App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Is it compulsory to get pre arrival services mail before ppr? Or can one get ppr even without pre arrival services mail
I don’t think it’s compulsory. I got PPR yesterday without pre arrival services mail. Pre arrival services mail came in some minutes ago.

Reactions: Cei325

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
Congrats to all who received good news.
I also received news but wih mixed feelings. My gcms notes came back and the notes stated that inteview is required. My case has always been peculiar as my husband was sponsored in a previous marriageso i knew there might be questions. My worry now is the fact that they stated i was refused a trv in 2014( which i declared) and also had 7 attempts at express entry in 2015( that was when we just got married and i was eager to be united with my husband),
Im sure the interview mail will come soon. Or it might not (i hope not let them just send pre arrival). But if it does how do i prepare.. i know @becos had a similar issue if she could share her interview tips id be more than happy.
Don't worry dear, I know It will make the process longer but at least you know what is happening. Just be well prepared as others members said, and you will be fine. You have a chance to explain yourself. Pratice again and again. Good luck.

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Congrats to all who received good news.
I also received news but wih mixed feelings. My gcms notes came back and the notes stated that inteview is required. My case has always been peculiar as my husband was sponsored in a previous marriageso i knew there might be questions. My worry now is the fact that they stated i was refused a trv in 2014( which i declared) and also had 7 attempts at express entry in 2015( that was when we just got married and i was eager to be united with my husband),
Im sure the interview mail will come soon. Or it might not (i hope not let them just send pre arrival). But if it does how do i prepare.. i know @becos had a similar issue if she could share her interview tips id be more than happy.
Hoping for the best for you! It will all end in praise.

Lagos babe

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Is it compulsory to get pre arrival services mail before ppr? Or can one get ppr even without pre arrival services mail
Pre arrival can come before, with or after PPR, or not even get it.
The only relief it brings when it comes before PPR, is the assurance that, your application has been approved, and you are at the finish line m
It is not compulsory, in my permanent residence application, I didn't get it, others' got it, even though I went for the training.
Next week, you would get the news you have been waiting for.

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
FinallyI House, DHL delivered My documents back on the 31st of January making it exactly one year after application. More importantly, I have stuff to share.

It got to my neck on the 29th of November and I sent AVO this:

Dear immigration officer,
Checking online application status reveals "Action Required" but I have not received any email or update from your office concerning my Application for permanent residency under family sponsorship.
I also sent you more (travel)document update on the 16th November 2017. I will appreciate knowing what is the present situation of the application.
This will also enable me to know whether or not I have missed a correspondence from you.

Thank you.
xxxxxxxxxxx

To which I got this generic response from AVO on the 30th November:

Hello,

Kindly note that your file is in queue for review and no action is required from you at this time.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxx

After that I could not keep my cool a week afterwards as my 1 year period is almost at hand and my thought is that I do not have to keep quiet till the 1-year mark hence I sent them this on the 8th of December:

Dear Immigration officer,
Friends who submitted the same sponsorship application under the same category in only a few months have at least been asked to go for medical examination while some already have theirs passed, What is going on with my own application?
The expected duration is 12 months from your website but over 10 months is gone and nothing from you.
I will be happy and relieved to get some update concerning my application please, patience while friends that applied much later are making progress is not easy to keep up with.
Thank you.
xxxxxxx

Then on the 12th of December 2017, I got this invitation for prearrival by the following automail:

You have a new message(s) in your account.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

After this I got MR and PPR on the 14th of December 2017 which I shared earlier on the forum.

I did medical, sent my Documents on the 19th December and sent them this mail:

Dear Immigration Officer,
The required medical examination was completed at an approved panel and attached is a copy of the medical test receipt. It is e-medical so, the test result is forwarded to you directly.
Today, all other requirements such as International passport, photographs, height and eye colour chat have been dispatched to your office via DHL courier.

Thank you.
xxxxx

DHL docs sent received at AVO on the 21st of December 2017. Med passed on profile on 27th dec. 2017 and then nothing. I say my counterfoil online on the 19th December that visa was issued on the 17th but no PUM.
After reading a post about how a forum member got a return DHL without getting A PUM, I decided to give them a little push again by asking for my PUM on the 24th January as pasted below:

I could see from the online GCKey that my wife's application was approved and documents issued on January 17, 2018.
Please, I'll love to send DHL to come over to your office for the document pick up immediately.
Kind regards.

Then the very next day, 25th January 2018 they replied with:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please note that your document is ready for pick-up. Kindly make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package.

Best regards,

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (PA)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada

I sent a DHL to pick up and I got my documents delivered on the 31st January with all my picture about 130 of them.

A massive thank you to every member of this forum for all manner of experience sharing that I have learnt a great deal from.

Now my personal advice

When I read Iyawosparks email to the minister I said to myself "IYAWOSPARK SPARKED FOR THE MINISTER!!"
I will advise anyone to send factual polite emails to the minister or the AVO. their response or none, is another thing.
In my own case, I was ready to start sending them emails everyday if they won't respond and later start copying the minister everyday also till they respond. Doing this wont take me time thanks to copying and paste until they process my application. I personally would not encourage rudeness or abusive words/verbal assault but make your voice heard and who know it might just help. My partner believed or thought that probably my emails were coincident with their responses but I believe my emails were led by the spirit as my own scripture says " whatsoever I do shall prosper(prayers and factual polite emails reminders)"
My sincere congratulations to IYAWOSPARKS, and Lagos babe and all other with good news. I encourage Olawumif to be positive, prepare for the interview, be confident and pray. After all, Daniel came out of Lions Den happily. That shall be your portion in Jesus name.

