+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
Beebee2016 said:
Since there is decision made on ecas (sponsor's side) i think that settles it. Maybe they sent it to a wrong email address. On the other side i am not sure you can get AOR without SA. Some of us our AOR mail is the same as our SA mail.
@ Beebee2016....Does it mean you have also NOT received SA letter apart from the AOR?

Beebee2016

Jun 16, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th March 2016
AOR Received.
19th April 2016
Med's Done....
26th April 2016
kwame22 said:
HI GUYS,I did received an email from CIC that states that my application was approved and its been sent to Accra....now should i ask my wife to go for medicals or will i received a email from CIC when it comes to that?please i need to know....below is the email i received from CIC yesterday....
Dear Sir/Madam,
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf of
MY WIFE and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in Accra for further processing. This
visa office was selected based on your relative’s country of nationality and the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above
directly using the “case-specific” enquiries form. This form is found in the “Enquiries” section of the
specific visa office’s link located on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/applywhere.
asp
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
Provincial Requirements for Residents of Quebec
If you are a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the
Provincial Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de l'immigration,
de la diversité et de l'inclusion (MIDI) website at www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca (Sponsors and
Sponsored Persons section). Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIDI at the
address provided in the provincial guide. Do not submit any of the MIDI forms to this office as they will
only be returned to you.
You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your undertaking application to MIDI. If you
received this communication via email, you may print a copy to be enclosed with your undertaking
application to MIDI.
For further information regarding provincial requirements, please contact the Province of Québec
General Inquiries Services at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191.
Requirement for Medical Examination
If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront
Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, email the information directly to the visa office noted above using the “casespecific”
enquiries form (link above) along with a copy of this letter. If you have not already submitted a
medical, your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative
Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés
and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her
application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
If the Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application and you have chosen to defer
payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. A Permanent Resident
Visa cannot be issued to your relative(s) until this payment is submitted.
When should I contact IRCC?
You must notify Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of any changes to your
application. Examples of changes include:
 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family
member, a marriage or a divorce;
 Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
 Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
 Decision to withdraw your application.
You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately.
Please note that CPC Mississauga will not update contact information. Changes to your contact
information should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/changeaddress.
asp. Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of
your application.
Contact Information
For information about IRCC programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file
status, visit our web site at www.cic.gc.ca.
To contact this office and for more information on what to expect next, please refer to the After You
Apply webpage at:
 Spouse, partner, and/or dependant(s): www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp.
 Parent(s) or grandparent(s): www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/pgp-apply-after.asp.
 Other eligible relative(s): www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-after.asp.
How do I check the status of my application?
You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located at the top left of this
correspondence to check the status of your application on the IRCC website. Please visit
www.cic.gc.ca/english and select “Check your application status”.
How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the IRCC website at
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. Please note that, given the high volume of
inquiries submitted to this office and Canadian visa offices abroad, status updates on cases are not
normally provided unless the processing time for a file is longer than the service standards outlined in
the IRCC website.
Sincerely,
Case Processing Centre Mississauga
Jose this is exactly what i received

TemiA

Sep 4, 2014
Hi All, i have a quick question please. We are March applicant and did medical in September. Till date there is nothing online stating that medical was received. We were under the understanding that the medical result will be sent directly by the doctor directly to Ghana, is this accurate? Thank you

labelle

Apr 12, 2016
Hi all, so.. I landed in Canada on Saturday night after a very long trip. I had no issue at all with immigration as every thing went on so smooth. The B4 list ( for goods accompanying me) I took was totally useless as they told me I don't need it if I do not have goods coming after. For those still expecting PPR, I pray u get it so soon and those about to land, don't stress cos meeting with immigration officers, is just d easiest procedure as long as u v d necessary documents. Take care and God bless

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
On Saturday, April 16, 2016 11:15 AM, Do Not Reply - Ne Pas Repondre <Client-update-mise-a-jour@cic.gc.ca> wrote:

Citizenship and Immigration Canada | Citoyenneté et Immigration Canada

UCI: *********
Application No.: ********
Quote these numbers when corresponding with our office.
This is an automated message. Please DO NOT RESPOND to this message.
Dear MY WIFES NAME
This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2016/03/10 on behalf of the following member(s):
MY NAME

