+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

treasure t

Oct 18, 2017
Been a long time I came on here but it doesn't seem like much has changed.

I sent an email to the Immigration Minister on the 21st of September and a follow-up email on the 22nd of October. I finally got a response on the 31st of October basically letting me know that my background checks have not started (already knew that from my GCMS notes which I received a couple of days before) and a whole lot of other gibberish.

I just sent another email letting the office know that I am not satisfied with their response as there's clearly an issue with Accra VO and it seems they don't care enough to do anything about it.

Dear Office of the Honourable Minister Ahmed Hussein,
Thank you for your response to my previous emails sent to your office (with regards to Family Class Sponsorship Application with Application Number xxxxxx).
I, however, am not satisfied with your response as it neither addresses the issue at hand nor states your intentions of solving it.
There is a STARK DIFFERENCE between the actual processing times for Accra Visa Office (VO) and those of other countries. To the best of my knowledge, all other VOs have since moved to processing 2017 applications while Accra VO is even yet to start processing OCTOBER 2016 applications and we are in NOVEMBER 2017 (13 months later). You would agree with me that this can be a cause for agitation for those of us who applied in 2017.
How does IRCC intend to meet up with the 12 months processing time as stated for applications received after Dec. 2016 when January 2018 is almost here and 2016 applications (those being processed in Accra VO) are still on the queue? Why is this only peculiar to the Accra VO? What is being done about this? Does no one care?
My application was received April 2017. 7 months later and my background checks have not even started. Yet, I am aware of May 2017 and even June 2017 applicants from other countries who have landed and have been reunited with their spouses. This does not seem fair to me.
This is tearing families apart (specifically West African families) NOT reuniting them.
Sincerely,
xxxxx
UCI: xxxxx

Yeah, I clearly went into a rant. The whole thing is just really annoying to me. Seems to me like there is some sort of segregation going on. Anyway, here's to PRAYING that all this ends soon. E go better.
You nailed it. Love this

Reactions: iyawoSparks

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
I’m guessing my husband and I have to wait for his FBI certificate comes in before Accra will do anything again ..

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Been a long time I came on here but it doesn't seem like much has changed.

I sent an email to the Immigration Minister on the 21st of September and a follow-up email on the 22nd of October. I finally got a response on the 31st of October basically letting me know that my background checks have not started (already knew that from my GCMS notes which I received a couple of days before) and a whole lot of other gibberish.

I just sent another email letting the office know that I am not satisfied with their response as there's clearly an issue with Accra VO and it seems they don't care enough to do anything about it.

Dear Office of the Honourable Minister Ahmed Hussein,
Thank you for your response to my previous emails sent to your office (with regards to Family Class Sponsorship Application with Application Number xxxxxx).
I, however, am not satisfied with your response as it neither addresses the issue at hand nor states your intentions of solving it.
There is a STARK DIFFERENCE between the actual processing times for Accra Visa Office (VO) and those of other countries. To the best of my knowledge, all other VOs have since moved to processing 2017 applications while Accra VO is even yet to start processing OCTOBER 2016 applications and we are in NOVEMBER 2017 (13 months later). You would agree with me that this can be a cause for agitation for those of us who applied in 2017.
How does IRCC intend to meet up with the 12 months processing time as stated for applications received after Dec. 2016 when January 2018 is almost here and 2016 applications (those being processed in Accra VO) are still on the queue? Why is this only peculiar to the Accra VO? What is being done about this? Does no one care?
My application was received April 2017. 7 months later and my background checks have not even started. Yet, I am aware of May 2017 and even June 2017 applicants from other countries who have landed and have been reunited with their spouses. This does not seem fair to me.
This is tearing families apart (specifically West African families) NOT reuniting them.
Sincerely,
xxxxx
UCI: xxxxx

Yeah, I clearly went into a rant. The whole thing is just really annoying to me. Seems to me like there is some sort of segregation going on. Anyway, here's to PRAYING that all this ends soon. E go better.

ABSOLUTE awesomeness..... I love everything about this letter..... can you copy the Prime Minister lololololol you did a fantastic job

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
I followed same guidelines of one of our members I can' remember so thank you for your structure provided which I used some in my email.. I have excluded personal details but it had app details of sponsor and applicant and timeline.

Attn Minister of Immigration:

My husband and I submitted application for spousal sponsorship which was received by CIC on April 27, 2017.

At this current moment, we are at 7 months into the process, and we wanted to make inquiry as we were advised the processing time is 12 months when we applied. We have recently been corresponding with other applicants in similar positions with us through online forums and have noted the following:

1. Accra visa office is only currently finalizing applications submitted in October of 2016.

2. Many applicants from other visa offices who applied at same time as us have already landed in Canada. Applicants under express entry skilled workers applied less then 6 months obtaining PR same visa office processing the file in accra

Based on the first point named above, we have concern that our application, as well as others at our visa office, is not on track to be finished within the timeline provided, which makes it very difficult for us to make plans and is adding undue stress in our marriage and family.

