+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
@tisrod Saw something like this a few months ago. I think it was an Indian applicant that was living in the US (i think student or H1B or something...not PR). NDVO scheduled him for an interview in India but he sharply replied that he stays in the US. The interview was cancelled / waived and PPR was issued.

Reactions: tisrod

becos

Aug 25, 2016
@tisrod , my question to the forum is that you applied for Outland sponsorship but you (the PA) is living in Canada on a work permit. Is that allowed? Or are you supposed to have applied inland? Does the forum know anything about this issue, how inland versus Outland works when the PA lives in Canada?

waitingInTO

Nov 14, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
AVO
App. Filed.......
11-10-2016
AOR Received.
02-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Request
24-10-2017
Med's Done....
Upfront - passed
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
24-10-2017 Submitted 01-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
23-12-2017
LANDED..........
before end of the year
@tisrod , my question to the forum is that you applied for Outland sponsorship but you (the PA) is living in Canada on a work permit. Is that allowed? Or are you supposed to have applied inland? Does the forum know anything about this issue, how inland versus Outland works when the PA lives in Canada?
actually @becos, you are given the option to apply inland or outland when you live in Canada as PA. It is advisable to apply outland as with inland, if you are refused, you are not allowed to appeal.

@tisrod, truly sorry to hear what you are going through. good that you have submitted the email. I pray they transfer to Ottawa and your wife's surgery goes well too.

Reactions: tisrod and becos

becos

Aug 25, 2016
actually @becos, you are given the option to apply inland or outland when you live in Canada as PA. It is advisable to apply outland as with inland, if you are refused, you are not allowed to appeal.

@tisrod, truly sorry to hear what you are going through. good that you have submitted the email. I pray they transfer to Ottawa and your wife's surgery goes well too.
Oh okay good to know, I was worried for you @tisrod because they are asking you to come for an interview at AVO. They must change your interview to Ottawa. I pray they respond to your email soon. Let us know.

Reactions: tisrod

tisrod

Nov 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-2016
File Transfer...
10-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Oh okay good to know, I was worried for you @tisrod because they are asking you to come for an interview at AVO. They must change your interview to Ottawa. I pray they respond to your email soon. Let us know.
Thank you. I pray too.

tisrod

Nov 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-2016
File Transfer...
10-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
@tisrod Saw something like this a few months ago. I think it was an Indian applicant that was living in the US (i think student or H1B or something...not PR). NDVO scheduled him for an interview in India but he sharply replied that he stays in the US. The interview was cancelled / waived and PPR was issued.
I hope the same happens to me dear.

tisrod

Nov 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-2016
File Transfer...
10-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Yes thank you dear. I don't want her

To stress more since she already anxious about her surgery. I told her in case they don't want to transfer the case here to go talk to the local authorities here and tell them about our situation since she's citizen born and raised she has that right. I don't want my family destroyed and separated because of this. They are all I have.i looked at my son playing this morning so innocent so precious to me so there's no way I let them destroy my family based on some rules and laws

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016

bolakale

Jan 23, 2017
Hi guys, congratulations to all who received PPR...I am Sept 29th 2016 applicant and i received PPR on the 25 oct 2017.

AVO requested for police report, medical report, passport photo and updated family background form and all should be submitted within 15days.

The journey hasn't bin easy and we corresponded with AVO about 3 times within the 12 months period.

The 1st time was in March 2017 when I realised that I misinterpreted one of the questions about being denied visa.i sent a mail to them, uploaded on webform and also sent my detailed letter of explanation, updated form with the correct information and supporting documents, I received a response after my follow up mail that they got my documents.

The 2nd time was when we sent unsolicited additional documents supporting our application.No response was received after that.

The last time was last month wen we sent a mail to AVO that my sponsor and i have moved temporarily to Australia and we wanted our contact details changed. We also sent supporting documents.

To God be the glory, we received PPR yesterday.... Thank you for reading my epistle but I guess somehow these information will help someone in similar situation.

Do not despair the waiting game is almost over for everyone....continue to keep faith

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hi guys, congratulations to all who received PPR...I am Sept 29th 2016 applicant and i received PPR on the 25 oct 2017.

AVO requested for police report, medical report, passport photo and updated family background form and all should be submitted within 15days.

The journey hasn't bin easy and we corresponded with AVO about 3 times within the 12 months period.

The 1st time was in March 2017 when I realised that I misinterpreted one of the questions about being denied visa.i sent a mail to them, uploaded on webform and also sent my detailed letter of explanation, updated form with the correct information and supporting documents, I received a response after my follow up mail that they got my documents.

The 2nd time was when we sent unsolicited additional documents supporting our application.No response was received after that.

The last time was last month wen we sent a mail to AVO that my sponsor and i have moved temporarily to Australia and we wanted our contact details changed. We also sent supporting documents.

To God be the glory, we received PPR yesterday.... Thank you for reading my epistle but I guess somehow these information will help someone in similar situation.

Do not despair the waiting game is almost over for everyone....continue to keep faith
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!

Cutie101

May 28, 2017
Category........
FAM
Hey everyone! I have a situation here. Back in September I got an email from. AVO asking to send in documents proving the genuinity of our marriage. Which we did. Today I received another email asking to attend an interview on the 15th of November at AVO. But I live I Canada with my wife and son. And the interesting part is in couple of days my wife is going to have a surgery and for about 6weeks she can't do anything so I will be taking care of her and our son. Plus we are In the middle of moving to a different apartment. So much expenses right now. Like I'm just confused and don't know what to do at all. I have a work permit that is expired and of course I submitted my application to renew it as usual and been waiting for it. So right now I I have what they call an Implied status which still allows me to work until a decision is made. I would really want to change the interview location to Ottawa if possible so that it will be cheaper and quicker so that I get home after a day trip to be with my family and take care of them. Pls advise me.
Hi Tisrod,

Sorry to hear about your situation however you have explained yourself clearly to us so I would suggest you write an extensive email to VO-accra advising the situation of your wife is not in condition to fly due to medical reason ( will be having a surgery provide date and get medical letter from doctor advising of no travel for your wife prior and after have the doctor outline it in the letter)

no need to talk about moving and expenses - main focus should be the medical concern and you will be the primary person taking care of your wife after surgery and young child.
if the interview can be conducted in Canada they can provide you location for you to attend.
attach the medical letter to your email and I am sure they will understand as you have medical grounds for your wife and can not attend in Ghana as you are currently in Canada. keep it straight forward.
hope this helps .. good luck

tisrod

Nov 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-2016
File Transfer...
10-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Thanks dear I sent them a e-mail today. Just waiting for my wife to get the doctor's note
Hi Tisrod,

Sorry to hear about your situation however you have explained yourself clearly to us so I would suggest you write an extensive email to VO-accra advising the situation of your wife is not in condition to fly due to medical reason ( will be having a surgery provide date and get medical letter from doctor advising of no travel for your wife prior and after have the doctor outline it in the letter)

no need to talk about moving and expenses - main focus should be the medical concern and you will be the primary person taking care of your wife after surgery and young child.
if the interview can be conducted in Canada they can provide you location for you to attend.
attach the medical letter to your email and I am sure they will understand as you have medical grounds for your wife and can not attend in Ghana as you are currently in Canada. keep it straight forward.
hope this helps .. good luck

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016

Congratulations! Its always encouraging to see other people's journey coming to an end. It gives me hope.