App. Filed.......
18-01-2018
Doc's Request.
02-03-2018 - Schedule A and PCC
AOR Received.
02-03-2018 AOR 1
File Transfer...
29-03-2018
Just to give future applicants somewhat of a timeline.

January 18, 2018 applicant
AOR March 2, 2018
Medical Request June 18, 2018
Pre-arrival November 9, 2018
PPR November 12, 2018

*No interview or ADR

Last edited:

Bryanmarfo18

Nov 13, 2018
I’ve been a silent reader on this forum for months now. I must admit I have really learn a great deal on this forum.

I have a quick question and would be appreciative if anyone here can help clarify. I have noticed that per conversion, most applicants at AVO get medical request within five months after AOR. My application is in it’s eighth month. Application was received on March 20 and AOR on May 1 this year. I have since not heard anything from them concerning Medicals. The last time I heard anything was when the file was sent to Gh. I want to know, is this usual or I should be worried? Thanks.

Gallant1010

Apr 4, 2018
I’ve been a silent reader on this forum for months now. I must admit I have really learn a great deal on this forum.

I have a quick question and would be appreciative if anyone here can help clarify. I have noticed that per conversion, most applicants at AVO get medical request within five months after AOR. My application is in it’s eighth month. Application was received on March 20 and AOR on May 1 this year. I have since not heard anything from them concerning Medicals. The last time I heard anything was when the file was sent to Gh. I want to know, is this usual or I should be worried? Thanks.
I will advise you send them a mail. State you are reaching out to verify the status of your application and to ensure you are not missing any important information from them.

Bryanmarfo18

Nov 13, 2018
I will advise you send them a mail. State you are reaching out to verify the status of your application and to ensure you are not missing any important information from them.
I tried using the web mail but it’s been two months without reply. I’m told they hardly respond to emails.

Gallant1010

Apr 4, 2018
I tried using the web mail but it’s been two months without reply. I’m told they hardly respond to emails.
Not entirely true. When my wife did her medicals and a week after no confirmation from them, I mailed and got a response back in 2days advising they got her medicals and will update online shortly. I did not use webmail but emailed Accra.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
If anyone is still on here from back then, just wanted to give update that we won appeal in ADR on September 11. Now back to waiting for processing (we were told the file is going to case processing centre in Ottawa). Original app received by CIC Feb 1 2017. More patience always required, no?
OMG! I remember you @nwaefulu_716 , our application was received same month of February last year, God is indeed good. I’m so happy for you, finally you’ll be able to join your spouse and enjoy your lives together. We all had it tough but in the end God showed us mercy.

Reactions: nwaefulu_716

Bryanmarfo18

Nov 13, 2018
I need a quick education and clarity here. I’m sponsoring my wife from Gh. We recently had a baby and we want to add him to the application. What’s the best procedure for doing this?? Thanks a lot.

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Send them an email to notify them of the changes or wait till you get PPR. PPR will ask you to indicate if there have been any changes to your situation before they issue your visa. You'll be given instructions on how to proceed with updating them on such changes (like the birth of a child). Unfortunately, this will mean your application may be further delayed for the child's background check to take place. You may also to fill more forms and submit documents for the child. All these will take a while and add to your timeline

Bryanmarfo18

Nov 13, 2018
Send them an email to notify them of the changes or wait till you get PPR. PPR will ask you to indicate if there have been any changes to your situation before they issue your visa. You'll be given instructions on how to proceed with updating them on such changes (like the birth of a child). Unfortunately, this will mean your application may be further delayed for the child's background check to take place. You may also to fill more forms and submit documents for the child. All these will take a while and add to your timeline
Thanks for your quick response. I sent AVO an email and they asked that I contact CPC Mississauga. They want me to fill a new application to sponsor forms. Maybe, I will wait as suggested. Thanks

newbie717

Nov 21, 2018
Hey Guys,

My spouse, a January 2018 applicant received a call from Accra Visa Office today asking about our relationship, how we met, future plans, where i stay in Canada, what she does for a living etc. The phone interview last for 10 minutes. What's next after this interview as i am kinda nervous.

I have read similar stories but they usually ask applicants to come to Accra for the interview. Anyone with this type of phone interview? Thoughts please. Thank you!

bago4c

Aug 23, 2017
Hey Guys,

My spouse, a January 2018 applicant received a call from Accra Visa Office today asking about our relationship, how we met, future plans, where i stay in Canada, what she does for a living etc. The phone interview last for 10 minutes. What's next after this interview as i am kinda nervous.

I have read similar stories but they usually ask applicants to come to Accra for the interview. Anyone with this type of phone interview? Thoughts please. Thank you!
Phone interview isn't strange. A couple of people have had similar experiences. If she passed the interview, I pray she did, you should be getting PPR or MR (if you haven't already) any time from now.

newbie717

Nov 21, 2018
Phone interview isn't strange. A couple of people have had similar experiences. If she passed the interview, I pray she did, you should be getting PPR or MR (if you haven't already) any time from now.
Thanks for your response, bago4c. We've done MR and its currently showing as "passed". Well, she said she answered all the questions asked which are true based on our application. Fingers crossed.