+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

dok

Apr 20, 2014
Hello Everyone, I need assistance in finding a passport photo studio in Kumasi. I’m submitting my permanent residence next week. All the photo studios I went to in Kumasi know the 35*45 for visa. Any advise on where in Kumasi I can get permanent residence passport photos done correctly for Canada spousal application?

Reactions: maki22

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hello Everyone, I need assistance in finding a passport photo studio in Kumasi. I’m submitting my permanent residence next week. All the photo studios I went to in Kumasi know the 35*45 for visa. Any advise on where in Kumasi I can get permanent residence passport photos done correctly for Canada spousal application?
Go to adum and look for sunshine photoprint/studio. It's in the same building of topman shoes. Tell them you're taking a passport size for Canada, that's where I took mine. It's 50mm by 70mm. And after that they will endorse the back with their stamp and date.

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
@AtGod yay! Im so happy for you. Told you to believe. Im still believing. Congratulations dear.

Reactions: AtGod and maki22

Tosode

Star Member
Oct 23, 2012
Root
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
03 Jan 16
Nomination.....
19 July 16
AOR Received.
17 Nov 16
IELTS Request
sent with application
Med's Request
upfront 15 Aug 17
Med's Done....
passed + ADR 21 Aug 17
Reactions: maki22

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
@AtGod yay! Im so happy for you. Told you to believe. Im still believing. Congratulations dear.
Thank you dear for your support. Your optimism helped me a lot. I hope you will get your interview date very soon. Good luck :)

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
So I got a message from the minister in regards to the mail sent earlier;
See below;

Thank you for your correspondence of March 5, 2018, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning processing times in the Canadian Visa office in Accra. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

application processing times is available on the Department’s Website.

Family reunification is a key priority for the Government of Canada. To complete the processing of partner and spousal applications, the sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship, and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. In this respect, IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that IRCC’s partner agencies may require in providing input are something over which the Department has no control.

Departmental records indicate that your application was received on July 7, 2017, and is being processed within the published processing timelines at the Canadian visa office in Accra. While I am unable to provide a precise timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted should any additional information or documentation be required, or once a decision has been made.

Although requests for expedited processing are understandable, applications may, in general, only be expedited in extraordinary cases with compelling circumstances. Applicants should direct any information or documentation in support of such a request to the processing office.

With regard to the services you have received, if you have a complaint, you may wish to submit your concerns through IRCC’s Client Feedback service. The Web Form allows clients to submit questions, comments, compliments, and complaints about departmental services through a single, centralized web form.

I would also like to point out that the Government of Canada has made government information more accessible to all. Data collections and statistics on immigration and citizenship application processing can be found on the following Website: https://open.canada.ca/data/en/dataset?keywords=IRCC. The data collections on this site are sortable and you may find them of interest.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I trust that this information is helpful to you.

Sincerely,