+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
So I got a message from the minister in regards to the mail sent earlier;
See below;

Thank you for your correspondence of March 5, 2018, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning processing times in the Canadian Visa office in Accra. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

application processing times is available on the Department’s Website.

Family reunification is a key priority for the Government of Canada. To complete the processing of partner and spousal applications, the sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship, and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. In this respect, IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that IRCC’s partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which the Department has no control.

Departmental records indicate that your application was received on July 7, 2017, and is being processed within the published processing timelines at the Canadian visa office in Accra. While I am unable to provide a precise timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted should any additional information or documentation be required, or once a decision has been made.

Although requests for expedited processing are understandable, applications may, in general, only be expedited in extraordinary cases with compelling circumstances. Applicants should direct any information or documentation in support of such a request to the processing office.

With regard to the services you have received, if you have a complaint, you may wish to submit your concerns through IRCC’s Client Feedback service. The Web Form allows clients to submit questions, comments, compliments, and complaints about departmental services through a single, centralized web form.

I would also like to point out that the Government of Canada has made government information more accessible to all. Data collections and statistics on immigration and citizenship application processing can be found on the following Website: https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset?keywords=IRCC. The data collections on this site are sortable and you may find them of interest.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,
The wording is a little different to mine so it seems that they actually wrote kind of personal replies.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
I replied back with this:

Good afternoon,

I appreciate the time taking to respond to my concern. I can only imagine how many emails must come into your office.

While I do understand that some of the process is outside the control over the various visa offices, what IS within the control of the offices is the amount and type of communication between officers and applicants. I believe that if a more proactive approach to communication was taken, it would prevent a lot of the fear and confusion that those of us in the process face.

More proactive communication would also lessen the number of emails from people like me received by your office (and I recognize the irony in that I am one of the people slowing down the process by emailing you and my MP).

I believe the process would benefit from being the target of a LEAN or human-centred design approach. I do understand that a committee was looking into this previously, but I believe the one aspect that seems to have been overlooked so far is the lack of communication, which includes actual MEANINGFUL updates to GCKey. As participants in this process we are told to go there for updates, but nothing ever changes, or only changes well after decisions have actually been made.

Sincerely,

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
May I see your reply please?
Thank you for your correspondence of March 2, 2018, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerningyour sponsorship undertaking on behalf of your husband’s application for permanent residence. The Department is also in receipt of your email of March 8, 2018, sent to the Minister, on the same subject. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Your comments and suggestions are noted. Family reunification, reducing overall wait times and improving client service are key government priorities. Every effort is made to deal with all applications in the most efficient and effective way.

Spousal sponsorship is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Since December 2016, the Department has committed to processing the majority of new spousal sponsorship applications for spouses, partners, and dependent children within 12 months of receipt. Please note that processing times are difficult to predict. They may vary depending on and the number of applications currently being processed and on the complexity of each individual case.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada records confirm that this application (F000xxxxxx) was received on April 4, 2017, and is currently being processed at the Canadian visa office in Accra. Therefore, it appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays.

While I cannot give you a time frame for the completion of this application, please be assured that your husband will be contacted if additional information or documentation is needed or should an interview be required.

With regard to processing times at the Canadian visa office in Accra, please rest assured that IRCC strives to deliver quality client service across its global network. However, IRCC does acknowledge that there are sometimes differences in processing times among regions and offices. Each visa office throughout IRCC’s overseas network faces unique program challenges that reflect the type and volumes of both permanent and temporary resident applications processed, issues related to the extent of territorial responsibility, program integrity concerns and the infrastructure capacities of the region in which they work. IRCC closely monitors the application processing times and is exploring new ways to improve service while maintaining the integrity of the immigration program.

Applicants may check the status of their application by using IRCC’s online services, available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html.

IRCC appreciates all suggestions and feedback, and such input is taken into consideration as the Department moves forward with a view to continuous improvements of its programs, services, and policies.

Should you wish to submit further feedback, IRCC’s Client Feedback Mechanism is available on the Department’s Website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp; this mechanism allows clients to submit comments, compliments, and complaints about IRCC’s services through a single, centralized Web form.

