Waived
Passport Req..
05- dec- 2016
VISA ISSUED...
27-feb-2017
LANDED..........
April 7th 2017
Nehemiah26 said:
Hi guys...we were given 30days from 15th December to provide additional evidence of our relationship, but the document I sent was delivered on 16th January bc 14th was Saturday and 15th Sunday....would that affect anything cuz we are stranded. Thanks guys
No i don't think so because you sent the document before the 15th well that's my pointbof view

Cisco85

Star Member
Dec 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2015
AOR Received.
19-12-2015
File Transfer...
30-12-2015
Med's Done....
10-10-2015
Passport Req..
25-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
28-09-2016
Hello all, any one in Edmonton in this forum.

MrsKoj

Star Member
Oct 25, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
16-09-2016
AOR Received.
19-10-2016
File Transfer...
28-10-2016
Med's Done....
30-08-2016
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
18-10-2017
Re: URGENT RESPONSE PLEASE

gapoha said:
Hi It is well
You may hear from them in few days if not today then maybe on or before Tuesday, but in my point of view decision made without passport request is not a good sign. So prepare for any outcome. Mostly the will make ppr before decision made at the time of issuing the visa. My case for instance I got DM on the day I go pick up email. So be strong for any outcome. Let's hope good news comes out of your case as a surprise to the whole house. Amen!
Actually, there are a couple of people from other forums who didn't hear back from cic till about a week after DM. So that's not really a bad sign. They might just be adding finishing touches.

It IS WELL

Star Member
Aug 12, 2016
VISA REFUSED

Hello all
I would like to thank you all for your contributions and advise. I got the much awaited letter from AVO today, but sadly my wife was refused visa based on the fact that our marriage was not genuine which is a blatant lie. I have instructed my lawyer to file an appeal because I know and I am sure that when the appeal is heard here in Canada we will prevail. I am here in Canada and I have a kind of idea how the law is interpreted and people are treated not all these visa officers based in Africa that see Africans as liars. Feel for us but do not pity us for one thing I know is "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and all the embassies including their staff. God has joined us together and they AVO cannot keep us apart. Draw faith from this case and do not say sorry for we are not candidates of sorry but WINNERS. Thank you all. I promise to keep you updated.

spacepmi

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA THEN TRANSFERED TO DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
File Transfer...
20-06-2016
Med's Done....
13-03-2016
Cisco85 said:
Hello all, any one in Edmonton in this forum.
Hi Cisco85,
I a man an Edmontonian

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
Re: VISA REFUSED

It IS WELL said:
Hello all
I would like to thank you all for your contributions and advise. I got the much awaited letter from AVO today, but sadly my wife was refused visa based on the fact that our marriage was not genuine which is a blatant lie. I have instructed my lawyer to file an appeal because I know and I am sure that when the appeal is heard here in Canada we will prevail. I am here in Canada and I have a kind of idea how the law is interpreted and people are treated not all these visa officers based in Africa that see Africans as liars. Feel for us but do not pity us for one thing I know is "The earth is the Lord's and the fullness thereof, the world and all the embassies including their staff. God has joined us together and they AVO cannot keep us apart. Draw faith from this case and do not say sorry for we are not candidates of sorry but WINNERS. Thank you all. I promise to keep you updated.
Hi bro, I am very sorry to hear this sad outcome, but the way you are very strong on the appeal I support you go ahead, you will be surprised AVO will all you back for your application to be review again if they hear of the appeal filed. Let's pray and have a positive expectation. Provide more evidence in filing the appeals. Keep us updated of the proceedings and the outcome. May the good God raise his hands on your case for a quick and positive results. Cheers!!