God bless you all

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
FinallyI House, DHL delivered My documents back on the 31st of January making it exactly one year after application. More importantly, I have stuff to share.

It got to my neck on the 29th of November and I sent AVO this:

Dear immigration officer,
Checking online application status reveals "Action Required" but I have not received any email or update from your office concerning my Application for permanent residency under family sponsorship.
I also sent you more (travel)document update on the 16th November 2017. I will appreciate knowing what is the present situation of the application.
This will also enable me to know whether or not I have missed a correspondence from you.

Thank you.
xxxxxxxxxxx

To which I got this generic response from AVO on the 30th November:

Hello,

Kindly note that your file is in queue for review and no action is required from you at this time.

Regards,

xxxxxxxxxx

After that I could not keep my cool a week afterwards as my 1 year period is almost at hand and my thought is that I do not have to keep quiet till the 1-year mark hence I sent them this on the 8th of December:

Dear Immigration officer,
Friends who submitted the same sponsorship application under the same category in only a few months have at least been asked to go for medical examination while some already have theirs passed, What is going on with my own application?
The expected duration is 12 months from your website but over 10 months is gone and nothing from you.
I will be happy and relieved to get some update concerning my application please, patience while friends that applied much later are making progress is not easy to keep up with.
Thank you.
xxxxxxx

Then on the 12th of December 2017, I got this invitation for prearrival by the following automail:

You have a new message(s) in your account.

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

After this I got MR and PPR on the 14th of December 2017 which I shared earlier on the forum.

I did medical, sent my Documents on the 19th December and sent them this mail:

The required medical examination was completed at an approved panel and attached is a copy of the medical test receipt. It is e-medical so, the test result is forwarded to you directly.
Today, all other requirements such as International passport, photographs, height and eye colour chat have been dispatched to your office via DHL courier.

Thank you.
xxxxx

DHL docs sent received at AVO on the 21st of December 2017. Med passed on profile on 27th dec. 2017 and then nothing. I say my counterfoil online on the 19th December that visa was issued on the 17th but no PUM.
After reading a post about how a forum member got a return DHL without getting A PUM, I decided to give them a little push again by asking for my PUM on the 24th January as pasted below:

I could see from the online GCKey that my wife's application was approved and documents issued on January 17, 2018.
Please, I'll love to send DHL to come over to your office for the document pick up immediately.
Kind regards.

Then the very next day, 25th January 2018 they replied with:

Dear Sir/ Madam,

Please note that your document is ready for pick-up. Kindly make an arrangement with a courier service to pick up your package.

Best regards,

Immigration Section

Immigration Program | Programme d'immigration (PA)

High Commission of Canada | Haut commissariat du Canada

I sent a DHL to pick up and I got my documents delivered on the 31st January with all my picture about 130 of them.

A massive thank you to every member of this forum for all manner of experience sharing that I have learnt a great deal from.

Now my personal advice

When I read Iyawosparks email to the minister I said to myself "IYAWOSPARK SPARKED FOR THE MINISTER!!"
I will advise anyone to send factual polite emails to the minister or the AVO. their response or none, is another thing.
In my own case, I was ready to start sending them emails everyday if they won't respond and later start copying the minister everyday also till they respond. Doing this wont take me time thanks to copying and paste until they process my application. I personally would not encourage rudeness or abusive words/verbal assault but make your voice heard and who know it might just help. My partner believed or thought that probably my emails were coincident with their responses but I believe my emails were led by the spirit as my own scripture says " whatsoever I do shall prosper(prayers and factual polite emails reminders)"
My sincere congratulations to IYAWOSPARKS, and Lagos babe and all other with good news. I encourage Olawumif to be positive, prepare for the interview, be confident and pray. After all, Daniel came out of Lions Den happily. That shall be your portion in Jesus name.

God bless you all
I absolutely applaud you with all the work on your file. The patience and endurance has gone a long way. HOPE EVERYONE will take note to send consistent email to avo about status of your app is imperative however it must be relevant not excessive and gentle reminders does not hurt. Abusive behavior will not be tolerated with Immigration.
Best practice send "gentle reminders" to AVO.

Congrats again all the best...

Last edited:

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Actually immigration is not a rush process. Yes they should provide communication however if status has not changed what are they providing you with? Also being vulgar and or abusive isnt going to get the answers you want. Clearly...
Bare in mind immigration is not a favor to you and also your fees paid $1040 is pocket change to the government. JUST because you paid a fee does not guarantee you a faster process and or entry to Canada.
I get your point at the same time immigration is a life long journey. It is annoying as hell however eventually you will get answers. So as I was applauding someone and giving advice on "gentle reminders" should not set a negative tone to your feelings you already got your application moving forward their are others who are still awaiting.
Cheers.. @AnneMariee

Stellalawrence

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Pre arrival can come before, with or after PPR, or not even get it.
The only relief it brings when it comes before PPR, is the assurance that, your application has been approved, and you are at the finish line m
It is not compulsory, in my permanent residence application, I didn't get it, others' got it, even though I went for the training.
Next week, you would get the news you have been waiting for.
I sincerely hope so. Thanks for the reassurance. I needed it.