+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
@waitingInTO Thanks for the help. will the forms come with an option to waive or whats the process to request a waiver for a non-accompanying dependant? Also will a waiver request slow things down?
Your medical request Would come with that for your non-accompanying dependant, and it doesn't come with an option to waive.
The request has a 30 days deadline, and you need to prove to the visa officer, reasons with proof, why you can't get in contact with the dependent.
A notarized letter or affidavit is needed also, it is at the visa officer's discretion, and you would now be granted the forms to waive.
Also, note that you would not be able to sponsor the dependent forever.
Yes, a waiver request will slow things down, with AVO, they need to peruse the documents sent, and see true reason, why you can't make contact with the dependent.

Below is a letter sent to someone on this case, for your perusal.

All family members, whether accompanying or not, are required to be examined to ensure that they are
not inadmissible to Canada. You must make every effort to have your non-accompanying family
members examined. You cannot simply choose not to have them examined. If you are unable
to meet this requirement, you must satisfy an officer that extenuating circumstances prevent you
from doing so and that you have made all reasonable efforts to meet this requirement.
If all of your family members are not examined and you are unwilling or unable to provide
supporting documentation to satisfy an officer that you have made all reasonable efforts to meet
this requirement, your application will be decided based on information available on file which
may result in the refusal of your application.
If you are unable to have all of your family members examined, you must provide the following as proof
of your efforts to have them examined;
i) A statement and supporting documentation for your attempts to have your non-accompanying
family members examined and,
ii) An explanation as to why your attempts to have your non-accompanying family members
examined have not been successful, including court documents, custody and/or separation
documents as applicable. Note: Not having custody of a child should not normally be an
impediment to having the child examined.

You must show that you have made all reasonable efforts to have your family members examined. We
will review the documentation provided and advise you whether there are sufficient reasons to consider
granting relief from having your non-accompanying family members examined. It is only in truly

exceptional circumstances, when there are clear humanitarian and compassionate grounds, where relief
may be granted from not meeting the requirements of the Act.
We remind you that failing to declare a spouse or child in your application, prior to becoming a
permanent resident, may lead to an inadmissibility finding for you, even if you have already become a
permanent resident."

tbnb

May 31, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-10-2017
Doc's Request.
none requested
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
26-05-2017
Med's Request
15-09-2017
Med's Done....
30-09-2017
Interview........
none scheduled
Passport Req..
28-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2018
LANDED..........
TBD
Is this for spousal sponsorship?

Where did you get the invite?
No. I am FSW outland applicant. I have total score of 478. I received ITA in August 2017. I did online application on oct 3. received aor on oct 3 and then within a week or so, my file was in IP1 or IP2 (not sure). After that, no updates till date. Nor did I receive any email from them asking for additional docs.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
No. I am FSW outland applicant. I have total score of 478. I received ITA in August 2017. I did online application on oct 3. received aor on oct 3 and then within a week or so, my file was in IP1 or IP2 (not sure). After that, no updates till date. Nor did I receive any email from them asking for additional docs.
This forum is for spousal applicants through Accra so we may not be much help with this type of question.

tbnb

May 31, 2017
USA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
03-10-2017
Doc's Request.
none requested
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
18-10-2017
IELTS Request
26-05-2017
Med's Request
15-09-2017
Med's Done....
30-09-2017
Interview........
none scheduled
Passport Req..
28-02-2018
VISA ISSUED...
07-03-2018
LANDED..........
TBD

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
@Mylove4God2017 & co some of us are still here oh! I try to read the forum every week and weigh in on some topics that I feel I can add my voice to. I do understand your frustration hearing from people for the first time only after they have PPR and/or need help. Those of us who have our significant others landed are trying to adjust to living together for the first time and help them settle in, so do bear with us. If you do really need something that no one is answering, I'm sure you can PM me and some of the old members and they will respond. A couple of people have reached out to me via PM which triggers an email notification so that I am alerted.

I pray that you all get PPR and good news soon so that the tension subsides.
Hi thanks for your reply, can you share your experiences on settling in, did you have to take time off work etc. Something else to diffuse the agony of waiting :)
This won't be my first time staying with my spouse but I'm anxious about his settling in ( when he finally receives his visa

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
Hi i have a question...i'm looking for tickets online for my wife to come and join me in canada...she finilly got her sponsorship visa...now my question can she make transit in any country depending on the airline?
i will like to know thanks house.

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
Hi i have a question...i'm looking for tickets online for my wife to come and join me in canada...she finilly got her sponsorship visa...now my question can she make transit in any country depending on the airline?
if she is flying from lagos, she can get klm, airfrance, ba or lufthansa, this ones dont require transit visa. because she isn't entering of those respective countries. she can also fly turkish and her canadian is valid for entry/transit through istanbul

ola22

Star Member
Feb 20, 2018
if she is flying from lagos, she can get klm, airfrance, ba or lufthansa, this ones dont require transit visa. because she isn't entering of those respective countries. she can also fly turkish and her canadian is valid for entry/transit through istanbul
entering any of*

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
she's flying from Ghana

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017
congratulations. Please how long did it take from when AVO receive your passport to getting it back?

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
so those are the only airlines she fly on?

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...