+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
If anyone is still on here from back then, just wanted to give update that we won appeal in ADR on September 11. Now back to waiting for processing (we were told the file is going to case processing centre in Ottawa). Original app received by CIC Feb 1 2017. More patience always required, no?
Congratulations on victory!

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
I am new here. I am about sending in our application for spouse visa and will need some help from wonderful people of this forum.

My wife did NYSC (national youth service) does it mean she needs to fill the form "Details of Military Service [IMM 5546] ? I am not sure about this, as the description states: Complete this form for anyone included on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable

Second question, my wife already has a valid Nigerian passport with her maiden name, is it necessary to get a new one with my surname? If No, will the police report also be on her maiden name or my surname cause i think they issue the police report based on name on passport?

Thanks
The country specific instruction regarding National Service is confusing.....would advice your spouse include a copy of her National Youth Service in the application and also fill the form Details of Military Service [IMM 5546] just to avoid any future issues.

Its not mandatory your wife submit spousal sponsorship application in her married surname and its also not mandatory to include a copy of passport as at the time of submitting the sponsorship application.....the principal applicant is allowed to send passport copy later in the process, just ensure its sent before PR visa approval.....refer sponsorship checklist.......However, it will be nice if she submits the application in her married surname, as this may help support proof of marriage......if your wife decides to apply with her married name, she will need to include a change of name affidavit, if possible a newspaper publication of the change of name, and a new travel passport in her married name which could be sent to IRCC visa office later after application is submitted before PR visa is issued......also, if she applies with married name, her Police Certificate should be in her married name and the PR visa will be issued in her married name........good luck.

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
If anyone is still on here from back then, just wanted to give update that we won appeal in ADR on September 11. Now back to waiting for processing (we were told the file is going to case processing centre in Ottawa). Original app received by CIC Feb 1 2017. More patience always required, no?
Ye I remember u cos I’m still here waiting I think I’m the oldest here left now congratulations my dear I think your appeal process went really fast and am glad and Thank God for your victory and more good news to come. Congratulation

Reactions: maki22

balasana89

Feb 11, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
Doc's Request.
02-03-2018 - Schedule A and PCC
AOR Received.
02-03-2018 AOR 1
File Transfer...
29-03-2018
what should we expect after pre-arrival letter?

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
The country specific instruction regarding National Service is confusing.....would advice your spouse include a copy of her National Youth Service in the application and also fill the form Details of Military Service [IMM 5546] just to avoid any future issues.

Its not mandatory your wife submit spousal sponsorship application in her married surname and its also not mandatory to include a copy of passport as at the time of submitting the sponsorship application.....the principal applicant is allowed to send passport copy later in the process, just ensure its sent before PR visa approval.....refer sponsorship checklist.......However, it will be nice if she submits the application in her married surname, as this may help support proof of marriage......if your wife decides to apply with her married name, she will need to include a change of name affidavit, if possible a newspaper publication of the change of name, and a new travel passport in her married name which could be sent to IRCC visa office later after application is submitted before PR visa is issued......also, if she applies with married name, her Police Certificate should be in her married name and the PR visa will be issued in her married name........good luck.
Copies of current passports of both applicant and sponsor are required at time of submitting sponsorship application.

You need to download and carefully follow the document checklist as they sometimes update them.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
Copies of current passports of both applicant and sponsor are required at time of submitting sponsorship application.

You need to download and carefully follow the document checklist as they sometimes update them.
The sponsor will not be issued a visa and is not required to provide photocopy of travel passport page....the sponsor may provide passport photocopy to proof status in Canada.

If the Principal Applicant decide to change surname before applying, they may include their current passport, and include a note that they will send their new passport with new surname later.......refer checklist..

1. IDENTITY DOCUMENTS, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS

Note: Although you do not need to have a valid passport or travel document when you submit your application, you must have a valid travel document or passport to be able to travel to Canada and to be admitted for permanent residence. You will need to demonstrate that you hold an acceptable travel document before we can finalize your application.

