+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Does anyone know if applications that are filed by immigration lawyers or consultants are treated differently than when a person files on their own? Thank you.

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
minister@cic.gc.ca

Please remind Mr. Hussein of his promised processing turn around time far from being met with 2017 applicants. He goes to bed with his spouse each night while others wait in agony. We need ACCRA office to show some sort of compassion towards families and review applications in a timely manner and to at least RESPOND to emails to put applicants at ease.

Thanks kindly

I sure will :)

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I am yet to receive a PUM but DHL has already called me to ask for directions to where i want my passport delivered because the have picked it up.
At long last it has come to a great end.
I am still on the platform and will forever be here.
Pls whats your timeline

Righteous

Jun 2, 2015
Dear Office of the Honorable Minister Ahmed Hussein,

I hope this meets you well.

I am writing once again in regards to my Spousal Application. My last email was over 2 months ago, to which I never received a response. I have begged and pleaded, all to no avail. It’s a new year and still there’s been no word from the Accra Visa Office. Going by the forum where we (those of us waiting to be united with our spouses in Canada) communicate, the Accra Visa Office is yet to be done with February applications and there has been no single word from that office to anyone since the Christmas break. While other Visa Offices are working and applications from even June have been completed (in other Visa Offices), Accra is yet to start with March 2017 applications. All we get when we make inquiries are generic responses. Nothing is being done about it, no one cares.

I did not get to spend what was supposed to be our first Christmas/New Year together as a married couple with my husband, neither did we get to spend our first wedding anniversary together. I have had to deal with taking care of our unborn child alone without my husband by my side to support me physically. This has succeeded in making what I always imagined would be an exciting experience a nightmare for me.

It may please you to know that while you get to go home & sleep peacefully at night (probably next to your own spouse), some of us have to cry ourselves to sleep while we lay in bed all alone.
So thank you very much. Thank you for making this whole process the single most horrible and depressing experience I’ve ever had to go through in my life.

Sincerely,
XXXXX

Sent that to the minister last week Friday. Yeah, I know there are sarcastic undertones added to it but I just needed to vent. The thought that I may have to give birth to my child out of Canada - which is supposed to be home by now - (possibly without my husband by my side) and elongate this process with the addition of a baby is triggering enough. Maybe I shouldn’t have even bothered with the X-ray during their silly medicals and just postponed it altogether because what’s the use now?

I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that these people are treating us this way. It’s sad to have to pay the price for someone else’s laziness. Makes me question if I really want to move to a country that doesn’t even have my best interests in mind. Because if they really did, they’d find ways to curb this lackadaisical attitude of AVO. Either by employing competent people to start off with or just more staff. How is this different from Nigeria please?

I’m done ranting abeg.

hahaha, I hope you get a more tailored response. Usually they would respond with something generic.

Reactions: Stellalawrence

Stellalawrence

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Thank you for your correspondence of January 8, 2018, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship,concerning your application for permanent residence under the Family Class. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.
I understand your desire to have your application finalized as soon as possible.

Spousal sponsorship is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Departmental records confirm that your application, received in March 2017, is currently being processed at the Canadian visa office in Accra. Your medical assessment is passed, however, statutory background checks have not yet been initiated. Records further indicate that your file is currently in queue for further review by immigration officials. Once this review is complete, officers will continue processing your application without delay.

While I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted if additional information or documentation is needed or should an interview be required.
Should you feel that there are any issues that may affect the decision in your application, if there is a need to update your contact information, or if there are extraordinary circumstances that may require urgent processing of your application, you should share this information directly with the processing office. Contact information for IRCC visa offices can be found at:www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp.

I realize that this situation is distressing to you and I regret that my reply cannot be more encouraging.

Got this just now

Reactions: Cutie101

senaghana

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Pls whats your timeline
Application filed: 10th march
Started processing: 15th june
Medical request : 9th August
Passport request (PPR) and new police report: 21 December
Passport and police report sent: 29th December
NO pick up mail (PUM) yet but DHL has delivered the passport to me because i paid for return.

I would have still been waiting for PUM before getting my passport after a day or two if not for the return i paid for?

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
Thank you for your correspondence of January 8, 2018, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship,concerning your application for permanent residence under the Family Class. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.
I understand your desire to have your application finalized as soon as possible.

