Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
I don’t think PPR is on a first come first serve basis tho. There are some months applicants who will get earlier than previous months. Let’s just pray we see God’s Favour and our applications are attended to SHARP SHARP.
I miss @Ugoswife guess she is trying to settle and adjust to new life.

Stellalawrence

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is still within standard processing times, we will not provide a response to your message.

Sent mail to Accra. Got this response.

Gattu_Milan

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
App. Filed.......
28 April 2017
Doc's Request.
14 June 2017
AOR Received.
10 June 2017
File Transfer...
25 July 2017
Med's Request
26 September 2017
Med's Done....
2 October 2017
Oh, you definitely should send AVO a mail!! But first you need to subtract the time it took you to send your passport till it was received at AVO. I mean from what we've seen in this house people got PUM within 2 - 3weeks. So I think if it's over 5weeks for you then it's a bit unusual.
Good morning house. Am a 2016 applicant got ppr but no word for the past 5 weeks. Should I send a mail to AVO. I can't sleep again Ooo.

Reactions: Akanni2017

slim747

Feb 22, 2017
Thanks for the suggestion. Please can anyone assist with the AVO email address can't seem to find it where I saved it.

slim747

Feb 22, 2017
We will review your message shortly. If the information requested is available on our websites or your application is still within standard processing times, we will not provide a response to your message.

Sent mail to Accra. Got this response.
It's an auto response. They would sure get back to you if the application is beyond processing time

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
HELLO @maki22,

Just to add a few more notes to the answers to your question below,

For question 2: Yes, your returning to Canada would impact the decision for your spouse's PR. Note that, it is expected that canadian citizens who sponsor their spouses for PR are expected to be living in Canada. If you are not living in Canada by the time of your sponsorship application, you are expected to prove your "Intent to return" to Canada if your spouse is granted the PR.

Hence, it will be in the favour of your application if you return to Canada with your child while the application is being processed. If you choose this route, I suggest you send an updated letter or documentation to the Accra office showing proof of your return to Canada. You can documents such as a recent tenancy/lease agreements in Canada, pay slips showing you are receiving pay in Canada, utility bills/contracts in your name, etc. It will be in your interest to do this as soon as you can after returning to Canada AND before a visa officer actually starts to review your file. This will save you lots of time.

If you are still resident in Accra (or elsewhere outside of Canada) when the visa officer starts to process your application, be sure to expect a letter from the office asking you to show proof of intent to return to Canada. In some cases, if a visa officer doesn't feel enought proof has been provided to show intent to return to Canada, such application will be denied.

Please take this advise from someone who learnt all this the hard way.
Thank you so much for the answer - the advice I received from our consultants in Canada is that the case is stronger if I as a canadian citizen moved to live with my husband in his country while awaiting the decision but I am planning on returning before the decision is made and that depends on when I get the citizenship card for our baby.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Thank you so much for the answer - the advice I received from our consultants in Canada is that the case is stronger if I as a canadian citizen moved to live with my husband in his country while awaiting the decision but I am planning on returning before the decision is made and that depends on when I get the citizenship card for our baby.
Although it looks strong to have lived with your spouse all you need is lease or rental agreemnt prepared however prior to decision made you need to show intent to live in canada before issuiance of visa. If ypur still living in ghana they will not issue the visa rather reject it just an fyi

maki22

Jan 6, 2018
Although it looks strong to have lived with your spouse all you need is lease or rental agreemnt prepared however prior to decision made you need to show intent to live in canada before issuiance of visa. If ypur still living in ghana they will not issue the visa rather reject it just an fyi
Thank you so much.

klemzo

Star Member
Oct 25, 2012
Dear Sir/Madam,

Please be advised that your application is still in queue for review. No further action is required by you at this moment. You will be contacted once a decision is made.

Regards,

Immigration Section

The reply I got from Accra immigration today. March 30th applicant here.