+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Austy

Feb 23, 2018
Hi guys,
Application has been Approved and Counterfoil issued!! Just waiting for PUM.
I don’t know if we really have to wait for PUM or just send DHL to pick up the passport.
I know there has been some cases whereby some applicants has to wait 4 weeks to receive PUM.
I am April 4th,2017 Applicant

Agi2009

Nov 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra.
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
4th September 2015
Doc's Request.
20th may 2016 additional proofs was requested...may 26 2016, everything was sent
AOR Received.
November 2015
File Transfer...
24th Nov 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
July 4th 2015
Interview........
probably not
Passport Req..
by his light
VISA ISSUED...
very soon
LANDED..........
the door will open soon
Hi guys,
I don’t know if we really have to wait for PUM or just send DHL to pick up the passport.
I know there has been some cases whereby some applicants has to wait 4 weeks to receive PUM.

Mine was approved on Monday and was given to DHL on Wednesday because we did mailed the passport with a return envelope. My husband was on his way to the AVO with his ticket when he decided to call DHL, that's wen he was told they are on their way for a pick it up.

Austy

Feb 23, 2018
Mine was approved on Monday and was given to DHL on Wednesday because we did mailed the passport with a return envelope. My husband was on his way to the AVO with his ticket when he decided to call DHL, that's wen he was told they are on their way for a pick it up.
DHL in Kumasi didn’t allow my wife to pay for return envelope. They told her to call them for pickup once she receives PUM. I will ask her to call them for pick up. Thank you for your reply.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
DHL in Kumasi didn’t allow my wife to pay for return envelope. They told her to call them for pickup once she receives PUM. I will ask her to call them for pick up. Thank you for your reply.
I'm in the same boat with your wife. I was approved on Thursday and yet to receive PUM. So you will have to wait until the PUM arrives then you print a copy and send to DHL to use for the pick up.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
I'm also in Kumasi, don't worry DHL will pick it up within 24hours once your wife goes there with PUM

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Hi guys,
Congrats!

Reactions: Austy

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Wondering if anyone else has noticed initals on the bottom of email correspondance from avo? Last year I sent an updated copy of my passport and asked that my file reflect my married name and received confirmation that it was received, and a few weeks ago I asked for an update and got a standard response. Both emails were signed 'mv'.

OneBoo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2018
Wondering if anyone else has noticed initals on the bottom of email correspondance from avo? Last year I sent an updated copy of my passport and asked that my file reflect my married name and received confirmation that it was received, and a few weeks ago I asked for an update and got a standard response. Both emails were signed 'mv'.
All my correspondence including My latest mail from AVO(a few weeks ago) was just signed off by the immigration section. No initials

Reactions: maki22

BlackDiamond

Jul 19, 2017
Liberia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
15-02-2016
AOR Received.
03-16-2016
File Transfer...
30-03-2016
Med's Request
17-03-2017
Med's Done....
04-04-2017
All my correspondence including My latest mail from AVO(a few weeks ago) was just signed off by the immigration section. No initials
I too have three correspondences signed "MV".

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Does anyone know why there is a 5 month or more delay in decision making after the medicals have passed and review of additional documents says not applicable and the issuance of PPR and has anyone received it in 6 months from the AVO? Thank you.

Last edited:

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
I got the standard reply to the email that we all sent to the Minister of Immigration.

The one line that jumped out at me as this:
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada records confirm that this application (xxxxxxxx) was received on April 4, 2017, and is currently being processed at the Canadian visa office in Accra. Therefore, it appears that this application is proceeding normally with no unexpected or unwarranted delays.

So between that and a message from our MP on Friday that said:
Good Morning,

Your application is in the que and will be processed accordingly. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

I am currently working with clients who have applied in 2015. Please check out the link for processing times.

I am hoping this means that there are no issues so far and it is just taking a while to process our application. Still hoping to get our notes sometime this week.

Reactions: maki22