+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
tender said:
I think this year Accra is really very slow. This is wickedness o. Hmmm
Breaks my heart :'( the unknown and waiting is so painful. I haven't been with my husband full time for two and a half years :'(

Accra mimi

Feb 8, 2017
Visa Office......: Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......: Feb 28, 2016
AOR Received.: Sept 20, 2016
File Transfer...: & SA: 2 MARCH, 2016
QUEBEC CERTIF: 13 APRIL 2016
Med's Done....: OCTOBER 14, 2016
SECOND MEDICAL DONE: 2 NOVEMBR 2016
Interview........: ...NO
Passport Req..: ...NO
VISA ISSUED...: NO
STILL WAITING

What do you mean when you say : I would raise a case specific enquiry (web form) after 3 months of re-doing medicals.

Thank you GisG2

GisG2 said:
Dear Accra Mimi, U are welcome to the forum.
Medical tests (e-medical) generally expires after one year and usually asking for e-medicals indicates that your application is almost passed and they just need to be sure the applicant is medically fit enough.
Personally I would raise a case specific enquiry (web form) after 3 months of re-doing medicals. This is because they get the result almost immediately so there is suppose to be no cause for further delay.
Besides what is your time line? when did you do the second medical? etc.

Hope this helps.

GisG2

Star Member
Dec 6, 2015
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra (AVO)
NOC Code......
N/A
App. Filed.......
31-01-2017
Doc's Request.
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
18-02-2017
IELTS Request
Not Applicable
File Transfer...
28-02-2017
Med's Request
14-12-2017
Med's Done....
18-12-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-12-2017
VISA ISSUED...
17-01-2018
LANDED..........
Sure soon
Accra mimi said:
Visa Office......: Accra, Ghana
App. Filed.......: Feb 28, 2016
AOR Received.: Sept 20, 2016
File Transfer...: & SA: 2 MARCH, 2016
QUEBEC CERTIF: 13 APRIL 2016
Med's Done....: OCTOBER 14, 2016
SECOND MEDICAL DONE: 2 NOVEMBR 2016
Interview........: ...NO
Passport Req..: ...NO
VISA ISSUED...: NO
STILL WAITING

What do you mean when you say : I would raise a case specific enquiry (web form) after 3 months of re-doing medicals.

Thank you GisG2
It meant I would ask them if they have received my e-medical which I did months before based on their request and what the status of my application is ? if I were in your shoe.

Raising a case specific enquiry (web form) is asking the visa office the situation with your application when its delayed beyond posted dates or when you want to notify them of important changes like address, new born, etc.

https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx?_ga=1.75042258.194564181.1478539845

Following the link pasted above and fill appropriately if you want to enquire about your case.

I believe your Passport request is the next step all things being equal.

lankyprince

Star Member
May 15, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30/08/2016
AOR Received.
27/09/2016
File Transfer...
28/10/2016
Med's Done....
upfront
I just don't get it, VO what's taking so long? It's not fair how people from this region are treated. Other VO are dishing out ppr non stop, but Ghana is radio silence. Almost 6 months and counting. How do they even sleep at night knowing peoples lives are on hold.

app_can

Feb 10, 2017
Hi guys,
I'm permanent resident applicant from benin . I have been waiting for 15 months since my application was received at CIC and still have not received medical request from accra embassy. Even some people I follow on a french forum are waiting more longer than I.
When taking a look at this thread I come to the conclusion that It seems there is issues only for french citizens applicants from togo, benin since applicants from ghana and nigeria are still getting there applications procesed normally( please correct me if. I 'm wrong).
I finally decided to register to this site and inquire if someone have informations about what is going on at accra embassy? Why french citizens applications are on a standby? .
This situation is quite infuriating.
Please keep me informed.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
app_can said:
Hi guys,
I'm permanent resident applicant from benin . I have been waiting for 15 months since my application was received at CIC and still have not received medical request from accra embassy. Even some people I follow on a french forum are waiting more longer than I.
When taking a look at this thread I come to the conclusion that It seems there is issues only for french citizens applicants from togo, benin since applicants from ghana and nigeria are still getting there applications procesed normally( please correct me if. I 'm wrong).
I finally decided to register to this site and inquire if someone have informations about what is going on at accra embassy? Why french citizens applications are on a standby? .
This situation is quite infuriating.
Please keep me informed.
Hi app_can,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can I inquire why you didn't send a medical in with your app? I would suggest you do one and send it now. In the sponsorship approval letter it says at the bottom if you haven't already you should send in a medical. I would do that now and have it sent in. Also if you haven't done a police check do that too and send it in. Friends of mine were waiting for the police check request for example and then after months of waiting with no word they just sent it in and got PPR within a week. You can also do case specific inquiry or have your MP look into it. Hope that helps. I'm sure others can also weigh in.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
lankyprince said:
I just don't get it, VO what's taking so long? It's not fair how people from this region are treated. Other VO are dishing out ppr non stop, but Ghana is radio silence. Almost 6 months and counting. How do they even sleep at night knowing peoples lives are on hold.
It's devastating. And to think there are people who have been waiting twice as long as us. Heart breaking and terrifying all at once. We all feel stuck, and as you said, our lives are on hold. Everyday I go to work with other young people who are all going home at the end of the day to their husbands and children, and I go home to no one. How much longer will I go home to an empty house?

app_can

Feb 10, 2017
becos said:
Hi app_can,

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. Can I inquire why you didn't send a medical in with your app? I would suggest you do one and send it now. In the sponsorship approval letter it says at the bottom if you haven't already you should send in a medical. I would do that now and have it sent in. Also if you haven't done a police check do that too and send it in. Friends of mine were waiting for the police check request for example and then after months of waiting with no word they just sent it in and got PPR within a week. You can also do case specific inquiry or have your MP look into it. Hope that helps. I'm sure others can also weigh in.

