+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Tre147

Jun 22, 2017
Hi there! Congratulations! That's wonderful news! I'm not sure how long it will take to get your passport back, it seems it varies, I would definitely try and post pone your travels for a month anyways, just in case. But if you're able to post pone and then post pone again, you could make it for earlier.

Could you also share your timeline? Like when you applied and got SA and if you had to send any other documents in and when? Thank you.
Ok..let me try as much as I can remember. My application received june 9th 2016. Waited 3 months didn't get any confirmation, my sponsor also didnt get anything. So in September we had to call CIC to ask about it. Only then we were told that my sponsor had been approved and my file forwarded to Accra. They said they had mailed out the confirmation but not sure why we didn't get. We got our application number and client ID over the phone. In october 2016 i tried to track it online using the application number , and saw they actually received the application june 9th 2016, started processing my application august 24th 2016 and also had received my upfront medicals. That was all. I didn't hear from them until march 2017. They requested for more photos of us, my birth certificates and university certificate. They also asked to provide full details of my travel history. I mailed out those documents asap, i happened to be in canada(visiting) at the time i received the email. June 1st 2017 there was another email asking me to complete another family form, new medical exam,new police certificate, pay the RPRF (right of permanent resident fee) also to complete the schedule A form again. Finally, june 29th 2017 passport request (15 days to send it in). The wait was long, we sent several emails in between, some they replied, others they just ignore. The best reply we got was, 'your application is on queue for review'. I'm glad it's finally over. If i missed out anything i would add it but i believe that should be all. Stay blessed!

Tre147

Jun 22, 2017
Thanks to everyone here for your advice me and my husband really appreciate and to all waiting you will get a positive email soon... so after we sent the passport to ottawa on Monday last week we got it back yesterday which is on Thursday and my husband landed today at the peace bridge at niagara. And also to anyone looking to land at peace bridge they don't do it from Friday to Monday anymore only on Tuesday till Thursday now due to the work load they get, we had to plead with them and considering the distance we drove they allowed my husband complete it PR process which was less then 10 minutes. Thanks to everyone becos, pake,tender, peg and all i can't mention. Thank you
Congratulations! Please can you advise me on how u went about sending your passport to Ottawa if my case is in any way similar. I got passport resquest on Thursday, I am to travel to canada tuesday this week on TRV( we have an extremely important event to attend in canada), can I mail out the passport to ACCRA from there as I have 15 days to send it in. I know for sure that i won't make the trip if send it now. Please can you tell me if it is possible or how you went about changing yours to ottawa.

GENEGENE

May 4, 2017
Congratulations! Please can you advise me on how u went about sending your passport to Ottawa if my case is in any way similar. I got passport resquest on Thursday, I am to travel to canada tuesday this week on TRV( we have an extremely important event to attend in canada), can I mail out the passport to ACCRA from there as I have 15 days to send it in. I know for sure that i won't make the trip if send it now. Please can you tell me if it is possible or how you went about changing yours to ottawa.
CONGRAT TO YOU TOO... SO FROM MY UNDERSTANDING ON HOW THIS WORKS I THINK SINCE YOU WILL BE COMING TO CANADA ON A VISITING VISA YOU WONT BE ALLOWED TO SEND YOUR PASSPORT TO OTTAWA AS YOU ARE NOT A TEMPORARY RESIDENT OF CANADA AND YOU CAN ONLY BE A TEMPORARY RESIDENT EITHER BY A STUDENT PERMIT OR A WORK PERMIT WHICH MY HUSBAND HAS AND HAS BEEN LIVING IN CANADA SINCE 2013...... I WILL STRONGLY ADVICE YOU JUST POSTPONE YOUR TRIP ND SEND YOUR PASSPORT TO GHANA FROM NIGERIA AS IT IS ILLEGAL TO SEND PASSPORT OVERSEAS, I CALLED CIC WHEN WE INITIALLY GOT THE PASSPORT REQUEST AND WE WERE TOLD IT WAS A MISTAKE ASKING US TO SEND IS PASSPORT TO GHANA SINCE HE HAS A VALID STATUS IN CANADA AND IT IS ILLEGAL TO SEND PASSPORT OVERSEAS, SO WE WERE INSTRUCTED TO SEND AN URGENT EMAIL TO GHANA TO REMIND THEM MY HUSBAND LIVES IN CANADA AND REQUEST IS PASSPORT TO BE SENT TO OTTAWA WHICH THEY DID AND EVEN PUT A NOTE THAT OTTAWA SHOULD EXPEDITE IS VISA PRINTING SO HE CAN GET IS PASSPORT BEFORE THE MEDICAL EXPIRES..... SO YOU SHOULD PROPERLY JUST POSPON YOUR EVENT AND SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT TO GHANA

