LANDED..........
22-12-2016
ekwu said:
Congrats labella nd thank God for journey mercy.i pray i get pickup mail soon
Hey ekwu when did you pay for RPRF?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
ikema said:

Sorry if I may ask, WHAT IS LAWYER/REPRESENTATIVE function in application?. Are you sure that you are going to have problem with CIC that makes you to get a lawyer/ representation up front?. I think they are of no relevant/use to application at first if your marriage is genuine. and waist of money.

Well I tried to link my application before, I was unable to link it so i just ignore and forget about linking it. Maybe you should try some more time.

Tymosky on the forum can give you idea of how to link the account.
Hi ikema,

I think everyone has different reasons for using a representative/lawyer. Since everyone's case is so diverse, everyone needs their services for different reasons. I truly don't think it has anything to do with the legitimacy of someone's relationship. The process can be difficult to manage on ones own. In our case our marriage is genuine and everything should be easy going, however we both work full time, I am also full time graduate student and we have many more commitments that have disallowed us from feeling like we can fully be on top of our application. Just having someone to look through it and say "yes, everything you need is here (and more! :)" has been amazing. For us, the use of a representative has been so worth every dollar, she's wonderful to work with, reassuring and has taken a load off my husband and I, particularly when this process is stressful already.

TemiA

Sep 4, 2014
ikema said:
Sure, your medical will be sent to CIC direct. If you did your medical September last year, be rest assure that you are going to do it back because it has already been expire. When you are about to get your PPR, AVO we request for new medical report.
If you send your medical receipt along side with your application, there is nothing to worry about. They have received it.

All the best to you as you patiently wait for your PPR.
Thank you Ikema for your response. We submited our application in March of 2016 and the medical was done around June or July of 2016. We did not send the receipt anywhere when we completed, should we have sent it? We provide our file number to the Doctor.

labelle

Apr 12, 2016
YayaO said:
Hey pls what documents do you need?
Hello, u will need your international passport, confirmation of permanent residence ( which will be sent to you from Accra when sending back your international passport, at a point, I was also asked for my ticket itinerary( I don't know if they ask everyone). Timosky, I hope this also answers your question.

Dele

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-02-2016 SA 22-02-2016
File Transfer...
22-02-2016 AND IN PROCESSING 02-03-2016
Med's Request
RE-MED : 04-10-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 21-10-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2016
ekwu said:
@ dele i paid jan.wat about u.have u heard fro avo
I paid on the 6th of Oct. I still havent heard from AVO

Dele

Star Member
Oct 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-12-2015
AOR Received.
10-02-2016 SA 22-02-2016
File Transfer...
22-02-2016 AND IN PROCESSING 02-03-2016
Med's Request
RE-MED : 04-10-2016
Med's Done....
UPFRONT 21-10-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
04-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
31-10-2016
LANDED..........
22-12-2016

Egwejemu

Sep 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2016
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
14/06/2016
Interview........
not our portion
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hi Ikema, Our use of a representative has nothing to do with our marriage being genuine or not. I do not know people do fake marriages, tie their life down for couple years for nothing. I and my husband have been together for 11years now. We are very busy and more so I do not want to make those silly mistake people makes that end in delaying their document that's why we used a lawyer to assist us in scrutinizing our documents and advice us on what to present to the immigration. The money is not a waste as far as I'm concerned bcos our lawyer has Been very helpful. I just want my husband here with me as soon as possible. Long distance sucks. I hope this answer will ease Ur curiosity. Have a great day and congratulations on your PR.

Timosky99

Jun 25, 2016
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/4/2016
Doc's Request.
send
AOR Received.
5/5/2016
File Transfer...
SA-16/9/2016 ,in processes on 28/9/2016
Med's Request
passed 2nd medical done and passed on Feb 25
Med's Done....
February 10/2016
Interview........
Recommended 21/2/2017
Passport Req..
yes 22/2/17
VISA ISSUED...
10 /3/ 2017
LANDED..........
not yet
November we are happy to be here,we gonna be more happy to see people with smiling face of ppr just as October put a smile to the face of a lot my friend's here...anticipation loading ...the remnants of October/November/December/January/and February applicant's we hope this month bring smile to you all..hang in there!!!!

Egwejemu

Sep 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2016
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
14/06/2016
Interview........
not our portion
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Timosky99 said:
November we are happy to be here,we gonna be more happy to see people with smiling face of ppr just as October put a smile to the face of a lot my friend's here...anticipation loading ...the remnants of October/November/December/January/and February applicant's we hope this month bring smile to you all..hang in there!!!!

Amen Timosky. Even though we are waiting for ours April Applicant. May God grant all thouse Dec,January, Feb,March and we April Applicant that has been waiting for Long their Ppr. We shall all come back to give Him praise.

YayaO

Jul 24, 2016
labelle said:
Hello, u will need your international passport, confirmation of permanent residence ( which will be sent to you from Accra when sending back your international passport, at a point, I was also asked for my ticket itinerary( I don't know if they ask everyone). Timosky, I hope this also answers your question.
Thank you so much

Lashen

Nov 1, 2016
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone with experience advise on this?

I am a student in Canada and may qualify for postgraduate work permit after completion early next year. I have a Canadian wife with kids (our own kids). I am contemplating of applying through the outland sponsorship (Accra Visa Office) instead of inland since the former is faster. However, I would like to know whether it will affect my postgraduate work permit application? And assuming interview is waived for the PR application, do I have to travel to the Accra visa office to get pr visa or I can receive pr card when it's approved while in Canada? Thank you for your clarification.

It IS WELL

Star Member
Aug 12, 2016
Hi Lashem, I would suggest you apply in Canada because having a Canadian wife, once you send in your application you will be issued with a work permit pending when your PR will be issued. Remember this is a suggestion, you have the final say.

ikema

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
File Transfer...
March 28, 2016
Med's Done....
November 27, 2015
Passport Req..
October 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 21, 2016
LANDED..........
November 25, 2016
Lashen said:
Hi Everyone,

Can anyone with experience advise on this?

I am a student in Canada and may qualify for postgraduate work permit after completion early next year. I have a Canadian wife with kids (our own kids). I am contemplating of applying through the outland sponsorship (Accra Visa Office) instead of inland since the former is faster. However, I would like to know whether it will affect my postgraduate work permit application? And assuming interview is waived for the PR application, do I have to travel to the Accra visa office to get pr visa or I can receive pr card when it's approved while in Canada? Thank you for your clarification.
Hey Lashen, two options.
1) if you apply for inland sponsorship it will take 24 months to process and get your PR. However, it's advantage is that CIC will give you an open work permit within 4 months of your application so you can work while you are waiting for your PR. It's disadvantage is that you might not be able to travel out of Canada within those 24 months period.
2) the outland application has it's own advantage and disadvantages too. It will be faster for you to get your PR ie 7-10 months period of waiting if your form are well completed and you are confirm eligible to sponsor. AlsoYou have the option of going out and come in. But it's disadvantage is that no work permit for you until you get your PR.
Since you have a potential of getting work permit after your postgraduate, I will suggest you apply for outland application. Your family sponsorship will have nothing to do with your post graduate work permit.
But if you are not sure of the post graduate work permit, inland will be the best option because you can work after 4 months of your application.
CIC web site is a one stop shot you can get more answers your questions.

That is my take.