Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
for the notes
Should additional information or documents be required, you will be notified by the Access to Information and Privacy Division of IRCC. If you have any questions or concerns, please send an email to ATIP-AIPRP@cic.gc.ca
yes, that's the email I sent to . Mind you I didn't put my reference number in the subject line as it was in the body of their confirmation email. I will try again with it in the subject line and see. Thanks

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Hi everyone. Just a quick update. My husband finally got here on saturday. It was a year jerking moment at the airport as he got to hold his 16month old baby for the first time( they are attached to each other, as if They've known each other all along). He says the whole process with the immigration officers went very smooth. In fact he was through with the whole thing in less than 10mins. I am very thankful to God and each and everyone who made this journey less stressful. I can't mention names because I don't want to leave anyone out. You guys rock. You are all amazing. I will be a frequent participant on this thread should anyone have questions. Thank you all so much. Hang in if you are still waiting. There is sunshine after the rain...

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Hello house, I found another email for Atip. This is the email that a human being contacted me from after I mentioned my notes in my email to the minister's office. I'm going to try that one too and see: IRCC.ATIP-AIPRP.IRCC@cic.gc.ca.

Reactions: treasure t

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hi everyone. Just a quick update. My husband finally got here on saturday. It was a year jerking moment at the airport as he got to hold his 16month old baby for the first time( they are attached to each other, as if They've known each other all along). He says the whole process with the immigration officers went very smooth. In fact he was through with the whole thing in less than 10mins. I am very thankful to God and each and everyone who made this journey less stressful. I can't mention names because I don't want to leave anyone out. You guys rock. You are all amazing. I will be a frequent participant on this thread should anyone have questions. Thank you all so much. Hang in if you are still waiting. There is sunshine after the rain...
I was thinking of all of you yesterday!!!!:D glad things went smoothly!!! Now is the time to just relax and enjoy every split second! :D

Reactions: colmiz

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
congratulations @colmiz! Very happy for you!

treasure t

Oct 18, 2017
Congrats dear. I can't begin to imagine the joy in your home right now. God that did it for your family will bring us good news this week IJN amen

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Congrats dear. I can't begin to imagine the joy in your home right now. God that did it for your family will bring us good news this week IJN amen
Amen oo. I hope and pray for more and more good news this week and month. I pray they complete 2016 applications by beginning Dec so we all get to spend the holidays with our families

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
Been a long time I came on here but it doesn't seem like much has changed.

I sent an email to the Immigration Minister on the 21st of September and a follow-up email on the 22nd of October. I finally got a response on the 31st of October basically letting me know that my background checks have not started (already knew that from my GCMS notes which I received a couple of days before) and a whole lot of other gibberish.

I just sent another email letting the office know that I am not satisfied with their response as there's clearly an issue with Accra VO and it seems they don't care enough to do anything about it.

Dear Office of the Honourable Minister Ahmed Hussein,
Thank you for your response to my previous emails sent to your office (with regards to Family Class Sponsorship Application with Application Number xxxxxx).
I, however, am not satisfied with your response as it neither addresses the issue at hand nor states your intentions of solving it.
There is a STARK DIFFERENCE between the actual processing times for Accra Visa Office (VO) and those of other countries. To the best of my knowledge, all other VOs have since moved to processing 2017 applications while Accra VO is even yet to start processing OCTOBER 2016 applications and we are in NOVEMBER 2017 (13 months later). You would agree with me that this can be a cause for agitation for those of us who applied in 2017.
How does IRCC intend to meet up with the 12 months processing time as stated for applications received after Dec. 2016 when January 2018 is almost here and 2016 applications (those being processed in Accra VO) are still on the queue? Why is this only peculiar to the Accra VO? What is being done about this? Does no one care?
My application was received April 2017. 7 months later and my background checks have not even started. Yet, I am aware of May 2017 and even June 2017 applicants from other countries who have landed and have been reunited with their spouses. This does not seem fair to me.
This is tearing families apart (specifically West African families) NOT reuniting them.
Sincerely,
xxxxx
UCI: xxxxx

Yeah, I clearly went into a rant. The whole thing is just really annoying to me. Seems to me like there is some sort of segregation going on. Anyway, here's to PRAYING that all this ends soon. E go better.