This journey has not been easy at all and not able to speak to a person in Accra Visa office with correspondence to emails has been frustrating.

WE are human, newly married and under the circumstances I would hope that my very own Canadian embassy would have some compassion towards our family.

At the moment, we are at 7 months into the process, passed our medical 5 months ago, yet have not seen any further progress on the file. Could you look into when our background review will start please? At the rate the Accra Visa Office is moving, I find it hard that you can keep your promise of spousal unification in 12 months.

I am aware Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments.

Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that the Department’s partner agencies may need in providing input are something over which IRCC has no control. with that said EXPRESS ENTRY PR applications is less then 6 months do those applicants not follow the same guidelines?

I understand you have a busy schedule and working towards improvement but I am feeling helpless. There has not been much improvement since your last trip to Ghana in the summer in regards to the slow process.

I am only asking for a CHANGE with Accra office. Llimited staff to mitigate the work load is also causing backlogs.

We need your help and support during this difficult time. I look forward to hearing from your office and I hope the response will be from a person not an automated system.

Thank you,

Skod

Jul 23, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
I followed same guidelines of one of our members I can' remember so thank you for your structure provided which I used some in my email.. I have excluded personal details but it had app details of sponsor and applicant and timeline.

My husband and I submitted application for spousal sponsorship which was received by CIC on April 27, 2017.

At this current moment, we are at 7 months into the process, and we wanted to make inquiry as we were advised the processing time is 12 months when we applied. We have recently been corresponding with other applicants in similar positions with us through online forums and have noted the following:

1. Accra visa office is only currently finalizing applications submitted in October of 2016.

2. Many applicants from other visa offices who applied at same time as us have already landed in Canada. Applicants under express entry skilled workers applied less then 6 months obtaining PR same visa office processing the file in accra

Based on the first point named above, we have concern that our application, as well as others at our visa office, is not on track to be finished within the timeline provided, which makes it very difficult for us to make plans and is adding undue stress in our marriage and family.

This journey has not been easy at all and not able to speak to a person in Accra Visa office with correspondence to emails has been frustrating.

WE are human, newly married and under the circumstances I would hope that my very own Canadian embassy would have some compassion towards our family.

At the moment, we are at 7 months into the process, passed our medical 5 months ago, yet have not seen any further progress on the file. Could you look into when our background review will start please? At the rate the Accra Visa Office is moving, I find it hard that you can keep your promise of spousal unification in 12 months.

I am aware Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies, such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service, the Canada Border Services Agency, medical authorities, and agencies of foreign governments.

Background screening processes are non-discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays or requirements that the Department’s partner agencies may need in providing input are something over which IRCC has no control. with that said EXPRESS ENTRY PR applications is less then 6 months do those applicants not follow the same guidelines?

I understand you have a busy schedule and working towards improvement but I am feeling helpless. There has not been much improvement since your last trip to Ghana in the summer in regards to the slow process.

I am only asking for a CHANGE with Accra office. Llimited staff to mitigate the work load is also causing backlogs.

We need your help and support during this difficult time. I look forward to hearing from your office and I hope the response will be from a person not an automated system.

Thank you,
Awesome!

Reactions: iyawoSparks

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017
ABSOLUTE awesomeness..... I love everything about this letter..... can you copy the Prime Minister lololololol you did a fantastic job
Lol! Gracie. What's PM Trudeau's email address please?

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
AVO is just a big problem to be honest. I feel like there is no justification whatsoever for the treatment we are receiving. They just don't care about the family class applicants because more and more express entry applicants are being issued PPR everyday. Last Monday as I wrote, my background check changed to not applicable which seems to be the trend with people whose applications have been dealt with and have heard something from AVO but we didn't get to hear anything. On Tuesday, I think, I got a message on my gc account for invitation to pre-arrival services which is usually supposed to be sent after PPR and since then it has been radio silence. It is just unfair to emotionally torture us in addition to this long suffering. It almost seems like they have gone on that stupid break they take once in a while on these applications. We have written letters upon letters upon letters to everyone and its just being met with resounding silence. I hope 2017 applicants continue to bombard anyone and everyone with emails until someone listens.I can't imagine submitting my application now and meeting a 13 month wait list.

Reactions: queenanetor

iyawoSparks

Star Member
Jun 14, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
27-04-2017
Doc's Request.
25-05-2017
AOR Received.
25-05-2017
File Transfer...
26-07-2017

Thank you,
Seems we are application twinnies (April 27, 2017). Lol. The email I sent in September with the follow-up in October is similar to what you just sent and this is the response I got on the 31st of Oct.