Tre147

Jun 22, 2017
CONGRAT TO YOU TOO... SO FROM MY UNDERSTANDING ON HOW THIS WORKS I THINK SINCE YOU WILL BE COMING TO CANADA ON A VISITING VISA YOU WONT BE ALLOWED TO SEND YOUR PASSPORT TO OTTAWA AS YOU ARE NOT A TEMPORARY RESIDENT OF CANADA AND YOU CAN ONLY BE A TEMPORARY RESIDENT EITHER BY A STUDENT PERMIT OR A WORK PERMIT WHICH MY HUSBAND HAS AND HAS BEEN LIVING IN CANADA SINCE 2013...... I WILL STRONGLY ADVICE YOU JUST POSTPONE YOUR TRIP ND SEND YOUR PASSPORT TO GHANA FROM NIGERIA AS IT IS ILLEGAL TO SEND PASSPORT OVERSEAS, I CALLED CIC WHEN WE INITIALLY GOT THE PASSPORT REQUEST AND WE WERE TOLD IT WAS A MISTAKE ASKING US TO SEND IS PASSPORT TO GHANA SINCE HE HAS A VALID STATUS IN CANADA AND IT IS ILLEGAL TO SEND PASSPORT OVERSEAS, SO WE WERE INSTRUCTED TO SEND AN URGENT EMAIL TO GHANA TO REMIND THEM MY HUSBAND LIVES IN CANADA AND REQUEST IS PASSPORT TO BE SENT TO OTTAWA WHICH THEY DID AND EVEN PUT A NOTE THAT OTTAWA SHOULD EXPEDITE IS VISA PRINTING SO HE CAN GET IS PASSPORT BEFORE THE MEDICAL EXPIRES..... SO YOU SHOULD PROPERLY JUST POSPON YOUR EVENT AND SUBMIT YOUR PASSPORT TO GHANA
Oh I see.. Thank you so much for your response.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Are there any other applications through the AVO that applied after December 16 - after the new process started? Just wondering what the timelines are like for others. I went through the tracking sheets and only found one other applicant for this office since December 2016.

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
Are there any other applications through the AVO that applied after December 16 - after the new process started? Just wondering what the timelines are like for others. I went through the tracking sheets and only found one other applicant for this office since December 2016.
i am February 2017.. my TL looks just like everyone who has managed to linked their account to the CIC....its all round silence regardless from AVO..:(:(

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
i am February 2017.. my TL looks just like everyone who has managed to linked their account to the CIC....its all round silence regardless from AVO..:(:(
Thanks for the reply. I'm early April. I got the email to say that our file would be transferred to Accra, but nothing since.

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
Hello
Any news from August 2016 applicants this week??

becos

Aug 25, 2016
How does one calculate timeline someone pls explain it to me thanks
Timeline is when your application was recorded as being received at the Mississauga office, when you were approved as a sponsor/file transfer to accra. Then the next date would be either when you are asked for extra documents, medical request or to send your passport for your visa. You cannot make you timeline visible to us below your name until you've made 10+ posts however you can just state it on here for our reference.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hello
Any news from August 2016 applicants this week??
Nothing. :(

I hate to say this but people said it to me when I first joined, it will be months upon months before you hear from AVO, for those who applied early this year. It's discouraging but know we're all in this for the long haul. We applied August 23rd, 2016 and haven't heard anything about our application since September 27th, 2016. Unfortunately this is normal. Be patient everyone. It's hard but please put your mind to rest small. Sending you all love and positive energy.

Pake

Star Member
Jun 2, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
19-09-2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
28-10-2016
File Transfer...
31-10-2016
Med's Request
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
10-12-2016
Interview........
None at this time
Passport Req..
Soon by the grace of God
VISA ISSUED...
Soon by the grace of God
LANDED..........
Soon
Nothing. :(

I hate to say this but people said it to me when I first joined, it will be months upon months before you hear from AVO, for those who applied early this year. It's discouraging but know we're all in this for the long haul. We applied August 23rd, 2016 and haven't heard anything about our application since September 27th, 2016. Unfortunately this is normal. Be patient everyone. It's hard but please put your mind to rest small. Sending you all love and positive energy.
Its frustrating...

Reactions: colmiz

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
Hello house,

I'm currently in united state since last month with hubby.
We're waiting patiently but it really hard to keep calm since we're expecting our first child and we wish we could both be in Canada when the baby come . Or else I will be false to have the baby in the state.

So to help our application we have decided to fill out the "Use of Representative" to help us find out what is going on with our application.
10month now and nothing !!
My husband medical will expire next month so we need a good news .
We think the representative will help us to find out what is happening .
Hope this will help us.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hello house,

I'm currently in united state since last month with hubby.
We're waiting patiently but it really hard to keep calm since we're expecting our first child and we wish we could both be in Canada when the baby come . Or else I will be false to have the baby in the state.

So to help our application we have decided to fill out the "Use of Representative" to help us find out what is going on with our application.
10month now and nothing !!
My husband medical will expire next month so we need a good news .
We think the representative will help us to find out what is happening .
Hope this will help us.
Hey,

If you haven't already filled out the use of representative and sought a lawyer I would suggest you try and find out what's going on with your app on your own first, as my lawyer hasn't been able to find out anything that others haven't been able to find out on their own. Just so you know.