+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Hero.i

May 16, 2019
My tacking status changed to passport has been dispatched to VAC on 30th may but I got a mail today from vsf saying the dispatch took place today 3rd June.. when I tracked my passport on vfs site I noticed the date also changed from 30th to 3rd.. did you get this too?
Nothing yet. They replied my email today acknowledging receipt of the passport and that they'll send back the passport to Lagos by Thursday

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
My tacking status changed to passport has been dispatched to VAC on 30th may but I got a mail today from vsf saying the dispatch took place today 3rd June.. when I tracked my passport on vfs site I noticed the date also changed from 30th to 3rd.. did you get this too?
It changes when the passport has arrived in VFS. The first change is when it left Accra, the second was when it arrived in Lagos. Pick it up tomorrow. Around what time did you get the email?

Hay04

Star Member
May 24, 2017
Calgary
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
09-11-2018
File Transfer...
27-11-2018
Same here, we'll be picking it up on Thursday hopefully. Since there's holiday today and tomorrow.

Monkeytail

Dec 17, 2018
Update
Application received
: Aug 23, 2018
AOR 1: Dec 05, 2018
Biometric request: Dec 17, 2018
SA: Dec 24, 2018
We are processing your application (AOR 2): Jan 4, 2019
Medical request: Jan 31, 2019
Medical passed: Feb 19, 2019
Pre arrival services: May 29 2019
Decision Made in Ecas: May 29, 2019
Passport request: June 5, 2019

toksybeee

May 23, 2015
Hello guys,

I came to Canada in 2010 on a student visa. in 2012 My dad applied for PR through Federal skilled worker where i was listed as his dependant. So in 2014 i was visiting Nigeria and my boyfriend and i had been given August 1st for our court wedding date. Coincidentally on the morning of that August 1st my dad received request for our passports, and he submitted our passports and i think an updated family information form had also been requested but it never occurred to include that me who one of his dependant was now married(because the passport request mail was literally the morning of court wedding and the passports were submitted like 3 days afterwards).We did our traditional wedding in 2016.and i filed for my husband that same year.I was denied sponsorship because cic said i became PR NOV 2014, i got legally married Aug 2014 and never updated that i was now married which means i represented but they didnt consider the fact that i didnt apply for the PR myself, i was covered as a dependant. in 2018, i became a Canadian citizen. If i apply now to sponsor my husband, will the date i became a citizen be considered over the date i became PR? Please advise

Mikkyphp

Dec 28, 2017
Hello guys,

I came to Canada in 2010 on a student visa. in 2012 My dad applied for PR through Federal skilled worker where i was listed as his dependant. So in 2014 i was visiting Nigeria and my boyfriend and i had been given August 1st for our court wedding date. Coincidentally on the morning of that August 1st my dad received request for our passports, and he submitted our passports and i think an updated family information form had also been requested but it never occurred to include that me who one of his dependant was now married(because the passport request mail was literally the morning of court wedding and the passports were submitted like 3 days afterwards).We did our traditional wedding in 2016.and i filed for my husband that same year.I was denied sponsorship because cic said i became PR NOV 2014, i got legally married Aug 2014 and never updated that i was now married which means i represented but they didnt consider the fact that i didnt apply for the PR myself, i was covered as a dependant. in 2018, i became a Canadian citizen. If i apply now to sponsor my husband, will the date i became a citizen be considered over the date i became PR? Please advise
Tough one i must say. Get a lawyer to help you petition.

J.Kadi

Star Member
Mar 27, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello guys,

I agree with the above poster. This is above my knowledge so better seek professional counsel

Surexistence

Dec 17, 2018
Hello guys,

Calculate 5years from when his application was rejected and apply after then. Misrepresentation ban is 2/5years. 5years after is a better period to apply. That was what a cousin of mine did.

Reactions: J.Kadi

OlatunjiSeye

Mar 3, 2019
Good morning all. I submitted my children's passports in Lagos on the 23rd May,2019 for transmission to Accra. I later got a message showing it has been sent to Accra on the 24th and also tracking number. My question is how long does it take for Accra to issue visa for little kids. I am here in Canada and already gotten my PR.

Kingfashone

Feb 10, 2019
Good morning all. I submitted my children's passports in Lagos on the 23rd May,2019 for transmission to Accra. I later got a message showing it has been sent to Accra on the 24th and also tracking number. My question is how long does it take for Accra to issue visa for little kids. I am here in Canada and already gotten my PR.
When last did you track it? If you haven't in the last 3 days pls do,it might be on the way back,it will change to "your prosseced passport has been dispatched" that's most likely not guaranteed as timing are always different.

OlatunjiSeye

Mar 3, 2019
When last did you track it? If you haven't in the last 3 days pls do,it might be on the way back,it will change to "your prosseced passport has been dispatched" that's most likely not guaranteed as timing are always different.
I checked almost every day but some one told me there were several holidays in Ghana in between when i submitted and now. That's why i wanted to know the estimated time for them to be done in Accra. Thanks and my appreciation for your answers