+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

adotey

Jul 16, 2016
This is my timeline I saw Decision made last week on my ecas how long should I wait for passport request.
Permanent Residence[/paste:font]

• We received your application for permanent residence on July 2, 2016.
    • We started processing your application on August 4, 2016.
    • We sent you correspondence on February 5, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
    • We sent you medical instructions on August 12, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
    • We sent you correspondence on September 20, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
    • Medical results have been received.

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Congrats could you share your timeline please

March 2017 - application received
April 2018 - application refused
May 2018- submitted appeal paper
August 2018- got phone call that we have been selected for ADR (alternative dispute resolution)
November 2018- won appeal in ADR
December 4th- Accra reopened file (got email)
January 19th 2019- pre arrival service
January 28th 2019- new medical, police and other documents requested
March 1st 2019- background started
March 20th 2019- PPR
April 1st- Application approved. Counterfoil issued

Waiting on passport return

Eveslm

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2018
Edmonton
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Hello everyone.

I am one of the silent reader in the group and i am here to share my timeline and to encourage all silent reader/everyone still waiting for a positive result. My case was kinda complicated but God over everything. Today i got a positive final decision.

My timeline below

Application submitted April 20
AOR 1 May 25
We didn't received AOR 2
MEDICAL REQUEST SEPTEMBER 20
MEDICAL DONE OCTOBER 14
INTERVIEW REQUESTED JAN 28
INTERVIEW DATE FEBRUARY 6, interview lasted for more than 2hours.
PRE ARRIVAL FEBRUARY 7
PASSPORT AND ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTS REQUEST FEBRUARY 15
PASSPORT SUBMITTED FEBRUARY 20
FINAL DECISION MADE AND IT WAS POSITIVE
COUNTERFOIL MARCH 8.

I ENCOURAGE EVERYONE TO HOLD THE FAITH.
YOU'RE NEXT IJN.

THANKS SO MUCH
Congrats to you. Can you share what Province/City you are going to? I am in Edmonton, Applied PR Inland

Reactions: Best4best

Gas

Sep 29, 2018
Yes we got PPR however timeline is not a regular one.

March 2017 - application received
April 2018 - application refused
No interview, just refusal
August 2018- got phone call that we have been selected for ADR
November 2018- won appeal in ADR
January 19th 2019- pre arrival service
January 28th 2019- Remedical, police and other documents requested
March 1st 2019- background started
March 20th 2019- PPR

For those who may not be familiar, when you appeal a refusal, depending on the complexity of your case, you either get:

1) ADR - alternative dispute resolution. It’s shorter and informal court-like hearing where the sponsor answers questions. If appeal is allowed, your file goes back to Accra and you 99% of time get visa within 4-6 months

2) full appeal which is with judge and regular court proceedings. It takes 2 years from the time you submitted appeal to the time you will get a court date. Sponsor attends in Canada while judge does phone interview with applicant. It’s the most painstaking process ever. Nobody ever wishes for full hearing.

And I pray that none of you still waiting for answers ever get refused in Jesus name. It’s a daunting journey but in all I bless God that we are almost there. We could have still been waiting on court date for 2020 if we went straight to full hearing but even in the pain of refusal, God still showed up.

So now we are just waiting on pick up email from Accra.
Hello Anne, I need a clear explanation from you. My kids was asked to submit non-accompany parent form and photo identity of their mother in Jan 10th 2019 cos their mother is not accompany them to Canada. I submitted the form with Voter card but the name of their mother writing on the voters card is not clear enough it is fainted. Pending the time she get her international passport from passport office. So on April 2nd 2019 I got a mail from Accra that they refused the application cos we did not provide d additional document of which I sent it to them more than 3 times.so I later resend the document to Accra with their mother valid international passport after I receive the refusal letter with the letter of explanation on the April 3rd and one hour later I receive a mail for pre- arrival service letter. Does this mean they have reconsidered their application or should I still seek for Alternative Dispute Resolution. If yes how can I go about it. Please urgent response. Thank you

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
Hello Anne, I need a clear explanation from you. My kids was asked to submit non-accompany parent form and photo identity of their mother in Jan 10th 2019 cos their mother is not accompany them to Canada. I submitted the form with Voter card but the name of their mother writing on the voters card is not clear enough it is fainted. Pending the time she get her international passport from passport office. So on April 2nd 2019 I got a mail from Accra that they refused the application cos we did not provide d additional document of which I sent it to them more than 3 times.so I later resend the document to Accra with their mother valid international passport after I receive the refusal letter with the letter of explanation on the April 3rd and one hour later I receive a mail for pre- arrival service letter. Does this mean they have reconsidered their application or should I still seek for Alternative Dispute Resolution. If yes how can I go about it. Please urgent response. Thank you

Hi there
Does your application still show refused status?
I’ll suggest you fill a web form to request clarification.
pre arrival has always been a good thing
But with Accra, you never can tell
Please submit a web form for clarification and if possible involve your MP

Gas

Sep 29, 2018
Hi there
Does your application still show refused status?
I’ll suggest you fill a web form to request clarification.
pre arrival has always been a good thing
But with Accra, you never can tell
Please submit a web form for clarification and if possible involve your MP
Pls who is MP. Response pls