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for your correspondence of September 20 and October 22, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for permanent residence under the Family Class program. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) realizes that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. The Department makes every effort to deal with the applications it receives in the most efficient and effective way.

Family reunification is a key priority for the Government of Canada. To complete the processing of partner and spousal applications, the sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship, and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service and the Canada Border Services Agency and other agencies. Background screening processes are non‑discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that our partner agencies may incur in providing input are something over which we have no control.

Departmental records indicate that your application was received on April 27, 2017, and is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. Your medicals have been received but the mandatory background checks have not yet commenced. Typically, processing times for this type of application take approximately 12 months. While I am unable to provide a precise timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you or your client will be contacted should any additional information or documentation be required, or once a decision has been made.

I would like to also point out that processing times listed on IRCC’s Website indicate the average processing time for an application, meaning that officers are completing 80 percent of applications within the listed timeframe from the date of receipt of the completed application. These processing times are published to give applicants a general idea of how long a process takes. Please note, however, that this can vary depending on the number of applications the Department has received, as well as the circumstances and complexity of each individual case.

Information about processing times are published and regularly updated on the IRCC Website at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

While requests for expedited processing are understandable, applications may, in general, only be expedited in extraordinary cases with compelling circumstances. Applicants should direct any information or documentation in support of such a request to the processing office. Contact information for IRCC offices can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp.

With regard to your comments about not being able to receive clear answers to your questions in a timely manner, IRCC’s client feedback service allows clients to submit comments, compliments, and complaints about departmental services. If you wish to leave feedback, please visit IRCC’s Website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp.

While I understand that this is not the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.

Sincerely,

XXXXX
Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Seems we are application twinnies (April 27, 2017). Lol. The email I sent in September with the follow-up in October is similar to what you just sent and this is the response I got on the 31st of Oct.

Dear XXXX:

Thank you for your correspondence of September 20 and October 22, 2017, addressed to the Honourable Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, concerning your application for permanent residence under the Family Class program. I have been asked to respond to your concerns.

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) realizes that those who have submitted their applications look forward to a decision being rendered within a reasonable waiting period after applying. The Department makes every effort to deal with the applications it receives in the most efficient and effective way.

Family reunification is a key priority for the Government of Canada. To complete the processing of partner and spousal applications, the sponsor must be assessed against the requirements of sponsorship, and the foreign national being sponsored must be assessed against the statutory requirements of being in good health and of good character. In addition, the assessing officer must be satisfied that the applicant is admissible to Canada and, in the case of spouses and partners, that the relationship is genuine and not entered into for immigration purposes only.

Maintaining the integrity of our immigration program is a priority of the Government of Canada. Individuals who want to live permanently in Canada must meet certain requirements which include medical, criminality and security clearances. IRCC conducts background checks by working together with partner agencies such as the Royal Canadian Mounted Police, the Canadian Security Intelligence Service and the Canada Border Services Agency and other agencies. Background screening processes are non‑discriminatory and universal in their application. Any delays that our partner agencies may incur in providing input are something over which we have no control.

Departmental records indicate that your application was received on April 27, 2017, and is being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga. Your medicals have been received but the mandatory background checks have not yet commenced. Typically, processing times for this type of application take approximately 12 months. While I am unable to provide a precise timeframe for the completion of this application, please be assured that you or your client will be contacted should any additional information or documentation be required, or once a decision has been made.

I would like to also point out that processing times listed on IRCC’s Website indicate the average processing time for an application, meaning that officers are completing 80 percent of applications within the listed timeframe from the date of receipt of the completed application. These processing times are published to give applicants a general idea of how long a process takes. Please note, however, that this can vary depending on the number of applications the Department has received, as well as the circumstances and complexity of each individual case.

Information about processing times are published and regularly updated on the IRCC Website at:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp.

While requests for expedited processing are understandable, applications may, in general, only be expedited in extraordinary cases with compelling circumstances. Applicants should direct any information or documentation in support of such a request to the processing office. Contact information for IRCC offices can be found at: www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/index.asp.

With regard to your comments about not being able to receive clear answers to your questions in a timely manner, IRCC’s client feedback service allows clients to submit comments, compliments, and complaints about departmental services. If you wish to leave feedback, please visit IRCC’s Website at: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp.

While I understand that this is not the response you had anticipated, I hope that you will find this information to be helpful.

Sincerely,

XXXXX
Ministerial Enquiries Division

This electronic address is not available for reply.
copy their email response (automated) and your original email to the PM as well.they all need to have this noted because Accra behavior has always been like this and we need a change NOW

Milaby

Star Member
Apr 29, 2017
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
28-04-2017

Thank you,
Nice one:)

Reactions: Cutie101