Sorry in fact I didn't apply for family sponsorship, rather skilled workers selected by Quebec In the "business immigration" category.
I don't know if the process is different for english speaking countries (ghana, nigeria...) but in our case ( togo, bénin..) and for the category we apply for ( skilled workers selected by quebec)we do not have to do medical by ourselves. Usually it is the embassy that ask for it, same for the police check( that is done by the embassy).
I even called the doctor and asked if it were possible to do the medicals beforehand and he said no I have to wait instructions from the embassy before.
So we are stuck waiting for this medical request since long tine now. Some are waiting for almost 17 months now still don't get it. Some people have sent email to the embassy and they either get answer like this" your application is still in process" or they get no answer fort heir inquiry.
It seems that it is the first time applicants from french countries are facing such delays.

Sorry for my english

becos

Aug 25, 2016
app_can said:
Sorry in fact I didn't apply for family sponsorship, rather skilled workers selected by Quebec In the "business immigration" category.
I don't know if the process is different for english speaking countries (ghana, nigeria...) but in our case ( togo, bénin..) and for the category we apply for ( skilled workers selected by quebec)we do not have to do medical by ourselves. Usually it is the embassy that ask for it, same for the police check( that is done by the embassy).
I even called the doctor and asked if it were possible to do the medicals beforehand and he said no I have to wait instructions from the embassy before.
So we are stuck waiting for this medical request since long tine now. Some are waiting for almost 17 months now still don't get it. Some people have sent email to the embassy and they either get answer like this" your application is still in process" or they get no answer fort heir inquiry.
It seems that it is the first time applicants from french countries are facing such delays.

Sorry for my english
Oh ok I understand. I'm sorry to hear that, that's very frustrating. I don't know what the hold up is. We all must just keep our fingers crossed for good luck for everyone. Keep us posted.

Nyhiraba

Star Member
Mar 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 9, 2015
AOR Received.
Oct 23, 2015
File Transfer...
Nov 10, 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015, redone Nov 9, 2016
Interview........
Nov 8, 2016
Passport Req..
Nov 8, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Nov 21, 2016
LANDED..........
March 14, 2017
becos said:
It's devastating. And to think there are people who have been waiting twice as long as us. Heart breaking and terrifying all at once. We all feel stuck, and as you said, our lives are on hold. Everyday I go to work with other young people who are all going home at the end of the day to their husbands and children, and I go home to no one. How much longer will I go home to an empty house?
Have patience, becos. We waited for 14 months for our good news. I would rather wait a long time and get good news than wait a short time for bad news. Sometimes it seems time is passing you by while you wait but remember God's time is the best. It shall be well.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Nyhiraba said:
Have patience, becos. We waited for 14 months for our good news. I would rather wait a long time and get good news than wait a short time for bad news. Sometimes it seems time is passing you by while you wait but remember God's time is the best. It shall be well.
Thanks Nyhiraba, you're so right. And I know I have more than enough to keep me busy. Just need to throw myself in to that.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
Please my friends on forum here ..I'm sorry I'm not active as I use to be before because mostly people who know me here are all gone to Canada and many are not even login in here again till date ..all the same so I choose to be silent any time I don't know
what to say so as not make any one who is making our mind fly to feel bad..all the same I have important question please!!!

I apply on April ending 2016,I got SA on September 16 2016 because we miss to sign just one form ,so now my application is in process since September ending 2016,so now my application is 4 months and maybe 12 days at AVO, but will be 10 months in total at the ending of this month.. And will be 5 month's as soon as this month end up, so please I will appreciate all reply to me both comments and or PM thanks a lot all..bless you all.
My medical expired today..and I didn't received any message from AVO..
Yesterday when I check it ,it says "passed" but today it change to not needed at this time..
Please friends I'm confused ..have any one experience this?
Can any one advice me?
Is it a good sign ?

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
Timosky99 said:
Please my friends on forum here ..I'm sorry I'm not active as I use to be before because mostly people who know me here are all gone to Canada and many are not even login in here again till date ..all the same so I choose to be silent any time I don't know
what to say so as not make any one who is making our mind fly to feel bad..all the same I have important question please!!!

I apply on April ending 2016,I got SA on September 16 2016 because we miss to sign just one form ,so now my application is in process since September ending 2016,so now my application is 4 months and maybe 12 days at AVO, but will be 10 months in total at the ending of this month.. And will be 5 month's as soon as this month end up, so please I will appreciate all reply to me both comments and or PM thanks a lot all..bless you all.
My medical expired today..and I didn't received any message from AVO..
Yesterday when I check it ,it says "passed" but today it change to not needed at this time..
Please friends I'm confused ..have any one experience this?
Can any one advice me?
Is it a good sign ?
Hi Timosky:
Pls, Have you ordered your gcms notes? Doing that is a start and can allow you to see what is happening behind the scenes.

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
Nyhiraba said:
Thank you for sharing journey and your words of encouragement. Surely one day we would all be reunited with our loves. Have you landed in Canada already?