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
The sponsor will not be issued a visa and is not required to provide photocopy of travel passport page....the sponsor may provide passport photocopy to proof status in Canada.

If the Principal Applicant decide to change surname before applying, they may include their current passport, and include a note that they will send their new passport with new surname later.......refer checklist..

1. IDENTITY DOCUMENTS, TRAVEL DOCUMENTS AND PASSPORTS

Note: Although you do not need to have a valid passport or travel document when you submit your application, you must have a valid travel document or passport to be able to travel to Canada and to be admitted for permanent residence. You will need to demonstrate that you hold an acceptable travel document before we can finalize your application.
That is incorrect. Look at the document checklist from IRCC. Both sponsor's and applicant's copies of passport are required when submitting application. I have been through entire process and have my document checklist that we had to follow. When you submit everything required then they won't return application to applicant and sponsor to redo. They actually do background and security check on sponsor as well before issuing sponsor approval so copy of sponsor's passport is definitely required.

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
That is incorrect. Look at the document checklist from IRCC. Both sponsor's and applicant's copies of passport are required when submitting application. I have been through entire process and have my document checklist that we had to follow. When you submit everything required then they won't return application to applicant and sponsor to redo. They actually do background and security check on sponsor as well before issuing sponsor approval so copy of sponsor's passport is definitely required.
I completed the process in Aug 2018 and did not have to submit my passport and my spouse changed her surname and had to send her passport later. i looked at the current checklist and its not different........not sure if the checklist has changed again, maybe the applicant should follow any changes in checklist.

THEMYTHORPE

Aug 24, 2015
Aaaaaw we thank God for your success. Your story makes tears drop from my eyes and encourages me too me and my wife have been separated since 2016 till now with no news of PPR yet my medicals, Police report and even passport has all expired but still nothing and I just received my renewed passport and going to send them an update and in that way give them a gentle reminder. Can u please share your your experience with us pertaining why your application too that long and why u had to do series of medicals and how many times pls tell us Cos my application is hitting 21 months they requested for additional documents which we sent since January and no news again. God bless us all and surely, it will all end in praise
I had TB in 2006 and treatment was well handled by professionals, I still have the scars on my lungs tissue. It's been 12 years now since I have been healed. For the exams, I can't say how many times, I kept doing it, more than 5 times " this is no joke", just because of the scar, I came to Canada with my X-rays. I submitted it to the immigration Dr. and was under observation for another 2.8years ( just cleared of test in August 2018) mind you I don't have active TB upon all this test, CT scan and Xrays. Reason for delay, only God knows... I also sent them a reminder in early 2015. My case was " God in action" I can't even explain. I am a qualified citizen now.

THEMYTHORPE

Aug 24, 2015
I am new here. I am about sending in our application for spouse visa and will need some help from wonderful people of this forum.

My wife did NYSC (national youth service) does it mean she needs to fill the form "Details of Military Service [IMM 5546] ? I am not sure about this, as the description states: Complete this form for anyone included on the application who has ever held a high ranking/senior official government position or served in the military, army, defence or police unit, (including National Service), and submit a copy of the military card/booklet, including blank pages, if applicable

Second question, my wife already has a valid Nigerian passport with her maiden name, is it necessary to get a new one with my surname? If No, will the police report also be on her maiden name or my surname cause i think they issue the police report based on name on the passport?

Thanks
To prevent future stress like citizenship application and other things. If you are married with the official certificate it is better she gets a new passport now and attach both together. If not the procedure to change it later is not that easy.

I_Am_Baruch

Star Member
Oct 3, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes a few of January applicants are already hearing from avo with ppr...I’m guessing you also January applicant right? And if you’re, you should be hearing any moment from’em.

What’s your app date?

Hi All. Does anyone know what month AVO is processing now? Have any January folks received pre arrival or PPR?

Reva4sure

Aug 17, 2018
Yes a few of January applicants are already hearing from avo with ppr...I’m guessing you also January applicant right? And if you’re, you should be hearing any moment from’em.

What’s your app date?
Thanks. I am March 5th. If January is already hearing from them then I am hoping to hear from them by January next year latest.