App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
They might as well just half the fee for AVO applicants at this rate or make it free for us so that then we’d know they’re doing us a favour because this is just unfair. It’s a huge ripoff. Imagine boldly sending someone a mail that their background check is yet to start... almost 11 months into the application! Isn’t there a way we can protest against this sort of treatment??? This can’t be right or acceptable! Someone from September 2017 in another country can’t be getting PPR and I from April will just be keeping quiet about it and chucking it up - when the website says 12 months for both countries. That’s shady on all levels. We pay the same fees, yes? Why then should applicants from other countries get preferential treatment? They have absolutely no excuse.

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
Does anyone know if applications that are filed by immigration lawyers or consultants are treated differently than when a person files on their own? Thank you.
They are treated same way

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
Can someone please explain the various abbreviations to us newbies? Like PUM or PPR etc. Thank you.
PPR: PASSPORT REQUEST

PUM: PICK UP MAIL

senaghana

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Can you imagine?

Even PUM, they can not send, I smh.
This shows how less important, we are.

Congrats, lucky enough, you are in Ghana where you can do DHL Return, it doesn't work for Nigerian applicants.
Thanks
All the DHL outlets or agencies don't do return except the head office.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
They might as well just half the fee for AVO applicants at this rate or make it free for us so that then we’d know they’re doing us a favour because this is just unfair. It’s a huge ripoff. Imagine boldly sending someone a mail that their background check is yet to start... almost 11 months into the application! Isn’t there a way we can protest against this sort of treatment??? This can’t be right or acceptable! Someone from September 2017 in another country can’t be getting PPR and I from April will just be keeping quiet about it and chucking it up - when the website says 12 months for both countries. That’s shady on all levels. We pay the same fees, yes? Why then should applicants from other countries get preferential treatment? They have absolutely no excuse.
Really the only thing after this is the media. Or a petition on change.org.

Gattu_Milan

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
App. Filed.......
28 April 2017
Doc's Request.
14 June 2017
AOR Received.
10 June 2017
File Transfer...
25 July 2017
Med's Request
26 September 2017
Med's Done....
2 October 2017
I think that this is totally unacceptable! And I was talking to a white Canadian earlier (also sponsoring someone) and she told me this "If u had a better understanding of the fraud that happens especially from West African countries, u would understand why it’s slower there. They must take extra precautions".
In as much as that is true, I still don't think it should take this long because there's an application already on their table and everything is clear for them to see and at the same time know what to do immediately (except for persons with some kinda criminal records) not a genuine application / persons that just wants to live with their spouse...

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
I think that this is totally unacceptable! And I was talking to a white Canadian earlier (also sponsoring someone) and she told me this "If u had a better understanding of the fraud that happens especially from West African countries, u would understand why it’s slower there. They must take extra precautions".
In as much as that is true, I still don't think it should take this long because there's an application already on their table and everything is clear for them to see and at the same time know what to do immediately (except for persons with some kinda criminal records) not a genuine application / persons that just wants to live with their spouse...
Do I blame them? No!

They keep screaming fraud, like it is peculiar to Africans.
The Fraud that goes on in different countries, ehn, West Africans are learners.
It's just pathetic that we are stigmatized for silly reasons.

Reactions: maki22

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
If there is anyone around still that received a decision from immigration last year, do this...

IRCC is currently conducting an online survey of clients who received a decision on their application in 2017. We have hired a research company, Advanis, to help us conduct this survey. If you are one of the randomly-selected people who receive an e-mail invitation to participate, we would appreciate your feedback!
If you don’t receive an invitation and would still like to provide your thoughts, we welcome your feedback at: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

jennyu

Jul 1, 2017
If there is anyone around still that received a decision from immigration last year, do this...

IRCC is currently conducting an online survey of clients who received a decision on their application in 2017. We have hired a research company, Advanis, to help us conduct this survey. If you are one of the randomly-selected people who receive an e-mail invitation to participate, we would appreciate your feedback!
If you don’t receive an invitation and would still like to provide your thoughts, we welcome your feedback at: https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx
I was just about to post this. I don’t know if folks in the house that received decision made in 2017 can help fill out this survey and highlight the slow processing time at AVO on our behalf.

Gattu_Milan

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
App. Filed.......
28 April 2017
Doc's Request.
14 June 2017
AOR Received.
10 June 2017
File Transfer...
25 July 2017
Med's Request
26 September 2017
Med's Done....
2 October 2017
Hi dear! Hope your well. Just a quick question concerning the GCMS notes you received.
Did you find a reasonable amount of detailed information in your notes at the time you requested?
Does it ever say on there if an interview is required?
I still haven't received my notes since I sent in the consent form. I'm just checking because I need to travel abroad for a job and don't want to miss out on anything with AVO.
Morning..
When you send the request for GCMS you are required to sign consent form. If you did not then unfortunately will not be able to proceed.
We hv similar timeline and i ordered it took about 6 -7weeks to recieve it.
If you need the notes please fill the form and sign your signature on the form.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hi dear! Hope your well. Just a quick question concerning the GCMS notes you received.
Did you find a reasonable amount of detailed information in your notes at the time you requested?
Does it ever say on there if an interview is required?
I still haven't received my notes since I sent in the consent form. I'm just checking because I need to travel abroad for a job and don't want to miss out on anything with AVO.
Hey

From April to May was the intial assessement from CIC missauga visa officer documenting docs they recieved and their opinions was all details about the app. Nothing major.

Then when they sent it to Ghana in June. From June - July the medicals status documented and nothing really again until Nov they documented that GCMS notes have been requested. Since then no other notes. So at this time I will not request again.

Last edited:

Gattu_Milan

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
App. Filed.......
28 April 2017
Doc's Request.
14 June 2017
AOR Received.
10 June 2017
File Transfer...
25 July 2017
Med's Request
26 September 2017
Med's Done....
2 October 2017
Hey

From April to May was the intial assessement from CIC missauga visa officer documenting docs they recieved and their opinions was all details about the app. Nothing major.

Then when they sent it to Ghana in June. From June - July the medicals status documented and nothing really again until Nov they documented that GCMS notes have been requested. Since then no other notes. So at this time I will not request again.
Okay. Thank you!