+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
I am visiting the AVO in person - does anyone have any concerns that you want me to relay to the staff? What should I ask? Thank you.
It would be interesting to know why some applications are processed faster than others, even when others were submitted earlier .

Good luck on your visit .

Reactions: Milaby

bbccanada

Jul 19, 2012
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
05-01-2017
Doc's Request.
none
AOR Received.
18-01-2017
File Transfer...
20-01-2017 in process Accra 02-02-2017
Med's Request
upfront
Interview........
No interview
Passport Req..
21-11-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-12-2017
It would be interesting to know why some applications are processed faster than others, even when others were submitted earlier .

Good luck on your visit .
I am visiting the AVO in person - does anyone have any concerns that you want me to relay to the staff? What should I ask? Thank you.
There is no harm in trying just that they wont give you any answer rather than telling you to check the status of the app on line

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
I don’t think they’ll let u in but when you’re allowed, kindly ask them what’s happening to February applications with these lots of fairness letters and when they’re going look into it and issue out our visas since we’re almost done with they’re so called one year mark. Thanks

Reactions: Kwamtin and maki22

AnneMariee

Mar 23, 2017
Canada
Category........
I am a Canadian citizen so they have to let me in and also I'm doing other consular business there.

I will ask them the questions posed herein.

I am also attempting to meet with the High Commissioner.

Thank you.
Don't forget to go with ur Canadian passport. If u get the chance to talk with someone who will indeed answer u, let them know that people are frustrated lol

Reactions: McAkyne and maki22

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Don't forget to go with ur Canadian passport. If u get the chance to talk with someone who will indeed answer u, let them know that people are frustrated lol
Yes my husband who was not Canadian was not allowed in until I called to intervene.

I will relay all of the concerns I have read about here if I get a chance to speak to right person.

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Please help ask when they will get to July... Also advise them if they can treat all applications together Abeg, other VOs are in August, September. They are still struggling with March and April. Please tell them I need to see my hubby. Thank you

Reactions: maki22

Lizzer_

Feb 6, 2018
Hello everyone,
Please am new on this site, am a pr December applicant, am a Nigerian too.
Please i would like to know if there is a WhatsApp group for Accra/Nigerian permanent resident for Canada group.
I would appreciate it if anyone knows and kindly share the link.
Thanks

Abayomi1111

Star Member
Nov 4, 2017
Going to Accra on holiday with my partner. If par-adventure medical comes while I’m in Accra can I do it there? Or do I have to come back to Nigeria for it?

adebiyialabi

Feb 6, 2018
Good day sir may I have your contact sir to have discussion with u. I submitted my application in 2016 after sucrimg nomination from Manitoba but still Accra has not attended to me till date. So many people are in this situation too. Please kindly send me drop your number so we can discuss before you go sir. Alternatively u can contact me on this line 07068341909 Thank u so much

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Going to Accra on holiday with my partner. If par-adventure medical comes while I’m in Accra can I do it there? Or do I have to come back to Nigeria for it?
You can do your medical anywhere in the world, you only download the form, and take to the clinic, with your international passport and other requirements.
Just ensure and ask the Ghanaian peeps here, which clinic, is best, in terms of e-medicals, and fast correspondence with AVO.

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
Thought I should share, started this journey with this applicant from another visa office behold this timeline:

Hello,

VO office: Sri Lanka

I have been following this post for the last 6 months and been a silent reader. I would like to share my timeline. My timeline as follows;

1. Sent application on September 7, 2017
  2. Application received at Mississauga on September 8, 2017
  3. Receipt of Acknowledgement letter on October 18, 2017
  4. Linked application on October 18, 2017
  5. Schedule A and Police report request on October 19, 2017
  6. Sponsor Approval on Oct 27th, 2017
  7. Application sent to Colombo Visa office on Oct 28th , 2017
  8. Medical Request on December 14, 2017
  9. Medical examination on December 27, 2017
  10. Medical Passed notification on Dec 28, 2017
  11. Pre arrival invitation on Jan 28th, 2018
  12. Decision Made and PPR on Jan 29th, 2018
  13. Passport submitted to VFS on Jan 30th, 2018
  14. Passport received with Visa Stamped on Feb 1st, 2018

1. What's is happening at AVO? Are they short staff? Are they having more volumes to process? Is it an African thing? A lot going on in my head after seeing this timeline from Sri Lanka.
NA WA OO like someone who submitted in September??? I cannot believe it. We submitted in April..... Like how are these things processed? I am very confused right now.

donchik

Star Member
May 29, 2017
We need to seriously report these ppl to The Office in Mississauga or something. Like if they need employees I can apply lolll. Playing with peoples destiny like kilode