+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Happy new year everyone. Back in Canada after a month in Ghana. Didn't want to come back. So nice to spend time with my husband after 7 months apart.

Congrats to those getting good news, and to others know that we are with you and praying for you. Let's always continue to support each other.

Our app has been in for 5 months today. I will email our lawyer in a few weeks to check mycic. Interested to see if there has been any small movement...

Hoping things speed up soon! Happy to be back in the house.

TeamCMOR

Star Member
Nov 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Waived
AOR Received.
05-07-2016
File Transfer...
SA August 11,2016
Med's Request
Passed
Med's Done....
03-05-2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 16, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
April 6, 2017
LANDED..........
April 25 2017
becos said:
Happy new year everyone. Back in Canada after a month in Ghana. Didn't want to come back. So nice to spend time with my husband after 7 months apart.

Congrats to those getting good news, and to others know that we are with you and praying for you. Let's always continue to support each other.

Our app has been in for 5 months today. I will email our lawyer in a few weeks to check mycic. Interested to see if there has been any small movement...

Hoping things speed up soon! Happy to be back in the house.
[/quote

Awwww welcome back Becos. I'm happy to read you enjoyed yourself. ;D

Prettybaby

Jan 23, 2017
Spousal sponsorship application

I received an email in April 2016 stating that am eligible to sponsor my hubby and my file has been transferred to Accra for further processing. The problem now is that I haven't heard anything from Ghana up till now and it's quite frustrating believe me. I just wanna know if anyone on this platform has gone through the same thing and the next step to take for God sake.

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
Re: Spousal sponsorship application

Prettybaby said:
I received an email in April 2016 stating that am eligible to sponsor my hubby and my file has been transferred to Accra for further processing. The problem now is that I haven't heard anything from Ghana up till now and it's quite frustrating believe me. I just wanna know if anyone on this platform has gone through the same thing and the next step to take for God sake.
The only thing you can do is to apply for you gcms notes and you will know the reason.

xls

Mar 17, 2016
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
25-11-2016
AOR Received.
06-12-2016
File Transfer...
12-12-2016
Med's Done....
24-10-2016
Passport Req..
28-08-2017
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2017
LANDED..........
17-10-2017
willy234 said:
Hello E-Family, I got PPR for my wife & child this morning this morning. Thanks for all the contributions and encouragements.
Congrats Willy, very happy for you. Can you share your timeline pls?

bolakale

Jan 23, 2017
Good morning guys,

I read an article that might be helpful as regards genuine or not genuine applications.

Latest Data Reveals Insight into Marriages of Convenience.. go to CICNEWS.COM to access the article and digest. It is quite helpful

Praise 77

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016

Prettybaby said:
Hello prettybaby,

Is not only you, mine is same thing as yours, I received an email in April 2016 that I am eligible to sponsor my hubby and my file was transferred to Accra April 22, 2016. I haven't heard from them too. mycic account says in "PROCESS" and online account says same thing. it's really frustrating , the waiting game is not fun at all. I applied for GCMS notes this month

I am even planning of travelling to naija to see my hubby in April because it's has been a year since we have been apart.

you can apply for GCMS notes

lets keep praying to God, By God's Grace we will hear good news from them soon

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
peg204 said:
You dont have to come back here before they issues it to him

you can stay there till he gets it and then come back here with him .

i wish i have that option honestly but i dont because of my job. but since i'm pregnant, and not feeling good at all, i'm hoping to take a sick leave for 2 weeks and go visit my hubby.

but you can go for as long as u want since you're still on mat leave .
Thanks for the insight dear. Will definitely consider going.
Awwww. It's not easy oo. Being pregnant and not having the hubby around. get better. Praying for you. ..

colmiz

Oct 6, 2016
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
13-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
02-11-2016
Nyhiraba said:
You should go and spend time with him and come back with him when he receives his COPR. If you are a Canadian Citizen register online (https://travel.gc.ca/travelling/registration) and confirm with Embassy when you get to your Husband's Country that you have actually come to spend time with him. That can only help your application.

All the best.

Will do dear. Thank you so much....

Prettybaby

Jan 23, 2017

Praise 77 said:
Hello prettybaby,

Is not only you, mine is same thing as yours, I received an email in April 2016 that I am eligible to sponsor my hubby and my file was transferred to Accra April 22, 2016. I haven't heard from them too. mycic account says in "PROCESS" and online account says same thing. it's really frustrating , the waiting game is not fun at all. I applied for GCMS notes this month

I am even planning of travelling to naija to see my hubby in April because it's has been a year since we have been apart.

you can apply for GCMS notes

Where can I get the GCMS notes on the website praise77?

lets keep praying to God, By God's Grace we will hear good news from them soon

boatswife

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Halifax, NS
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09 -02-2017 new meds...police..sched A after interview
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
19-04-2017...For stepson...This was after PPR!
Med's Done....
11-07-2016 and 14-02-2017
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017 sent in via dhl 20-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2017
Im in the same boat, Accra started processing May 17, 2016, not a word from them, and this is our 2nd time applying , first was refused, we have been married 5 years this April, Ive just sacrified to get the money to go back for then, Im getting so tired of being apart from my husband....

spacepmi

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA THEN TRANSFERED TO DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
File Transfer...
20-06-2016
Med's Done....
13-03-2016

Prettybaby said:
Hi pretty baby,
My wife's application was going through a similar thing like yours. We are April 4 applicant and we received an email stating that it was transferred to Accra. After waiting for long, I decided to order gcms notes in December to find out what happening. I only found out that it was sent to the wrong visa office because she is a Cameroonian and based in Cameroon. It has then been forwarded to Dhakar in December which handle Cameroonian applications. Order your gcms notes and trust me, you will learn a lot

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016

spacepmi said:
Hi pretty baby,
My wife's application was going through a similar thing like yours. We are April 4 applicant and we received an email stating that it was transferred to Accra. After waiting for long, I decided to order gcms notes in December to find out what happening. I only found out that it was sent to the wrong visa office because she is a Cameroonian and based in Cameroon. It has then been forwarded to Dhakar in December which handle Cameroonian applications. Order your gcms notes and trust me, you will learn a lot
What month did you order you gcms note? I've been told that if one orders for it too early ( like 4 months into the application) it might still be empty. Also did you see any other useful information about the progress of the application apart from the fact that it was sent to the wrong visa office.

spacepmi

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA THEN TRANSFERED TO DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
File Transfer...
20-06-2016
Med's Done....
13-03-2016

Ugoswife said:
What month did you order you gcms note? I've been told that if one orders for it too early ( like 4 months into the application) it might still be empty. Also did you see any other useful information about the progress of the application apart from the fact that it was sent to the wrong visa office.
I ordered my wife's notes on the 15th of December and it came about 2 weeks ago. There were a lot of useful information like what the officers thought about the marriage. I had about 8 different point notes on my wife's gcms.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016

spacepmi said:
I ordered my wife's notes on the 15th of December and it came about 2 weeks ago. There were a lot of useful information like what the officers thought about the marriage. I had about 8 different point notes on my wife's gcms.
Ok. After about 7 months. Thanks for the response