+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Tanyusuf

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
Hello

I passed my Medical on GCkey on January 15, 2020.
eCAS has an update of "Medical results have been received"

Does anyone know when "Pre-arrival email" will be received or when I will get DM?

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Anyone knows how long it takes for passport to returned back to vac office in Lagos, where is the visa stamped? Lagos or ghana?
In most cases it takes approximately 4 weeks from the time you submit your passport to vfs Lagos. In my husband’s case it took 3 weeks in total. He submitted it on Jan 23rd. 9 business days later (Feb 5) there was a decision made and GCKey was updated to read that his file had been approved with counterfoil. 5 business days later (Feb 12) passport was ready for pickup.
Accra placed the counterfoil in the passport, not Lagos, because the large envelope, which contained his passport, COPR and pictures, was stamped with the Accra VO address and returned to Lagos.

Nivo0811

Star Member
Jan 22, 2020
Hello

I passed my Medical on GCkey on January 15, 2020.
eCAS has an update of "Medical results have been received"

Does anyone know when "Pre-arrival email" will be received or when I will get DM?
It varies case by case. What is your timeline? With Accra VO be prepared for the whole file to take 12 months from date of application submission. But there have been people with really fast timelines as well. In our case it took approximately 5 months for Pre-arrival and Passport request. 2 weeks after passport submission a DM appeared on GCKey and a week afterwards passport was ready for pickup. So in total almost 6 months from medicals passed for DM. Hopefully, it’ll be a faster process for you.

Tanyusuf

Star Member
Jun 26, 2019
It varies case by case. What is your timeline? With Accra VO be prepared for the whole file to take 12 months from date of application submission. But there have been people with really fast timelines as well. In our case it took approximately 5 months for Pre-arrival and Passport request. 2 weeks after passport submission a DM appeared on GCKey and a week afterwards passport was ready for pickup. So in total almost 6 months from medicals passed for DM. Hopefully, it’ll be a faster process for you.
Okay. Thank you

Zikky

Jun 24, 2019
Hi guys just finished my interview
The lady drilled me for an hour even asked my wife to come in the interview it was really emotional cause my case is a bit different,I lived in Canada before, at the end of it all she said I’m approved and will be issuing my visa that she will send out the ppr! Yes she uttered those words “ I’m convinced, you guys are genuine and you’re approved I will issue the visa congratulations”..
I and my wife broke down into tears of joy finally this journey is over, I really appreciate everyone’s contributions and answers it’s not an easy process and I pray those in process gets their heart desires and one more thing, no matter how complicated your case might be Always keep the faith.

Pryncess99

May 12, 2019
Hi guys just finished my interview
The lady drilled me for an hour even asked my wife to come in the interview it was really emotional cause my case is a bit different,I lived in Canada before, at the end of it all she said I’m approved and will be issuing my visa that she will send out the ppr! Yes she uttered those words “ I’m convinced, you guys are genuine and you’re approved I will issue the visa congratulations”..
I and my wife broke down into tears of joy finally this journey is over, I really appreciate everyone’s contributions and answers it’s not an easy process and I pray those in process gets their heart desires and one more thing, no matter how complicated your case might be Always keep the faith.
Congrats dear