Pete2020

Star Member
Apr 4, 2016
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova Scotia

I sent an email to the Immigration Minister on the 21st of September and a follow-up email on the 22nd of October. I finally got a response on the 31st of October basically letting me know that my background checks have not started (already knew that from my GCMS notes which I received a couple of days before) and a whole lot of other gibberish.

I just sent another email letting the office know that I am not satisfied with their response as there's clearly an issue with Accra VO and it seems they don't care enough to do anything about it.

Thank you for your response to my previous emails sent to your office (with regards to Family Class Sponsorship Application with Application Number xxxxxx).
I, however, am not satisfied with your response as it neither addresses the issue at hand nor states your intentions of solving it.
There is a STARK DIFFERENCE between the actual processing times for Accra Visa Office (VO) and those of other countries. To the best of my knowledge, all other VOs have since moved to processing 2017 applications while Accra VO is even yet to start processing OCTOBER 2016 applications and we are in NOVEMBER 2017 (13 months later). You would agree with me that this can be a cause for agitation for those of us who applied in 2017.
How does IRCC intend to meet up with the 12 months processing time as stated for applications received after Dec. 2016 when January 2018 is almost here and 2016 applications (those being processed in Accra VO) are still on the queue? Why is this only peculiar to the Accra VO? What is being done about this? Does no one care?
My application was received April 2017. 7 months later and my background checks have not even started. Yet, I am aware of May 2017 and even June 2017 applicants from other countries who have landed and have been reunited with their spouses. This does not seem fair to me.
This is tearing families apart (specifically West African families) NOT reuniting them.
Sincerely,
xxxxx

Yeah, I clearly went into a rant. The whole thing is just really annoying to me. Seems to me like there is some sort of segregation going on. Anyway, here's to PRAYING that all this ends soon. E go better.
This is lovely. Good job!!

Jayotuks

Star Member
Jul 30, 2017

Sincerely,
xxxxx

Please let us start another episode of 'operation flood the minister's office' It happened here some years ago, and they saw some significant changes. We can't just fold our hands and say "Let us hope". I am on a whatsapp page for May Applicants, and i see others from other VO getting PPR every other day. You can imagine how painful that is. Like every other person here, i want to be with my husband. I want to start my life. It's just not fair.

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17

Sincerely,
xxxxx

yeah... i noticed you have not been here in a long while. Very nice detailed mail. Let us hope there is a response.

Reactions: iyawoSparks

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
Please let us start another episode of 'operation flood the minister's office' It happened here some years ago, and they saw some significant changes. We can't just fold our hands and say "Let us hope". I am on a whatsapp page for May Applicants, and i see others from other VO getting PPR every other day. You can imagine how painful that is. Like every other person here, i want to be with my husband. I want to start my life. It's just not fair.
i am in for "operation flood the minister's office"

Reactions: iyawoSparks

Gattu_Milan

Star Member
Oct 14, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra visa office
App. Filed.......
28 April 2017
Doc's Request.
14 June 2017
AOR Received.
10 June 2017
File Transfer...
25 July 2017
Med's Request
26 September 2017
Med's Done....
2 October 2017

Sincerely,
xxxxx

Sincerely,
xxxxx

You couldn't have said it any better! Haha. Nice one.

SYOM

Nov 5, 2017

Sincerely,
xxxxx

Oh good, I thought I was being excessive when I sent a similar email to the AVO, Minister Hussen and Prime Minister Trudeau this morning. Something has to be done. Hearing about the Express Applicant whose document was processed in 3 months and is expecting the visa from AVO despite the story that processing for Nigerian applicants are done in Lagos, tipped me over the edge to rantville.