+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Just a document to i need to sign to finalize my Husband application and we used Fedex already and when we tracked it it shows delivered to security Guard..... Is there a way to find out if it has been received by the right quarters?
It may show document received on your account or you can email AVO to ask them if it has been received.

I'm glad to hear Fedex works too! :) good to know.

umuchima

Star Member
Oct 29, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
01-08-2016
AOR Received.
08-08-2016
File Transfer...
10-10-2016
Med's Request
05-08-2017
Med's Done....
08-08-2017
Passport Req..
15-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
02-10-2017
I'm sorry but that's not a fair statement at all. Syrian refugees were not processed in 3 months, they had been in process for months upon months even years before being accepted to come to Canada. Canada just increased its cap in a three month period. I get people saying this to me all the time, when they feel sad for me my husband isn't here and then they bad mouth the refugee processing, it's just a way to use refugees as a scapegoat for others problems. They've gone through hell and back. And even if they were actually in process for three months, which they were absolutely not, that still isn't an excuse to compare our situations to theirs. I kindly tell people thank you for your concern but I am happy to wait my turn and I am grateful I am not a refugee nor is my husband. You may not be aware that that is how it worked for refugees coming to Canada, so I understand why you stated your frustration. But please know that is not fair to say, and the Canadian government saw a huge humanitarian crisis and allowed 25 000 refugees who were already in process to come to Canada but were restricted by the refugee cap per year, to come in those three months. And those made up both private and government assisted refugee sponsorships. I'm involved with helping a Syrian family and they have been in process for three years and living in a refugee camp for five years. And all they truly want is to be safe and go home one day. But they are so happy to be safe now, and welcomed and we will help them as best we can. We should be grateful we have equal opportunity to apply for our spouses. Did you know the spousal class is the only class you can't be refused based on your medical? I know it's frustraing, this process, I'm frustrated too, but we can't compare ourselves to refugees.
Nop...The 2nd batch was 3 months....after justin trudeau came,,check
orless your talking about individual sponsor or churches sponsor

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Nop...The 2nd batch was 3 months....after justin trudeau came,,check
orless your talking about individual sponsor or churches sponsor
I'm not sure what you're trying to say.
The 25 000 were mostly government assisted and some were private sponsorships. I can send you the press release. That's besides the point which have failed to realize. The point is, none of the refugees were simply processed in three months so don't compare your situation to theirs.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Guys I think what we should strongly request for is that the AVO updates our application online just like every other visa office. We feel frustrated because ewe can't see what sort of progress is being made on our application and even gcms notes are empty. It is unfair! We are clearly being neglected in this office for no just cause. Maybe this should be the new theme for letters to PM's.

favoured1

May 22, 2015
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
Doc's Request.
19-05-2016
Hi all,
This is my first post on this thread.
I heard from another thread on this forum that AVO is now issuing MR to applicants.
We are approaching the end of the tunnel and the light is beginning to shine on us.

Reactions: colmiz

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Hi all,
This is my first post on this thread.
I heard from another thread on this forum that AVO is now issuing MR to applicants.
We are approaching the end of the tunnel and the light is beginning to shine on us.
Hello. What thread please and which month's applicants received MR?

favoured1

May 22, 2015
App. Filed.......
03-01-2016
Doc's Request.
19-05-2016
Hello. What thread please and which month's applicants received MR?
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-applicants-to-cic-accra-still-waiting-after-a-year-please-lets-connect.466053/page-17#post-6058133
Hurray!!my medical just arrived from Accra,they v finally woken from their slumber.I pray that it all go round in Jesus name.
Lets join hands in prayer for more of this.
He submitted in Nov 2015 and AOR in Feb 2016

Full Timeline:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/all-applicants-to-cic-accra-still-waiting-after-a-year-please-lets-connect.466053/page-18#post-6059643
Hurray!!my medical just arrived from Accra,they v finally woken from their slumber.I pray that it all go round in Jesus name.
Feb 2013:application submitted
Sept 2013:received file no
May2015:Nomination letter
Nov 2015:application received by CIC
Feb 2016:acknowledgement letter received from CIC
June 2017:medical request.

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
Hello everyone ,

"Thy Lord is Great and Everything Written about Him is Great" ........My husband received another email this morning from AVO for passport requested.

15 days to submit to following: New schedule A, Additional family info, proof of medical, police clearance, and passport.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Someone please help. My medical check just changed to we have requested a medical, check your messages for the letter or something but I didn't see any message or letter attached. I also didn't get any update on my account email, I just randomly saw this change. My account seems changed a little but I don't know exactly what was newly added

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
Someone please help. My medical check just changed to we have requested a medical, check your messages for the letter or something but I didn't see any message or letter attached. I also didn't get any update on my account email, I just randomly saw this change. My account seems changed a little but I don't know exactly what was newly added
Hello Ugoswife. We are experiencing kind of the same thing. Additional Documents status just changed to "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details" but there is no message attached. I'm a bit confused. Can everyone check their cic login to see if there are changes for them too? Thanks.

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
Hello everyone ,

"Thy Lord is Great and Everything Written about Him is Great" ........My husband received another email this morning from AVO for passport requested.

15 days to submit to following: New schedule A, Additional family info, proof of medical, police clearance, and passport.
Congrats Praise77.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
I see my
Hello Ugoswife. We are experiencing kind of the same thing. Additional Documents status just changed to "We need additional documents to process your application. Check your messages below for details" but there is no message attached. I'm a bit confused. Can everyone check their cic login to see if there are changes for them too? Thanks.
I see my husband says it's a system thing and that we would probably see the email before the end of the day. Maybe there was a massive update. Still it feels great to see the account change! Have your medicals expired by the way?

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
I see my

I see my husband says it's a system thing and that we would probably see the email before the end of the day. Maybe there was a massive update. Still it feels great to see the account change! Have your medicals expired by the way?
Yes it feels so good to see any kind of update at all. No, our medicals expire in August. And we applied September 19th. I'm wondering what additional documents could be requested. Keeping my fingers crossed though. When did your medicals expire?