+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Yea I thought that was explicitly stated that applications would be processed in the order they were received.
What I gather is, 80% of applications would be processed within 12months from when that newsletter was released.
However, it will still be on first come basis.
Exactly. And it's just so disheartening I'm sure for people applying now seeing how long AVO takes to process and how it isn't getting any faster. They're going to have to super super speed it up over the next few months if they want to actually make the processing times shorter.

tisrod

Nov 21, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Avo
App. Filed.......
26-08-2016
AOR Received.
10-2016
File Transfer...
10-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
Hello, I'm also in the same situation. I'm the applicant but I have been living in Canada for 7 years now. 2 years out of the 7 with my wife.not saying I got passport request but since my file is at AVO they will probably want me to send them my passport when the time comes. Do you mind giving me the AVO e-mail address or how you contacted them so that I can do the same before I get the passport request?thanks.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Hello, I'm also in the same situation. I'm the applicant but I have been living in Canada for 7 years now. 2 years out of the 7 with my wife.not saying I got passport request but since my file is at AVO they will probably want me to send them my passport when the time comes. Do you mind giving me the AVO e-mail address or how you contacted them so that I can do the same before I get the passport request?thanks.
@GENEGENE

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Please I'm wondering what number you guys call in Canada to get through to a CIC agent because my husband keeps calling and never gets through to any.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
Please I'm wondering what number you guys call in Canada to get through to a CIC agent because my husband keeps calling and never gets through to any.
Telephone: 1-888-242-2100 (in Canada only)
  • Automated telephone service (available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week)
    If you have a touch-tone telephone, you can listen to pre-recorded information about our programs, and check the status of your application.
  • Client Support Centre agents - Monday to Friday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., your local time, except for statutory holidays. Services are available in French and English.

Reactions: Ugoswife

tender

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/08/2016
Doc's Request.
My God will defend me
AOR Received.
28/08/2016
File Transfer...
01/09/2016
Med's Done....
14/06/2016
Interview........
Never by the precious blood of God
Passport Req..
This month of may will not pass me
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Good Day @All,

Kindly avail me AVO's email address, i need to write them to no what's up on the medical.
Also, Please is there any format on how to address the mail to enable fetch my apps quickly.

Thanks.

babajydo

Star Member
Mar 24, 2017
Lagos, Nigeria
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
23-02-2017
AOR Received.
13-03-2017
File Transfer...
16-04-2017
Med's Request
Upfront, Passed.
Passport Req..
17-11-2017
Thanks for that info colmiz. I agree with you. This glitch has really messed things up. And it's different for people who applied before December 2016 and then afterwards. For us who applied before, getting a medical request is the final stage. For those who applied after, that's not the case. Getting a medical request if you've never done one and you applied after december that's just one step in the new process. There is no way AVO is going to give out PPR to people who applied after December 2016 before they get to wrap up last year apps. Sorry to burst any bubbles but there are July/August/Sept/Oct/Nov people waiting patiently.
dont be to sure..everybody has different application and surrounded by different circumstance..that you submitted in July does not mean you'd get approved at all or get before someone who applied in April 2017 for that matter...but my prayer is that everyone should get approved on this forum and be united with their families..

cyprian

Jun 22, 2017
Hi everyone here I have some important questions that I need some help with. I have posted this some where but maybe I can get a more specific answer from here.
I and my wife have our parents in Nigeria and we have just given birth to our second child here in Canada and both parents wants to see their grandchildren from us. We are PR and have stayed for 3 years now and both kids were born here. Both parents of both families are retired and both of them have little pension, so not rich. They also dont have much landed properties or such ties. We have other siblings some of who have grandchildren for them too still there in Nigeria with them.

Which will be better to apply for; Visiting visa or Super visa for four of them?
Can or should all the applications for 4 of them be put in once or one after another?
Only one of them have travelled before to Israel. This is the mother of my wife. I tried applying for visiting visa for her last year while I was still in Calgary but they denied her with the following reason: YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED SUFFICIENT DOCUMENTATION TO SUPPORT YOUR/YOUR HOST'S INCOME AND ASSETS. Then I was jobless, on EI because I broke my wrist and previously I was working in a seasonal low paying job with very little savings. So I don't know if it was her own meagre income that caused it, or mine or both of us or just 'normal' rejection because I applied for the wrong visa type.
One in each family had partial stroke sometimes in the past. (I am giving this information as I see a lot about upfront medicals here, which I also don't know what it means or how to get that done)

I don't mind either of the visa types as I doubt whether each of the parents will want to stay infinitely, especially considering where I live now, the cold side of Nunavut, so please advise me on which visa will not be rejected. Our income for now, is a bit stable and sizeable.
Also they will likely be coming one group at a time, not four of them at the same time, as I don't have a castle of many rooms here.

Please if this is not the correct place for the question, please overlook and still answer or direct me to where I should post the question.

