Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Has anyone ordered GCMS recently and recieved the notes? If yes please let me know how long it took?
I ordered early oct and got it early nov. think it took approximately 30 days. We have ordered another one late nov and hoping for a response around christmas.

olawunmif

Jul 22, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
03-01-2017
AOR Received.
13-01-2017
File Transfer...
27-01-17
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
None so far
Passport Req..
Expectant
VISA ISSUED...
Expectant
Hello house. So i sent a mail to the minister on 11th nov after my gcms note got back.i just got the response below:

Thank you for your correspondence of November 11, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for permanent residence under the Family Class. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. Officers assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

The Department understands that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

As family reunification is a priority for IRCC, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, spousal sponsorship is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship, and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of Canada’s immigration program is a departmental priority. As mentioned above, individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements, which include medical, criminality, and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that the Department’s partner agencies may need in providing input are something over which IRCC has no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, applicants are required to update their results.

Regarding the Department’s processing times, I would like to clarify that the times listed on IRCC’s Website indicate the average processing time for an application, meaning that officers are completing 80 percent of applications within the listed timeframe from the date of receipt of the completed application. These processing times are published to give applicants a general idea of how long a process takes. Please note, however, that this can vary depending on the number of applications the Department has received, as well as the circumstances and complexity of each individual case.

IRCC records indicate that your application is actively being processed at the visa office in Accra and is within the published processing times. Please be assured that you will be contacted should any additional information be required, or once a final decision has been reached.

Further information about Canada’s commitments to family reunification can be found online at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-12-15.asp; additional information about processing times, including how to check the status of an application, can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp.

Thank you for writing. I hope that you will find this information to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Ministerial Enquiries Division

At least they responded. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. I also filled another IM5669 form and send a letter explaining what happened and apologising for omitting the denied usa visa. God should just have mercy and end this waiting period for me and all those expectant

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hello house. So i sent a mail to the minister on 11th nov after my gcms note got back.i just got the response below:

Thank you for your correspondence of November 11, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for permanent residence under the Family Class. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) reviews all applications objectively and consistently to ensure fair and equitable treatment of all applicants. Officers assess each application on its own merit against the program requirements.

The Department understands that those who have submitted their application look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable time period after applying. IRCC makes every effort to manage the applications received in the most efficient and effective way. However, the many steps involved in processing an application, coupled with the volume of applications, sometimes make it difficult to conclude cases in as timely a manner as the Department or the client would like.

As family reunification is a priority for IRCC, every effort is made to complete the processing of partner and spousal applications as quickly as possible. However, spousal sponsorship is a two-step process. The sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship, and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of Canada’s immigration program is a departmental priority. As mentioned above, individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements, which include medical, criminality, and security clearances. These requirements exist to protect the interests and safety of Canadians. The onus rests on the applicant to prove that he or she has met the requirements for entry to Canada or that admission would not be contrary to legislative requirements.

IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments. Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that the Department’s partner agencies may need in providing input are something over which IRCC has no control. In addition, background and medical examination results are usually valid for a 12-month period. Should background or medical clearances expire during the application process, applicants are required to update their results.

Regarding the Department’s processing times, I would like to clarify that the times listed on IRCC’s Website indicate the average processing time for an application, meaning that officers are completing 80 percent of applications within the listed timeframe from the date of receipt of the completed application. These processing times are published to give applicants a general idea of how long a process takes. Please note, however, that this can vary depending on the number of applications the Department has received, as well as the circumstances and complexity of each individual case.

IRCC records indicate that your application is actively being processed at the visa office in Accra and is within the published processing times. Please be assured that you will be contacted should any additional information be required, or once a final decision has been reached.

Further information about Canada’s commitments to family reunification can be found online at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2016-12-15.asp; additional information about processing times, including how to check the status of an application, can be found at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/EnGLIsh/information/times/index.asp.

Thank you for writing. I hope that you will find this information to be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Ministerial Enquiries Division

At least they responded. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. I also filled another IM5669 form and send a letter explaining what happened and apologising for omitting the denied usa visa. God should just have mercy and end this waiting period for me and all those expectant
Excellent work. Lets hope and pray all works out for all of us and families.

Reactions: Akanni2017

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
I ordered early oct and got it early nov. think it took approximately 30 days. We have ordered another one late nov and hoping for a response around christmas.
I requested it Nov 2nd and til now nothing. I called the ATIP line l3ft msg to call me back still nothing..

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
So I finally got my GCMS notes came in a CD :rolleyes:
I placed the order Nov 2 and received it Dec 11 so total of 5 weeks ....

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
hello house, just popping in to say I'm still around - just some crunch time at work. congratulations on all the PUM and also great advise from @bbccanada and @Ugoswife . @nwaefulu_716 - truly sorry for what you are going through. I will keep you in my prayers and hope it gets sorted favourably.

update from me: the hubby submitted his passport to the VO in his country of residence last on the 1st and it is "being processed" as of the 5th.

Just a correction I saw in one of the comments earlier: Being denied admission to a country is different from being denied a visa. Being denied admission means you came to the country's border (by land, sea or air) and they sent you back. Not sure who was wondering. I hope it's not too late.

Reactions: me2605 and Cutie101

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
@waitingInTO
Hey...

I was wondering from when you ordered the GCMS notes until you recieved it hoe many days or months did it take....

Im still waiting...
hey sorry, since you got your notes, not sure if it's relevant anymore, but it took from September 18th to a couple of weeks ago for them to send it.

Reactions: Cutie101

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
They had no updated information and yet they held it hostage. So i guess i will get mine in January 2 months after requested date lol
yup! once he gets his passport back, I'm going to request notes again so I know exactly what his final file says and what their notes and thought processes were at each point.

Reactions: Cutie101

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
So I finally got my GCMS notes came in a CD :rolleyes:
I placed the order Nov 2 and received it Dec 11 so total of 5 weeks ....
Pls I dont even know what GCMS notes means, pls whats that? Also should I request mine. Lol just curious since I was called for medicals on 27th nov and I did it on 30th nov, and ecas said medicals received after 3 days. ?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Pls I dont even know what GCMS notes means, pls whats that? Also should I request mine. Lol just curious since I was called for medicals on 27th nov and I did it on 30th nov, and ecas said medicals received after 3 days. ?
GCMS is short for 'Global Case Management System', which is the computer system that IRCC officers use to process all immigration and visa applications.
This gives you detailed report and statuses of your application.
From everything you have submitted and all visa officers communication regarding yout file. If you are doing the medical now the you mind as well request for it once its passed.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
If you want to know you passed medicals you can check Gkey online application it will show pass and or alternative call CIC line call center and check status of your application the automated system will read to you the status of your application

Reactions: Cei325

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
GCMS is short for 'Global Case Management System', which is the computer system that IRCC officers use to process all immigration and visa applications.
This gives you detailed report and statuses of your application.
From everything you have submitted and all visa officers communication regarding yout file. If you are doing the medical now the you mind as well request for it once its passed.
Pls can i see how your ecas shows medicals passed or how it shows b4 ppr honestly I am very curious about all this things.

Cei325

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
If you want to know you passed medicals you can check Gkey online application it will show pass and or alternative call CIC line call center and check status of your application the automated system will read to you the status of your application
I dont have access to my CIC can i have the number I could call ?

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
I dont have access to my CIC can i have the number I could call ?
Also go on to page 900 Ugoswife posted Ecas /online app when its finalized you may go back few pages and review.

Cic 18882422100 option 1 for status.option 2 for Permanent resident then option 3 for F then punch in your application # then dob of PA then after it will read your details. Follow the prompts