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront

It IS WELL said:
Hello all
This is such a sad news.. I was also asked to send additional documents based on there thinking that my relationship is not genuine.. I sent them and my documents was received the same day as yours.. I have not heard from them yet.. You are such a strong person and i will advice to go ahead with the appeal.. Wish u all the best and may the good Lord strengthen u and ur wife.

tender

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/08/2016
Doc's Request.
My God will defend me
AOR Received.
28/08/2016
File Transfer...
01/09/2016
Med's Done....
14/06/2016
Interview........
Never by the precious blood of God
Passport Req..
This month of may will not pass me
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........

willyblue said:
This is such a sad news.. I was also asked to send additional documents based on there thinking that my relationship is not genuine.. I sent them and my documents was received the same day as yours.. I have not heard from them yet.. You are such a strong person and i will advice to go ahead with the appeal.. Wish u all the best and may the good Lord strengthen u and ur wife.
Please I have one question. When the embassy says your marriage is not genuine, is that you did not do court marriage or what because I'm confused why they'll deny couples their rites. I no a person that just dud only court wedding and was given ppr

TANMEX

Dec 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

tender said:
Please I have one question. When the embassy says your marriage is not genuine, is that you did not do court marriage or what because I'm confused why they'll deny couples their rites. I no a person that just dud only court wedding and was given ppr
They mean it's not a real marriage and it's only done for the purpose of Immigrating to Canada , in other word they think the Applicant is lying and there is no real marriage just a way to get Visa to Canada and move out of their country due to economic situation .

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
Guys,I think we on this forum need to know EXACTLY what constitute genuine marriage by CIC's definition. Its heartless to deny couples of their rights with the excuse that their marriage is not genuine!!NONSENSE!!! Im sorry but......Those with experience should educate us on genuine marriage.We would be very grateful!! What God has put together, let no man put asunder. AMEN!!

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016

It IS WELL said:
Hello all
So sorry about your situation but no one can give up on being with their spouse. It might take a while but you will win in the end. Going for appeal usually means that you submitted enough evidence but the visa officer refused to put them into consideration so if you want to use a lawyer you should discuss that with him/her. For the evidence you submitted, did you submit things such as trips you took together with her or trips to visit her and pictures from these trips. How long were you together for and did you account for some of that time you have spent together? Did you write a cover letter to explain your application to the visa officer? Did your family attend the wedding or was it a registry wedding, if they didn't, did they send notarized letters explaining why and expressing their support? Etc etc.
Can you please share the details of the rejection letter they sent to you. I believe they should list the supposed reasons why they feel the marriage is not genuine. Just to help us learn.
Don't give up! Tell your wife to be patient and most importantly try not to let the stress of the whole process create issues with your spouse. Being far away from each other is already a lot of stress on ones relationship. Cheers

It IS WELL

Star Member
Aug 12, 2016
@Ugoswife and others. During my initial application i submitted both traditional marriage and court marriage pictures. I had no personal pictures with my wife together except the traditional marriage and court marriage pictures, reason being that we met October 2013 and i was in UK then. I traveled to Nigeria in June 2014 for our traditional marriage and back again to Nigeria in May 2015 for our court marriage. I included my flight tickets on both trips. I moved to Canada on June 25th 2015, and filed her application in March 2016. When they asked for additional proof, I got a letter from the traditional ruler from my community who was aware of the traditional marriage, letter and affidavit from my father in law, letter from my wife's village head and that of my village head, letter from married women from my village of which my wife is a member by the reason of her marriage, letter from her pastor in Nigeria and my pastor here in Canada, Notarize letter from a friend here in Canada who know me for over 15 years and knows everything about the marriage, letter from my work mate here in Canada who is a white Canadian who testified that she is aware that i chat and talk to my wife everyday. I also included pictures my wife took with my oldest brother, his wife, my older brother, his wife, my nephew and his friend, my village women, and the women in the church in my village which she attends when she visits village as she is a Nurse in a state other than our state. Tell me how can someone sitting in the office conclude that all these people are liars? Can this happen to a Canadian? am glad the appeal will be here in Canada because they are the one to prove to me that my marriage is not genuine. Did they invite my wife for interview? the answer is NO, so i would like to know the basis of their conclusion. I know my right and is a fact.

