me for an hour even asked my wife to come in the interview it was really emotional cause my case is a bit different,I lived in Canada before, at the end of it all she said I’m approved and will be issuing my visa that she will send out the ppr! Yes she uttered those words “ I’m convinced, you guys are genuine and you’re approved I will issue the visa congratulations”..
I and my wife broke down into tears of joy finally this journey is over, I really appreciate everyone’s contributions and answers it’s not an easy process and I pray those in process gets their heart desires and one more thing, no matter how complicated your case might be Always keep the faith.
Woooooowhooooo! congrats!

Tanyusuf

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
What a way to end the process!

Congratulations!!!

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
did you put envelope with your passport?
My husband just provided his passport and two passport photos along with the PPR letter they sent us and the height and eye colour sheet- no need for an envelope.
When he went to pickup the passport, there was a large envelope and inside was the passport, the COPR, and a smaller-sized envelope where they had our photos and some airplane ticket stubs, and one of the passport photos that we submitted.

Reactions: Momo332

Noriscares

May 14, 2019
Congrats

Oncloudokoye

Feb 12, 2020
Wow, congratulations

brownn

Feb 10, 2020
Congratulations

Momo332

Oct 17, 2019
Thank you very much, very strengthening ! Love ya all

Rich4bright

Mar 9, 2016
In most cases it takes approximately 4 weeks from the time you submit your passport to vfs Lagos. In my husband’s case it took 3 weeks in total. He submitted it on Jan 23rd. 9 business days later (Feb 5) there was a decision made and GCKey was updated to read that his file had been approved with counterfoil. 5 business days later (Feb 12) passport was ready for pickup.
Accra placed the counterfoil in the passport, not Lagos, because the large envelope, which contained his passport, COPR and pictures, was stamped with the Accra VO address and returned to Lagos.
Thanks so much for this info

Reactions: Nivo0811

Jamesl112

Star Member
Jun 6, 2019
My husband just provided his passport and two passport photos along with the PPR letter they sent us and the height and eye colour sheet- no need for an envelope.
When he went to pickup the passport, there was a large envelope and inside was the passport, the COPR, and a smaller-sized envelope where they had our photos and some airplane ticket stubs, and one of the passport photos that we submitted.
Hi I did a mistake in filling out the eye color form, I put the date of birth like this 12 /02/1990 instead of 1990/02/12 is it a problem??? Help please

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hi I did a mistake in filling out the eye color form, I put the date of birth like this 12 /02/1990 instead of 1990/02/12 is it a problem??? Help please
I just checked the request letter and the chart. The letter and the chart do not specify how the format should be when providing the date of birth. I think you should be fine as there is no specification. But, if you haven’t submitted it yet, you can always reprint and write it the way it’s written in the passport. In Canada the standard (yyyy-mm-dd) format differs from some other formats used around the world. Unless it’s clearly specified how it should be formatted, then always use the way it is documented on your passport. In this case this case because they did not specify how to write the date of birth, you should be fine. Best of luck, you’re near the end of this process.