Spousal sponsorship is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada, and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Departmental records confirm that your application, received in March 2017, is currently being processed at the Canadian visa office in Accra. Your medical assessment is passed, however, statutory background checks have not yet been initiated. Records further indicate that your file is currently in queue for further review by immigration officials. Once this review is complete, officers will continue processing your application without delay.

While I cannot give you a timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you will be contacted if additional information or documentation is needed or should an interview be required.
Should you feel that there are any issues that may affect the decision in your application, if there is a need to update your contact information, or if there are extraordinary circumstances that may require urgent processing of your application, you should share this information directly with the processing office. Contact information for IRCC visa offices can be found at:www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp.

I realize that this situation is distressing to you and I regret that my reply cannot be more encouraging.

Got this just now
Oh wow!
This reply just reiterates the fact that CIC condones the lazy attitude of AVO.
Why not employ other officers? open up more offices? Decentralize the applications?
Every applicant pays the same fee, and AVO applicants get the unfair treatment.

So many questions, I see no specific response to your concerns, to me, it is still a generic response, no new information.

Waiting continues

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
Application filed: 10th march
Started processing: 15th june
Medical request : 9th August
Passport request (PPR) and new police report: 21 December
Passport and police report sent: 29th December
NO pick up mail (PUM) yet but DHL has delivered the passport to me because i paid for return.

I would have still been waiting for PUM before getting my passport after a day or two if not for the return i paid for?
Can you imagine?

Even PUM, they can not send, I smh.
This shows how less important, we are.

Congrats, lucky enough, you are in Ghana where you can do DHL Return, it doesn't work for Nigerian applicants.

Last edited:

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
Dear Office of the Honorable Minister Ahmed Hussein,

I hope this meets you well.

I am writing once again in regards to my Spousal Application. My last email was over 2 months ago, to which I never received a response. I have begged and pleaded, all to no avail. It’s a new year and still there’s been no word from the Accra Visa Office. Going by the forum where we (those of us waiting to be united with our spouses in Canada) communicate, the Accra Visa Office is yet to be done with February applications and there has been no single word from that office to anyone since the Christmas break. While other Visa Offices are working and applications from even June have been completed (in other Visa Offices), Accra is yet to start with March 2017 applications. All we get when we make inquiries are generic responses. Nothing is being done about it, no one cares.

I did not get to spend what was supposed to be our first Christmas/New Year together as a married couple with my husband, neither did we get to spend our first wedding anniversary together. I have had to deal with taking care of our unborn child alone without my husband by my side to support me physically. This has succeeded in making what I always imagined would be an exciting experience a nightmare for me.

It may please you to know that while you get to go home & sleep peacefully at night (probably next to your own spouse), some of us have to cry ourselves to sleep while we lay in bed all alone.
So thank you very much. Thank you for making this whole process the single most horrible and depressing experience I’ve ever had to go through in my life.

Sincerely,
XXXXX

Sent that to the minister last week Friday. Yeah, I know there are sarcastic undertones added to it but I just needed to vent. The thought that I may have to give birth to my child out of Canada - which is supposed to be home by now - (possibly without my husband by my side) and elongate this process with the addition of a baby is triggering enough. Maybe I shouldn’t have even bothered with the X-ray during their silly medicals and just postponed it altogether because what’s the use now?

I just can’t wrap my head around the fact that these people are treating us this way. It’s sad to have to pay the price for someone else’s laziness. Makes me question if I really want to move to a country that doesn’t even have my best interests in mind. Because if they really did, they’d find ways to curb this lackadaisical attitude of AVO. Either by employing competent people to start off with or just more staff. How is this different from Nigeria please?

I’m done ranting abeg.
My dear, I feel your rants, just concentrate on your self and baby. By their laziness, you would have to wait in adding baby, and paying extra fees.

Please Nigeria is better than AVO Staff jare, those ones don't have any feeling for human beings.

Reactions: iyawoSparks

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017

Got this just now
Generic. This is what was sent to me in November. Verbatim. It doesn’t address anything. Telling us what we already know. Kmt.

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Wow! So sorry sweetheart. I feel your pain. All will be well. Your mail was really emotional I hope this moves someone to do something about AVO
Thank you and Amen. @ hoping it moves someone, those heartless beings? I highly doubt it.