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
It IS WELL said:
@Ugoswife and others. During my initial application i submitted both traditional marriage and court marriage pictures. I had no personal pictures with my wife together except the traditional marriage and court marriage pictures, reason being that we met October 2013 and i was in UK then. I traveled to Nigeria in June 2014 for our traditional marriage and back again to Nigeria in May 2015 for our court marriage. I included my flight tickets on both trips. I moved to Canada on June 25th 2015, and filed her application in March 2016. When they asked for additional proof, I got a letter from the traditional ruler from my community who was aware of the traditional marriage, letter and affidavit from my father in law, letter from my wife's village head and that of my village head, letter from married women from my village of which my wife is a member by the reason of her marriage, letter from her pastor in Nigeria and my pastor here in Canada, Notarize letter from a friend here in Canada who know me for over 15 years and knows everything about the marriage, letter from my work mate here in Canada who is a white Canadian who testified that she is aware that i chat and talk to my wife everyday. I also included pictures my wife took with my oldest brother, his wife, my older brother, his wife, my nephew and his friend, my village women, and the women in the church in my village which she attends when she visits village as she is a Nurse in a state other than our state. Tell me how can someone sitting in the office conclude that all these people are liars? Can this happen to a Canadian? am glad the appeal will be here in Canada because they are the one to prove to me that my marriage is not genuine. Did they invite my wife for interview? the answer is NO, so i would like to know the basis of their conclusion. I know my right and is a fact.
@it is well .....Can you please answer the following questions to help us determine why they refused
1.How long had you stayed in UK before you met your wife?
2.Why didn't you sponsor her to UK
3.How long did you stay at Nigeria for EACH trip....traditional wedding and court wedding
4.Did your wife state she belongs to a church?
5.Are you in Canada as a permanent resident or citizen or what?
6.Were both parents present at the traditional wedding and the court wedding
7.How many people were present at both occasions
8.Did you have refreshment after any of the weddings?

If you can honestly tell us.....Some of us may be able tell you why.....
Anyway I am with you...cheer up and go for appeal

Sugarcoconut

Star Member
Aug 4, 2016
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
App. Filed.......
2-11-2016
AOR Received.
11-11-2016
File Transfer...
24-11-2016. Started processing in Accra Dec 8 2016.
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
13-10-2016
Interview........
Waved
Passport Req..
05-09-2017 (PLEASE ANYONE THAT SEES THIS SHOULD HELP ME SHARE THIS GOODNEWS ON FORUM. I HAVE RECEIVED PPR. HAVING PROBLEM POSTING ON THREAD)
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Oct 2017 hopefully before medical expiry on 26th Oct
JOSH717 said:
@it is well .....Can you please answer the following questions to help us determine why they refused
1.How long had you stayed in UK before you met your wife?
2.Why didn't you sponsor her to UK
3.How long did you stay at Nigeria for EACH trip....traditional wedding and court wedding
4.Did your wife state she belongs to a church?
5.Are you in Canada as a permanent resident or citizen or what?
6.Were both parents present at the traditional wedding and the court wedding
7.How many people were present at both occasions
8.Did you have refreshment after any of the weddings?

If you can honestly tell us.....Some of us may be able tell you why.....
Anyway I am with you...cheer up and go for appeal
Hi, no offence but don't u think some of ur questions are rather too personal. We are all here to learn and I believe non of us here is immigration therefore can't state anything as a matter of FACT, we can only assume with the little knowledge we've got here and beyond.

The young man has his hand full and has given a run down of his whole application process. He's also certain about the case he filed but for some reasons best known to consular officers they denied his application, the least we can do is encourage him and then learn one or two lessons from this his case while the right authority handle this.

Ugoswife

Jan 7, 2017
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3rd October2016
AOR Received.
26th October 2016
File Transfer...
3rd November, 2016 ; 15th November In process in Accra
Med's Done....
2nd April, 2016
It IS WELL said:
This is a devastating experience. Go ahead with your appeal as soon as possible. You will be successful and I wish you a quick process. Let us know if you face any challenges so we can offer as much help as we can.