App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
@tisrod Sorry about your situation. You have already done the needful and you will get a positive response by God's grace. I see AVO giving people multiple chances to prove their marriage these days like additional documents and then interview if they are still unsatisfied. Sometimes, it's something flimsy that the applicant is over looking while submitting these documents and they know but I think they have some sort of guides or checklists to work with so they have to fulfill all righteousness. I remember a lot of cases last year that were request for additional documents and then refusal, no third chance. Just remain positive. If you could back up your letter with a note from the doctor, it would be helpful I think.

Reactions: tisrod

tisrod

Nov 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-2016
File Transfer...
10-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Thanks dear
@tisrod Sorry about your situation. You have already done the needful and you will get a positive response by God's grace. I see AVO giving people multiple chances to prove their marriage these days like additional documents and then interview if they are still unsatisfied. Sometimes, it's something flimsy that the applicant is over looking while submitting these documents and they know but I think they have some sort of guides or checklists to work with so they have to fulfill all righteousness. I remember a lot of cases last year that were request for additional documents and then refusal, no third chance. Just remain positive. If you could back up your letter with a note from the doctor, it would be helpful I think.[/QUOTE
Thanks dear
thanks dear.
@tisrod Sorry about your situation. You have already done the needful and you will get a positive response by God's grace. I see AVO giving people multiple chances to prove their marriage these days like additional documents and then interview if they are still unsatisfied. Sometimes, it's something flimsy that the applicant is over looking while submitting these documents and they know but I think they have some sort of guides or checklists to work with so they have to fulfill all righteousness. I remember a lot of cases last year that were request for additional documents and then refusal, no third chance. Just remain positive. If you could back up your letter with a note from the doctor, it would be helpful I think.
I'm sure God will touch their hearts

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
i think you should contact them, other previous months applicants have gotten medical request and they are on May now
I have already contact them. All they said is my file is on queue. My MP tried to get more information and they just say the same thing to her. "the file is in attend to be revised". They didn't even start to check the admissibility. I don't really know what to do.

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
I have already contacted them and they say my file is on queue. My MP got the same answer. Based on her information they didn't even start to o check the admissibility. I don't really know what to do.

debbiejosh

Star Member
Jun 9, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20/05/2014
Nomination.....
09/09/2014
Med's Request
02/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/03/2015
Passport Req..
25/03/2015
I have already contacted them and they say my file is on queue. My MP got the same answer. Based on her information they didn't even start to o check the admissibility. I don't really know what to do.
Hi!

From your previous posts, I presume you applied in January.

Did you use the old application package?
If yes, your medical request might come with your PPR, as seen with 2016 applicants.
If no, that you used the new application package, I can understand your fears, but the hope is, it's almost twelve months. You are almost there.

I am happy for 2016 applicants, the journey is almost ending, it was a long test of patience and faith.
To those who still have pending issues, keep the faith alive, I pray that everything comes out positive.

To other 2017 applicants, let's keep the hope alive, it's hard, but we are almost there. I am excited that something is moving in AVO, I can't wait to hear news from December applicants, let's keep drawing hope from this forum, we are not alone.

Reactions: Ugoswife and becos

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Update Day 3:

We asked AVO two questions on day 1: 1. do we need to submit PPR to Accra even though my hubby lives in another country. 2. does the non-accompanying dependent really need to redo medical.

The responded today that no need for the non-accompanying to redo medical and also we can submit to his country of residence. we just need to scan info to them then they will tell us to send to the country of residence. I checked mycic and this is what we have today:

Overall Status: Request for Passport, medical and police clearance (pending)
PPR Submission Day: t-13

This is what our cic account says:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam. (this used to say passed, hubby hasn't redone it so not sure why it says reviewing)
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. (yesterday it said: We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.)
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Other: Also got an invitation on mycic for pre-arrival services

This is what our ECAS says:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 11, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on November 15, 2016.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 24, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. - (THIS IS NEW)

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:

AtGod

Star Member
Sep 30, 2017
Canada
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
24-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
AOR Received.
11-02-2017
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
not yet
Thank you very much fr your answer. Yes I applied in January. They received our file 24th January. But we applied with new package. It is why I am so scared. But anyway as you said I is almost 1year. Soon or later I will figure out what is happening.
Thanks. Congrats for those whoare done and good luch for the rest.

tender

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/08/2016
Doc's Request.
My God will defend me
AOR Received.
28/08/2016
File Transfer...
01/09/2016
Med's Done....
14/06/2016
Interview........
Never by the precious blood of God
Passport Req..
This month of may will not pass me
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Update Day 3:

We asked AVO two questions on day 1: 1. do we need to submit PPR to Accra even though my hubby lives in another country. 2. does the non-accompanying dependent really need to redo medical.

The responded today that no need for the non-accompanying to redo medical and also we can submit to his country of residence. we just need to scan info to them then they will tell us to send to the country of residence. I checked mycic and this is what we have today:

Overall Status: Request for Passport, medical and police clearance (pending)
PPR Submission Day: t-13

This is what our cic account says:

Application status We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results We are reviewing the results of your medical exam. (this used to say passed, hubby hasn't redone it so not sure why it says reviewing)
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents. (yesterday it said: We need more documents to continue processing your application. We will send you a message with more details.)
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check Not applicable.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

Other: Also got an invitation on mycic for pre-arrival services

This is what our ECAS says:

1. We received your application for permanent residence on October 11, 2016.
  2. We started processing your application on November 15, 2016.
  3. Medical results have been received.
  4. We sent you correspondence on October 24, 2017. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required. - (THIS IS NEW)

Hope this helps someone.

Please which email address did you use to contact them and got response? I'm yet to receive pum. Mycic shows that I got approved on the 17th of October with the counterfoil number. I sent a mail on Tuesday no response. Today Is the 9th day of approval and 26th day avo received my passport.

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Please which email address did you use to contact them and got response? I'm yet to receive pum. Mycic shows that I got approved on the 17th of October with the counterfoil number. I sent a mail on Tuesday no response. Today Is the 9th day of approval and 26th day avo received my passport.
@tender, I always email both emails below, but they responded from this one: accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

accra.immigration@international.gc.ca
accraimmigration@international.gc.ca

I think they have responded from the other before. I'll have to check later.

Reactions: tender

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
Thank you very much fr your answer. Yes I applied in January. They received our file 24th January. But we applied with new package. It is why I am so scared. But anyway as you said I is almost 1year. Soon or later I will figure out what is happening.
Thanks. Congrats for those whoare done and good luch for the rest.
I wouldn't worry. They did tell us we were in queue a few months back. You can have your MP call them and ask why your medical request is so delayed. It doesn't hurt.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Are there any other October 2016 applicants that have been contacted apart from @waitingInTO ? It seems like there aren't a lot of us on the forum because it seems to be going really slow compared to September.

me2605

Jun 3, 2017
Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
04-07-17
AOR Received.
14-08-17
File Transfer...
29-08-17; AOR 2 16-10-17
The forum seems dry these days... I check every morning hoping to see good news when i open

Reactions: Skod

BaJay

Star Member
Jan 4, 2014
Visa Office......
Accra
I'm also October 2016 applicant and we're yet to hear from them. Just hang in there, we'll surely be contacted sooner than later.

Are there any other October 2016 applicants that have been contacted apart from @waitingInTO ? It seems like there aren't a lot of us on the forum because it seems to be going really slow compared to September.

Reactions: Pake