Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Today marks exactly one month AVO received my additional documents package and still no PPR yet what’s wrong with these people? The frustration and distance between us is really killing us...we praying to get PPR by the close of the day

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
FinallyI House, DHL delivered My documents back on the 31st of January making it exactly one year after application. More importantly, I have stuff to share.

It got to my neck on the 29th of November and I sent AVO this:

Dear immigration officer,
Checking online application status reveals "Action Required" but I have not received any email or update from your office concerning my Application for permanent residency under family sponsorship.
I also sent you more (travel)document update on the 16th November 2017. I will appreciate knowing what is the present situation of the application.
This will also enable me to know whether or not I have missed a correspondence from you.

Thank you.
xxxxxxxxxxx

To which I got this generic response from AVO on the 30th November:

Hello,

Kindly note that your file is in queue for review and no action is required from you at this time.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxx

After that I could not keep my cool a week afterwards as my 1 year period is almost at hand and my thought is that I do not have to keep quiet till the 1-year mark hence I sent them this on the 8th of December:

Dear Immigration officer,
Friends who submitted the same sponsorship application under the same category in only a few months have at least been asked to go for medical examination while some already have theirs passed, What is going on with my own application?
The expected duration is 12 months from your website but over 10 months is gone and nothing from you.
I will be happy and relieved to get some update concerning my application please, patience while friends that applied much later are making progress is not easy to keep up with.
Thank you.
xxxxxxx

Then on the 12th of December 2017, I got this invitation for prearrival by the following automail:

You have a new message(s) in your account.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

After this I got MR and PPR on the 14th of December 2017 which I shared earlier on the forum.

I did medical, sent my Documents on the 19th December and sent them this mail:

Dear Immigration Officer,
The required medical examination was completed at an approved panel and attached is a copy of the medical test receipt. It is e-medical so, the test result is forwarded to you directly.
Today, all other requirements such as International passport, photographs, height and eye colour chat have been dispatched to your office via DHL courier.

Thank you.
xxxxx

DHL docs sent received at AVO on the 21st of December 2017. Med passed on profile on 27th dec. 2017 and then nothing. I say my counterfoil online on the 19th December that visa was issued on the 17th but no PUM.
After reading a post about how a forum member got a return DHL without getting A PUM, I decided to give them a little push again by asking for my PUM on the 24th January as pasted below:

Dear Immigration Officer,
I could see from the online GCKey that my wife's application was approved and documents issued on January 17, 2018.
Please, I'll love to send DHL to come over to your office for the document pick up immediately.
Kind regards.

Then the very next day, 25th January 2018 they replied with:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please note that your document is ready for pick-up. Kindly make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package.

Best regards,

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (PA)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada

I sent a DHL to pick up and I got my documents delivered on the 31st January with all my picture about 130 of them.

A massive thank you to every member of this forum for all manner of experience sharing that I have learnt a great deal from.

Now my personal advice

When I read Iyawosparks email to the minister I said to myself "IYAWOSPARK SPARKED FOR THE MINISTER!!"
I will advise anyone to send factual polite emails to the minister or the AVO. their response or none, is another thing.
In my own case, I was ready to start sending them emails everyday if they won't respond and later start copying the minister everyday also till they respond. Doing this wont take me time thanks to copying and paste until they process my application. I personally would not encourage rudeness or abusive words/verbal assault but make your voice heard and who know it might just help. My partner believed or thought that probably my emails were coincident with their responses but I believe my emails were led by the spirit as my own scripture says " whatsoever I do shall prosper(prayers and factual polite emails reminders)"
My sincere congratulations to IYAWOSPARKS, and Lagos babe and all other with good news. I encourage Olawumif to be positive, prepare for the interview, be confident and pray. After all, Daniel came out of Lions Den happily. That shall be your portion in Jesus name.

God bless you all
Hi, great advice, please can you dm me the emails you sent these responses to ?

Reactions: maki22

buckshot11

Mar 16, 2017
Good Evening Sir/Ma,
I am very new here but sure need advise. My wife and I applied on April 2017 and had my medical on October 6th. Since then, we haven’t heard anything from the AVO. We sent couple of emails but got response that we are on queue. What steps do you think we can take again because the wait is frustrating. Is it polite to write the minister now? Will appreciate your response. Thanks and God bless

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Good Evening Sir/Ma,
I am very new here but sure need advise. My wife and I applied on April 2017 and had my medical on October 6th. Since then, we haven’t heard anything from the AVO. We sent couple of emails but got response that we are on queue. What steps do you think we can take again because the wait is frustrating. Is it polite to write the minister now? Will appreciate your response. Thanks and God bless
There are a few of us from April (me included) that haven't heard yet. We will get there. Just be patient.

Reactions: Cei325

Jayotuks

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017
I was hoping we would hear some significant news from Accra today... *sighs* I have never seen a more lousy VO before. I pray this week won't be like the previous weeks.

Stellalawrence

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
I'
Good Evening Sir/Ma,
Im a March 8th applicant did medicals in august and havnt heard back from them. Myself and my husband have decided to send mails and call missisauga everyday till they respond. Fingers crossed for positive response

Pete2020

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia
Thought I should share, started this journey with this applicant from another visa office behold this timeline:

Hello,

VO office: Sri Lanka

I have been following this post for the last 6 months and been a silent reader. I would like to share my timeline. My timeline as follows;

1. Sent application on September 7, 2017
  2. Application received at Mississauga on September 8, 2017
  3. Receipt of Acknowledgement letter on October 18, 2017
  4. Linked application on October 18, 2017
  5. Schedule A and Police report request on October 19, 2017
  6. Sponsor Approval on Oct 27th, 2017
  7. Application sent to Colombo Visa office on Oct 28th , 2017
  8. Medical Request on December 14, 2017
  9. Medical examination on December 27, 2017
  10. Medical Passed notification on Dec 28, 2017
  11. Pre arrival invitation on Jan 28th, 2018
  12. Decision Made and PPR on Jan 29th, 2018
  13. Passport submitted to VFS on Jan 30th, 2018
  14. Passport received with Visa Stamped on Feb 1st, 2018

1. What's is happening at AVO? Are they short staff? Are they having more volumes to process? Is it an African thing? A lot going on in my head after seeing this timeline from Sri Lanka.

Last edited:
Reactions: maki22