+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
You have a point, upon receiving this email I have not been able to concentrate as I don't even know where to start or how to write this explanatory letter.
They also said I have a message in my online account but I can't open it as I've been trying since morning. I have a pop up email alert so I tried opening it immediately I had the email. I don't even know what's in my online account inbox.
Your reason for changing your name sounds reasonable. Did you indicate your previous name as an alias on the application form?

Then you want to address why you ticked no instead of yes. How old were you when you were listed as a dependent? Did you sign any forms?

Last edited:

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Your reason for changing your name sounds reasonable. Did you indicate your previous name as an alias on the application form?

Then you want to address why you ticked no instead of yes. How old were you when you were listed as a dependent? Did you sign any forms?
Yeah my reason was reasonable. I don't remember my age at that time but I think I signed some of the forms. It's been over 15years or so but I'm gonna track down and see my age at that time.
And no I did the indicate my previous surname as an alias. My first name is the same, my birthdate is the same. The only thing changed was my surname because like I said DNA had proved that he was not my biological father so I removed his name.
I need guidance on how to address them on why I ticked NO on the form. Thanks

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
The surname was changed when I was entering junior high school because at that time the DNA had proved that the man was not my biological dad. And all my school transcripts from junior high through to secondary and tertiary are the sameness name in using now. And yes my wife is aware of this. She kept getting worried about this with the immigration but I didn't know it will lead to this.
You have a genuine reason then so you need to put all this in writing and explain to the visa officer. There should have been some change of name documents given for this reason so you should try to find them, if not your parents probably have to swear an affidavit about this name change or you can ask a good lawyer what other alternatives you have in that regard. You have to find a way to link your old name to your new name legally with the reasons for the name change. The second issue is telling them why you ticked no. If you say its because of the name change then that will sound like fraud because they will say you were trying to assume a totally new personality. Another thing that can help is if you filled your old name out in the forms where they ask you if you have any "alias" or if you have ever gone by another name in the past. You have to find a good reason to give for ticking no apart from the one you just shared with us.

Reactions: waitingInTO

Strenght 1

Jan 26, 2017
Goodmorning all.
I was asked to submit Original Police clearance from some states the U.S.A. Please how do i submit it ? should i upload them on mycic upload section in my application or should i send them with Fedex to Ghana ?
Thanks in advance.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Both ways.
Goodmorning all.
I was asked to submit Original Police clearance from some states the U.S.A. Please how do i submit it ? should i upload them on mycic upload section in my application or should i send them with Fedex to Ghana ?
Thanks in advance.

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Yeah my reason was reasonable. I don't remember my age at that time but I think I signed some of the forms. It's been over 15years or so but I'm gonna track down and see my age at that time.
And no I did the indicate my previous surname as an alias. My first name is the same, my birthdate is the same. The only thing changed was my surname because like I said DNA had proved that he was not my biological father so I removed his name.
I need guidance on how to address them on why I ticked NO on the form. Thanks
Yes that's the important question and i honestly don't know what to do about it. I don't know if you being a minor at that time will be enough defense. IRCC is taking a very tough stance on misrepresentation so you need to be very strategic. Do you have access to a competent lawyer?

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
You have a genuine reason then so you need to put all this in writing and explain to the visa officer. There should have been some change of name documents given for this reason so you should try to find them, if not your parents probably have to swear an affidavit about this name change or you can ask a good lawyer what other alternatives you have in that regard. You have to find a way to link your old name to your new name legally with the reasons for the name change. The second issue is telling them why you ticked no. If you say its because of the name change then that will sound like fraud because they will say you were trying to assume a totally new personality. Another thing that can help is if you filled your old name out in the forms where they ask you if you have any "alias" or if you have ever gone by another name in the past. You have to find a good reason to give for ticking no apart from the one you just shared with us.
Okay thanks for your advice, but on my form i gave an alias but thats a local name my family has been calling me with. It was not the old surname i was using before. I am going to call my step dad who sponsored at that time and see what he has to say or what he can do to help. i ended up finding my bilogical father after i grew up but he died in 2014. And i stated on the form that my dad is deceased.

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Yes that's the important question and i honestly don't know what to do about it. I don't know if you being a minor at that time will be enough defense. IRCC is taking a very tough stance on misrepresentation so you need to be very strategic. Do you have access to a competent lawyer?
No i dont know of anyone for now but i will call my wife in an hour time as shes sleeping right now and will be up in an hour time, i am sure she may have access to one.

Strenght 1

Jan 26, 2017
Both ways.
Thank you very much for your reply. Please what if i have recieved some of the police clearance and waiting for the rest, what should i do in this case ? should i upload the once i have recieved or wait for all to arrive before i submit?
Thanks again.

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Thank you very much for your reply. Please what if i have recieved some of the police clearance and waiting for the rest, what should i do in this case ? should i upload the once i have recieved or wait for all to arrive before i submit?
Thanks again.
can you please share your timeline with us. Thanks

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
You have a point, upon receiving this email I have not been able to concentrate as I don't even know where to start or how to write this explanatory letter.
They also said I have a message in my online account but I can't open it as I've been trying since morning. I have a pop up email alert so I tried opening it immediately I had the email. I don't even know what's in my online account inbox.
Hi hun.

