+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

PurpleGold

Feb 27, 2018
it depends on their nationality . Some nationals have shorter timelines . eg Rwanda takes 6 to 8 months for their nationals. whiles other countries are from 12, 16 or 24 months etc. however one can check on their website to see how much time they have left for them to wait. That way if it's long over due you can write a letter to notify them. What I know it's the Ghanaian timeline is shorter than the Nigerians. And how fast you receive your visa depends on the the number of applicants who applied , it turns to go fast if there are only few applicants. With the AVO I think they are slow due to the number of different countries sharing the same facility . The Canadian embassy In Accra here doesn't only serve Ghana, Nigeria & Liberia applicants. Some other neighboring countries also have to apply through AVO. so just imagine how crazy it is!

Gattu_Milan

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
App. Filed.......
28 April 2017
Doc's Request.
14 June 2017
AOR Received.
10 June 2017
File Transfer...
25 July 2017
Med's Request
26 September 2017
Med's Done....
2 October 2017
Good point. And I think they seem to pay more attention to mails sent by sponsors than PA.

I suggest that once everyone or at least quite a majority of us have agreed on the tex from @RoamingSpirit , we should all copy it and pass on to our individual sponsors to send to the minister and their MP. So for example lets say @RoamingSpirit sends on monday then @me2605 on tuesday and so on. Please remember to ask sponsors to add their UCI no as the subject and then names at the foot of the letter. Yo can find out who your MP is and their contact info at the following link members . And email for the minister is as follows:
Ministerial.Enquiries.Division@cic.gc.ca

Minister@cic.gc.ca

Ahmed.hussen@parl.gc.ca

Abiebie

Star Member
Jan 18, 2018
it depends on their nationality . Some nationals have shorter timelines . eg Rwanda takes 6 to 8 months for their nationals. whiles other countries are from 12, 16 or 24 months etc. however one can check on their website to see how much time they have left for them to wait. That way if it's long over due you can write a letter to notify them. What I know it's the Ghanaian timeline is shorter than the Nigerians. And how fast you receive your visa depends on the the number of applicants who applied , it turns to go fast if there are only few applicants. With the AVO I think they are slow due to the number of different countries sharing the same facility . The Canadian embassy In Accra here doesn't only serve Ghana, Nigeria & Liberia applicants. Some other neighboring countries also have to apply through AVO. so just imagine how crazy it is!
Wen Cic says 12months there is nothing like some vo have shorter time. D 12 months is for sponsorship everywhere. So we want to knw if those oda vo re more important than us becos the last time I checked we all hv one head and one body so what’s d diff. #Just saying

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Under the new process, the Canadian government has committed to processing 80% of complete applications within 12 months.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Wen Cic says 12months there is nothing like some vo have shorter time. D 12 months is for sponsorship everywhere. So we want to knw if those oda vo re more important than us becos the last time I checked we all hv one head and one body so what’s d diff. #Just saying
True. I posted something similar in the IRCC Facebook page after the minister said how they have met their target. Yeah they met their target overall, but probably not per vo as some after faster than others and balance out the overall percentage.

Reactions: Abiebie and maki22

Gattu_Milan

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
App. Filed.......
28 April 2017
Doc's Request.
14 June 2017
AOR Received.
10 June 2017
File Transfer...
25 July 2017
Med's Request
26 September 2017
Med's Done....
2 October 2017

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
Hi AVO folks! I am from another slow VO: Mexico but have been following your plan to write a letter to the Minister. I wanted to suggest that when you send the original message to Minister Hussein's office, that you also CC the Accra VO so that they can see the action that is being taken. Maybe that is already part of the plan (I may have missed this), but I think it is good that the VO sees what is going on, which might incentivize some movement or at least some communication for those who have experienced extra long timelines.
Cheers and good luck!

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Hi AVO folks! I am from another slow VO: Mexico but have been following your plan to write a letter to the Minister. I wanted to suggest that when you send the original message to Minister Hussein's office, that you also CC the Accra VO so that they can see the action that is being taken. Maybe that is already part of the plan (I may have missed this), but I think it is good that the VO sees what is going on, which might incentivize some movement or at least some communication for those who have experienced extra long timelines.
Cheers and good luck!
What are your processing times like? Maybe you guys can take the letter, adjust it to your VO and get people to send it also. We are looking for equality in processing times - not just for one VO but for all of them.

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
The following are timelines from PARIS VO:

App Submitted: Sept 13-2017

AOR1: Oct 24- 2017

Sponsor Approval: Oct 31-2017

Sched A/PCC Upload: Nov 2-2017

File Transfer to Paris VO: Nov 9- 2017

Paris VO Processing: Nov-13-2017

Medical Approved: Nov 14-2017

Additional Docs Requested by VO: Jan 10-2018

Pre-arrival letter: Feb 15-2018

Backgroundcheck IP: Feb 15-2018

Decision Made: Feb 20-2018

PPR: Feb 27-2018

Landed:

Application Received: Oct 16, 2017

Link Account: Nov. 28, 2017

Schedule A Request: Nov 29, 2017

Medical Request: Dec 1, 2017

Sponsorship Approval: Dec 5, 2017

Files Transferred to Local VO: Dec 7, 2017

BCG: Jan 9, 2017

Pre-Arrival Letter: Jan 9, 2017

Note that paris vo also handle some 3-4 african countries,, Tunisia, Algeria, Libya,

geografa

Apr 30, 2017
What are your processing times like? Maybe you guys can take the letter, adjust it to your VO and get people to send it also. We are looking for equality in processing times - not just for one VO but for all of them.
I am making a generalization here, but from what I understand the majority of applications don't get processed in under 10 months. @starnaenae is at 12 months and just a got pre-arrival letter, while @majesty is at 14 months or more, I believe. Others may better be able to weigh in on this, as my specific application is only going into its 7th month- so we won't be participating in action-taking at the moment (don't want to poke the bear!).
But generally, people express frustration with lack of communication and transparency from Mexico VO as well. Mexico has a really high work load too, as I understand, and is responsible for processing applications from many countries in Latin America.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
I am making a generalization here, but from what I understand the majority of applications don't get processed in under 10 months. @starnaenae is at 12 months and just a got pre-arrival letter, while @majesty is at 14 months or more, I believe. Others may better be able to weigh in on this, as my specific application is only going into its 7th month- so we won't be participating in action-taking at the moment (don't want to poke the bear!).
But generally, people express frustration with lack of communication and transparency from Mexico VO as well. Mexico has a really high work load too, as I understand, and is responsible for processing applications from many countries in Latin America.
Thanks for sharing the information. Every now and then we see people getting mail from AVO on a Sunday morning. Does that ever happen with you guys?

Totally understand about not wanting to participate at this time. Hope the process goes well for you.

Reactions: maki22

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
@RoamingSpirit Can i ask if its possible that people can sign the petition anonymously incase they are either scared or worried that them signing the petition with their true names might affect their application. I know thats how a lot of africans think (no disrespect intended). And maybe it can be pointed out on the change website that some people have signed anonymously. I believe this would get the numbers of people signing up to thousands in no time.