+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

willy234

Sep 9, 2013
xls said:
Congrats Willy, very happy for you. Can you share your timeline pls?
Hi Xls,
My timeline:

Applied: March 10
File Transferred: april 13
additional document( evidence of genuine rel.): Dec 19th
Re-medical: January 18
PPR: January 23rd.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
willy234 said:
Hi Xls,
My timeline:

Hi. Can you tell what extra documents you sent as additional evidence in December. I've seen a lot of people who got the same request but we're denied after they sent in the additional evidence. Just so we can learn from you experience.

willy234

Sep 9, 2013
Sure i can; info below
My ticket back home for visit,
picture taken during last visit
phone logs (1year)
chat messages;
Facebook messages
Pension plan printout
Gifts receipt
bank record showing transfer between us.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
willy234 said:
Sure i can; info below
My ticket back home for visit,
picture taken during last visit
phone logs (1year)
chat messages;
Facebook messages
Pension plan printout
Gifts receipt
bank record showing transfer between us.
Thank you. Congratulations again to your family. I'm an October applicant and I was really hoping for our application to be concluded in 6 months but with the way AVO is moving, I'm thinking we might have to wait till the end of the year.

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
willy234 said:
Hi Xls,
My timeline:

@willy234,
Congratulations once again, your timeline is the same as mine. I'm still waiting for them

becos

Aug 25, 2016
I wonder if AVO will actually speed up processing. :(
It's worrisome that March apps still haven't been processed...

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
I'm sorry they refuse you upon a lot of evidence you give,I hope you will win the appeal OK, take heart my brother ,also tell your wife same..it hurt to be far away from your spouse.. If not the hot weather of Nigeria I have want to stay here with my wife in Nigeria ..but she can't cope here..

Willy123 congratulations Bro, I'm happy for you ,may God grant us all ppr are he did yours

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
Hello guys. My husband submitted our application in October and at that time, I was on vacation in the US. At the time we submitted, my cumulative stay in the US for all my past up till that month was 4 months so we did not include an FBI police certificate. I left the US in December and at that time, my total stay for all my visits to the US would be close to 7 months. Do you think CIC would ask me to submit an FBI clearance seeing that my application hasn't made any serious progress yet because Accra visa office is still working on May applications or would they consider my application based in how long I have been in the US at the time I submitted the application?

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
Ugoswife said:
Hello guys. My husband submitted our application in October and at that time, I was on vacation in the US. At the time we submitted, my cumulative stay in the US for all my past up till that month was 4 months so we did not include an FBI police certificate. I left the US in December and at that time, my total stay for all my visits to the US would be close to 7 months. Do you think CIC would ask me to submit an FBI clearance seeing that my application hasn't made any serious progress yet because Accra visa office is still working on May applications or would they consider my application based in how long I have been in the US at the time I submitted the application?
They may not care about that, normally should based on the time you applied. Don't worry yourself now doing anything in advance. You will maybe surprise if they are satisfy with your everything they may not care about that. I am from Ghana grew up in Ghana but I got a pcc in 2008 and that was what I used and was accepted .i was thinking they may ask me for a new one but they didn't . Just make sure you know the procedure to get the U.K. Pcc as fast as possible , should they ask in your case.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
gapoha said:
They may not care about that, normally should based on the time you applied. Don't worry yourself now doing anything in advance. You will maybe surprise if they are satisfy with your everything they may not care about that. I am from Ghana grew up in Ghana but I got a pcc in 2008 and that was what I used and was accepted .i was thinking they may ask me for a new one but they didn't . Just make sure you know the procedure to get the U.K. Pcc as fast as possible , should they ask in your case.
Thanks for your reply. I'm only worried because the current processing time for the USA PVC is 12-14 weeks and I've seen that most people actually wait that long before they can get it. I also see that cic does not give that amount of time for one to provide it. Thanks though.i I'll probably apply for it just in case they finally request for it.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Ugoswife said:
Thanks for your reply. I'm only worried because the current processing time for the USA PVC is 12-14 weeks and I've seen that most people actually wait that long before they can get it. I also see that cic does not give that amount of time for one to provide it. Thanks though.i I'll probably apply for it just in case they finally request for it.
Hey, you should stop in on one of the month spousal app groups that have lots of Americans in them and see what their experiences were like. The August group has lots of active Americans in it who I'm sure would offer you some advice on how to apply and processing times. I think you're right, it does take a long time to process. Hope that helps.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
becos said:
Hey, you should stop in on one of the month spousal app groups that have lots of Americans in them and see what their experiences were like. The August group has lots of active Americans in it who I'm are would offer you some advice on how to apply and processing times. I think you're right, it does take a long time to process. Hope that helps.
Alright, thanks. I'll do that.

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
gapoha said:
Hi all,

I got my passport in hand today I am so glad and don't know how to thank the Almighty God for making it all end in praise. I wish to thank you are for your supports and advice. I pray everyone here get good news in the coming days. Amen!. I will be in Canada before this month ends.
How long did it take to get your passport? Hubby sent his January 6th and still nothing yet.

uCHEMAMA

Jan 3, 2017
OloyeMefa said:
hello everyone

pls how long does it take AVO to issue visa.

Passports have been received since 20th of December last year (2016) and I'm kinda worried.

Thanks
Hi, have you received the passport yet? We sent my hubby's on Jan 4th and so far nothing