I realize that this situation is distressing to you, and I regret that a more positive response cannot be provided.

Sincerely,

F. Macmillan

Reactions: me2605

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Thank you for your correspondence of March 2, 2018, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerningyour sponsorship undertaking on behalf of your husband’s application for permanent residence. The Department is also in receipt of your email of March 8, 2018, sent to the Minister, on the same subject. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Your comments and suggestions are noted. Family reunification, reducing overall wait times and improving client service are key government priorities. Every effort is made to deal with all applications in the most efficient and effective way.

Spousal sponsorship is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Since December 2016, the Department has committed to processing the majority of new spousal sponsorship applications for spouses, partners, and dependent children within 12 months of receipt. Please note that processing times are difficult to predict. They may vary depending on and the number of applications currently being processed and on the complexity of each individual case.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada records confirm that this application (F000xxxxxx) was received on April 4, 2017, and is currently being processed at the Canadian visa office in Accra. Therefore, it appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays.

While I cannot give you a time frame for the completion of this application, please be assured that your husband will be contacted if additional information or documentation is needed or should an interview be required.

With regard to processing times at the Canadian visa office in Accra, please rest assured that IRCC strives to deliver quality client service across its global network. However, IRCC does acknowledge that there are sometimes differences in processing times among regions and offices. Each visa office throughout IRCC’s overseas network faces unique program challenges that reflect the type and volumes of both permanent and temporary resident applications processed, issues related to the extent of territorial responsibility, program integrity concerns and the infrastructure capacities of the region in which they work. IRCC closely monitors the application processing times and is exploring new ways to improve service while maintaining the integrity of the immigration program.

Applicants may check the status of their application by using IRCC’s online services, available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/application/check-status.html.

IRCC appreciates all suggestions and feedback, and such input is taken into consideration as the Department moves forward with a view to continuous improvements of its programs, services, and policies.

Should you wish to submit further feedback, IRCC’s Client Feedback Mechanism is available on the Department’s Website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp; this mechanism allows clients to submit comments, compliments, and complaints about IRCC’s services through a single, centralized Web form.

I realize that this situation is distressing to you, and I regret that a more positive response cannot be provided.

Sincerely,

F. Macmillan
Totally Different replies

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hey guys @Lagos babe @debbiejosh @Kwamtin and others that submitted passport please any news regarding PUM yet?
@Stellalawrence hello I've been so occupied since last week trying to prepare myself to leave for Canada. My PUM was rather sent to my wife on last week Tuesday and she forwarded it to me on Wednesday so by Thursday I received my package from DHL. It took 5days including weekends to receive PUM after my GCkey changed to application approved and counterfoil issued.

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
@Stellalawrence hello I've been so occupied since last week trying to prepare myself to leave for Canada. My PUM was rather sent to my wife on last week Tuesday and she forwarded it to me on Wednesday so by Thursday I received my package from DHL. It took 5days including weekends to receive PUM after my GCkey changed to application approved and counterfoil issued.
Congratulations

Reactions: Kwamtin

zsmom

Mar 28, 2018
My app started to be processed march 21 2017 , it's now passed 12months and we havent heard from them yet. Any march applicants hear anythimg

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
My app started to be processed march 21 2017 , it's now passed 12months and we havent heard from them yet. Any march applicants hear anythimg
You've heard nothing at all since your medical? Are you the sponsor or applicant? If it's been 12 months you can contact your MP (ou the sponsor can) and contract the visa office directly to try and get an update.

I'm early April and still waiting. There were some March applicants too I think .

zsmom

Mar 28, 2018
You've heard nothing at all since your medical? Are you the sponsor or applicant? If it's been 12 months you can contact your MP (ou the sponsor can) and contract the visa office directly to try and get an update.

I'm early April and still waiting. There were some March applicants too I think .

No nothing, nothing at all. I'm the sponsor. Thanks for your response. I will surely be writing my MP. Are MPs' able to speed things up or offer help of any kind?

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
No nothing, nothing at all. I'm the sponsor. Thanks for your response. I will surely be writing my MP. Are MPs' able to speed things up or offer help of any kind?
They can fine out what's going on some, but not actually speed things up . But sometimes just knowing what's happening helps