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
dont be to sure..everybody has different application and surrounded by different circumstance..that you submitted in July does not mean you'd get approved at all or get before someone who applied in April 2017 for that matter...but my prayer is that everyone should get approved on this forum and be united with their families..
I believe her post was based on the "normal" application process. Using straight forward apps as the case study. Of cos we all know some apps have a lot of hitches which can cause delay but that's not the bone of contention here.
Some people have been dealing with CIC for years while I recall someone in this forum got her app approved in 6months or so cos the hubby had a medical situation so they hastened her process.

In most immigration process not just Canada FIFO is usually the standard rule. There could be a little variation attimes in d sense that they could be working on apps with maybe 2 months gap same time but definitely not a long gap like the instance u gave above (July/April). Unfortunately Canada doesn't have a poll where we can see where they are unlike some other countries.

Reactions: becos

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
Hi everyone here I have some important questions that I need some help with. I have posted this some where but maybe I can get a more specific answer from here.
I and my wife have our parents in Nigeria and we have just given birth to our second child here in Canada and both parents wants to see their grandchildren from us. We are PR and have stayed for 3 years now and both kids were born here. Both parents of both families are retired and both of them have little pension, so not rich. They also dont have much landed properties or such ties. We have other siblings some of who have grandchildren for them too still there in Nigeria with them.

Which will be better to apply for; Visiting visa or Super visa for four of them?
Can or should all the applications for 4 of them be put in once or one after another?
Only one of them have travelled before to Israel. This is the mother of my wife. I tried applying for visiting visa for her last year while I was still in Calgary but they denied her with the following reason: YOU HAVE NOT PROVIDED SUFFICIENT DOCUMENTATION TO SUPPORT YOUR/YOUR HOST'S INCOME AND ASSETS. Then I was jobless, on EI because I broke my wrist and previously I was working in a seasonal low paying job with very little savings. So I don't know if it was her own meagre income that caused it, or mine or both of us or just 'normal' rejection because I applied for the wrong visa type.
One in each family had partial stroke sometimes in the past. (I am giving this information as I see a lot about upfront medicals here, which I also don't know what it means or how to get that done)

I don't mind either of the visa types as I doubt whether each of the parents will want to stay infinitely, especially considering where I live now, the cold side of Nunavut, so please advise me on which visa will not be rejected. Our income for now, is a bit stable and sizeable.
Also they will likely be coming one group at a time, not four of them at the same time, as I don't have a castle of many rooms here.

Please if this is not the correct place for the question, please overlook and still answer or direct me to where I should post the question.
It's always good to understand the reason for ur previous refusal so as to enable u re package well b4 re applying. From ur post what I deduce is ur financial status was a flag off not necessarily ur mother in laws.

Hubby applied for his mom and sis and they didn't attach any prove of income cos both are unemployed and they were granted. Hubby has sustainable income so he made them understand he's funding the trip. I believe this works well esp when it's elderly people involved cos this is same way my parents have been applying for both U.K. and US visas.
So now u have a job I believe u stand better chance. This is my 2 cents, others can weigh in on this.

All da best

Reactions: cyprian

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Ob
I believe her post was based on the "normal" application process. Using straight forward apps as the case study. Of cos we all know some apps have a lot of hitches which can cause delay but that's not the bone of contention here.
Some people have been dealing with CIC for years while I recall someone in this forum got her app approved in 6months or so cos the hubby had a medical situation so they hastened her process.

In most immigration process not just Canada FIFO is usually the standard rule. There could be a little variation attimes in d sense that they could be working on apps with maybe 2 months gap same time but definitely not a long gap like the instance u gave above (July/April). Unfortunately Canada doesn't have a poll where we can see where they are unlike some other countries.
That is exactly what I meant. :) They will get to 80% of us in order it seems. It is a FIFO process that we know for sure. (First in first out).

Last edited:

peg204

Star Member
Dec 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
September 2, 2016
AOR Received.
September 30, 2016
File Transfer...
October 13, 2016
Med's Request
Done August 2016
Med's Done....
send with application/ PASSED
Passport Req..
Febuary IJN
VISA ISSUED...
Febuary IJN
LANDED..........
Febuary IJN
The waiting is killing me!

10 month in a couple days !!
My hubby medical expire in august !!
I'm really praying God answer our prayers.

cyprian

Jun 22, 2017
It's always good to understand the reason for ur previous refusal so as to enable u re package well b4 re applying. From ur post what I deduce is ur financial status was a flag off not necessarily ur mother in laws.

Hubby applied for his mom and sis and they didn't attach any prove of income cos both are unemployed and they were granted. Hubby has sustainable income so he made them understand he's funding the trip. I believe this works well esp when it's elderly people involved cos this is same way my parents have been applying for both U.K. and US visas.
So now u have a job I believe u stand better chance. This is my 2 cents, others can weigh in on this.

All da best
Thanks so much Sugar coconut, you make so much sense with that.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I honestly feel like AVO has reached their quota for spousal sponsorship for the year. :(