When should I contact CIC?
You must notify CIC of any changes to your application. Examples of changes include:
• Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, a marriage or a divorce
• Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number)
• Etc
THIS IS E-MAIL WE RECEIVED ON APRIL 16.....SINCE THEN.....NOTHING

becos

Aug 25, 2016
TemiA said:
Hi All, i have a quick question please. We are March applicant and did medical in September. Till date there is nothing online stating that medical was received. We were under the understanding that the medical result will be sent directly by the doctor directly to Ghana, is this accurate? Thank you
Hi TemiA, I asked the same question last week, people on here said that it might not show up as received until you get PPR, so don't stress. I know other VOs record it received earlier but Accra doesn't seem to. It's definitely there, just they don't show you that in ECAS for a while.

Egwejemu

Sep 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2016
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
14/06/2016
Interview........
not our portion
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Goodmorning guys, pls I have a question , I have been trying to link my application to MYCIC account but it's not letting me bcos I have a lawyer. They said I have to technically dismiss my lawyer before I can link it. Pls has anyone link their applications without dismissing their lawyer? Thanks for Ur reply.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
Egwejemu said:
Goodmorning guys, pls I have a question , I have been trying to link my application to MYCIC account but it's not letting me bcos I have a lawyer. They said I have to technically dismiss my lawyer before I can link it. Pls has anyone link their applications without dismissing their lawyer? Thanks for Ur reply.
Hi Egwejemu, I also have a representative and have not been able to link my account. It is important that they are linked to it instead of us because when there are any requests for documents, etc they can act quickly on our behalf. I know it's frustrating not to be able to see the details in myCIC but I would just ask your lawyer for a monthly status update. Hope that helps.

TemiA

Sep 4, 2014
becos said:
Hi TemiA, I asked the same question last week, people on here said that it might not show up as received until you get PPR, so don't stress. I know other VOs record it received earlier but Accra doesn't seem to. It's definitely there, just they don't show you that in ECAS for a while.
Thank you for your response. I can now rest easy.

Egwejemu

Sep 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25/04/2016
Doc's Request.
none
File Transfer...
14/06/2016
Interview........
not our portion
Passport Req..
Soon
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon

YayaO

Jul 24, 2016
labelle said:
Hi all, so.. I landed in Canada on Saturday night after a very long trip. I had no issue at all with immigration as every thing went on so smooth. The B4 list ( for goods accompanying me) I took was totally useless as they told me I don't need it if I do not have goods coming after. For those still expecting PPR, I pray u get it so soon and those about to land, don't stress cos meeting with immigration officers, is just d easiest procedure as long as u v d necessary documents. Take care and God bless
Hey pls what documents do you need?

ikema

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
File Transfer...
March 28, 2016
Med's Done....
November 27, 2015
Passport Req..
October 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 21, 2016
LANDED..........
November 25, 2016
TemiA said:
Sure, your medical will be sent to CIC direct. If you did your medical September last year, be rest assure that you are going to do it back because it has already been expire. When you are about to get your PPR, AVO we request for new medical report.
If you send your medical receipt along side with your application, there is nothing to worry about. They have received it.

All the best to you as you patiently wait for your PPR.

ikema

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
File Transfer...
March 28, 2016
Med's Done....
November 27, 2015
Passport Req..
October 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 21, 2016
LANDED..........
November 25, 2016
Egwejemu said:

Sorry if I may ask, WHAT IS LAWYER/REPRESENTATIVE function in application?. Are you sure that you are going to have problem with CIC that makes you to get a lawyer/ representation up front?. I think they are of no relevant/use to application at first if your marriage is genuine. and waist of money.

Well I tried to link my application before, I was unable to link it so i just ignore and forget about linking it. Maybe you should try some more time.

Tymosky on the forum can give you idea of how to link the account.

ikema

Star Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
January 17, 2016
AOR Received.
March 11, 2016
File Transfer...
March 28, 2016
Med's Done....
November 27, 2015
Passport Req..
October 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
October 21, 2016
LANDED..........
November 25, 2016
labelle said:
Congrats. I will be landing ending of next month.