I need to know the following?
When you applied for the spousal application did u by any chance provide the same father name that matches to the previous app on the dependent application? Or any name on such as a family member listed in spousal app that matched to dependent application?

Because if surname was changed they would not so much detect how they link family is our own fault section of relationship evaluation asks of other family member PA have in canada
Did you list ur sister or father thats how they found u linked to previous app?

Now.... you can get copy of the dna u did if possible explanation that due to the DNA coming back that that you waa not his child tore the family apart which caused your mother to change your last name in junior high school.
This error complete misfortune asking for forgiveness. Right bow credibility is at stake they are wondering did u hide this intentionally as it looks that way because you got denied before on dependent and ontop Dna issues. They think your trying to conceal information.

Question in regards to genuiness of relationship.
From since app waa submitted provide them ongoinf relationship report. Whatsapp full history. You can email to yourself and EDIT and print alot of content will help you especially ifs faily convo, screen shot of you and wife whatsapp video chat, screen shoot and print whatsapp call log history. If you have visited since you went back then provide visa stamps and itinerary.
Any document since marriage such as you beneficiary in life insurance. FOR NOW.. anything to show your marriage is real and not because you want to gain entry to canada through marriage. However draft a strong letter indicating your marriage is real and its not only to gain entry to canada as there are many other ways not not only spousal.
Get all the details everyone haa suggested and also try to focus on the 5669 u need strong explanation so maybe focusing on the dna and breakdown of your family can somewhat be deemed on compassionate grounds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kwamtin and Elohim

Kwamtin

Star Member
Aug 22, 2017
Hi hun.

I need to know the following?
When you applied for the spousal application did u by any chance provide the same father name that matches to the previous app on the dependent application? Or any name on such as a family member listed in spousal app that matched to dependent application?

Because if surname was changed they would not so much detect how they link family is our own fault section of relationship evaluation asks of other family member PA have in canada
Did you list ur sister or father thats how they found u linked to previous app?

Now.... you can get copy of the dna u did if possible explanation that due to the DNA coming back that that you waa not his child tore the family apart which caused your mother to change your last name in junior high school.
This error complete misfortune asking for forgiveness. Right bow credibility is at stake they are wondering did u hide this intentionally as it looks that way because you got denied before on dependent and ontop Dna issues. They think your trying to conceal information.

Question in regards to genuiness of relationship.
From since app waa submitted provide them ongoinf relationship report. Whatsapp full history. You can email to yourself and EDIT and print alot of content will help you especially ifs faily convo, screen shot of you and wife whatsapp video chat, screen shoot and print whatsapp call log history. If you have visited since you went back then provide visa stamps and itinerary.
Any document since marriage such as you beneficiary in life insurance. FOR NOW.. anything to show your marriage is real and not because you want to gain entry to canada through marriage. However draft a strong letter indicating your marriage is real and its not only to gain entry to canada as there are many other ways not not only spousal.
Get all the detaila everyone haa suggested and also try to focus on the 5669 u need strong elplanation so maybe focusing on the dna and breakdown of your family can somewhat be deemed on compassionate grounds.
Hello! Thanks so much for your advice. I did not use the same father name on my spousal application. i am single child of my mom and I found my biological dad after that but he died in 2014 and I indicated that he was deceased on the form. I was a minor below 18 at that time so I think that might be a good reason.
Also my wife and I have still our chats after applying up to date from WhatsApp, facebook and instagram. I will also have our parents and friends write letters and also the officiating minister who blessed our marriage. We've already sent them out civil marriage cirtificate, and after our traditional and white wedding ceremony, we updated the office with photo evidence.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello! Thanks so much for your advice. I did not use the same father name on my spousal application. i am single child of my mom and I found my biological dad after that but he died in 2014 and I indicated that he was deceased on the form. I was a minor below 18 at that time so I think that might be a good reason.
Also my wife and I have still our chats after applying up to date from WhatsApp, facebook and instagram. I will also have our parents and friends write letters and also the officiating minister who blessed our marriage. We've already sent them out civil marriage cirtificate, and after our traditional and white wedding ceremony, we updated the office with photo evidence.
Great. Print everything on the conversation history of whatsapp will show genuiness of everyday contact. Letters from the minister who officiated the wedding hand written letter will be a bonus.
5669 explanation make sure the letter has all what you just wrote to me you was a minor not sure there was an affair lol you can include that DNA coming back you are not the child torn the family apart to the point previous dad had asked you to change the last name as ypu started to build relationship with now your deceased father.
State it was an error and your thnkful to have the chance to explain human error on your part. As you are writing this letter to address this issue its bringing you back intime where you do not even wish to go back it was a very difficult situation your life was shattered. AND now you and your wife do not want to suffer anymore then you had when you was a minor. THIS is something that still haunts you. Make it sappy, real and raw so they can review on human and compassionate grounds.
Just be honest address to the visa officer although you may have questions i am being honest if you need more clarity please invite me for an interview. So atleast you go 50/50 shot.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Thanks again.
The states clearances usually don't take time to get ready so if you applied for them at about the same time, they will soon be ready right? You may have to wait for those because I don't think you can upload multiple times.

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
Good Day House,
I just got an email that I have a letter in my GCkey online and checking it its :
Invitation for Pre-arrival information mail.
I have not received MR . Has anyone got pre-arrival before MR? What do you guys think and what should I expect next please?

Thank you.

Last edited: