Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
HI GUYS,I did received an email from CIC that states that my application was approved and its been sent to Accra....now should i ask my wife to go for medicals or will i received a email from CIC when it comes to that?please i need to know....below is the email i received from CIC yesterday....
Dear Sir/Madam,
This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class you submitted on behalf of
MY WIFE and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. Accordingly, the Application for Permanent
Residence for your relative has been forwarded to the visa office in Accra for further processing. This
visa office was selected based on your relative’s country of nationality and the requirements of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Should you need to submit additional information or make any further enquiries regarding the
Application for Permanent Residence for your relative, you must email the visa office listed above
directly using the “case-specific” enquiries form. This form is found in the “Enquiries” section of the
specific visa office’s link located on this page: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/offices/applywhere.
asp
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.
Provincial Requirements for Residents of Quebec
If you are a resident of the province of Québec, you must submit an undertaking application to the
Provincial Government. To download the required forms, please consult the Ministère de l'immigration,
de la diversité et de l'inclusion (MIDI) website at www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca (Sponsors and
Sponsored Persons section). Complete the required forms and promptly submit them to the MIDI at the
address provided in the provincial guide. Do not submit any of the MIDI forms to this office as they will
only be returned to you.
You must enclose a copy of this correspondence with your undertaking application to MIDI. If you
received this communication via email, you may print a copy to be enclosed with your undertaking
application to MIDI.
For further information regarding provincial requirements, please contact the Province of Québec
General Inquiries Services at 514-864-9191 or 1-877-864-9191.
Requirement for Medical Examination
If your sponsored relative(s) has (have) not already done so, your relative(s) must provide an original
Upfront Medical Report form (IMM1017B UPFRONT) signed by a Panel Physician or an E-Medical Upfront
Medical Notification information sheet. Your relative(s) must complete the medical examination
and, once completed, email the information directly to the visa office noted above using the “casespecific”
enquiries form (link above) along with a copy of this letter. If you have not already submitted a
medical, your application has been transferred to the visa office noting this deficiency. Your relative
Immigration, Refugees Immigration, Réfugiés
and Citizenship Canada et Citoyenneté Canada
Case Processing Centre Mississauga Centre de Traitement des Demandes Mississauga
must forward the medical information directly to the visa office to allow continued processing of his/her
application. Failure to do so will result in delays and possible refusal of your relative's application.
Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF)
If the Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application and you have chosen to defer
payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. A Permanent Resident
Visa cannot be issued to your relative(s) until this payment is submitted.
When should I contact IRCC?
You must notify Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) of any changes to your
application. Examples of changes include:
 Changes in your personal circumstances, such as birth or adoption of a child, death of a family
member, a marriage or a divorce;
 Change of contact information (e-mail, mailing address, telephone number);
 Appointment or change of immigration representative or designated individual;
 Decision to withdraw your application.
You must report any changes to your address, telephone number(s) and email address immediately.
Please note that CPC Mississauga will not update contact information. Changes to your contact
information should be made through our online service at www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/changeaddress.
asp. Failure to provide a current or correct address may result in delays in the processing of
your application.
Contact Information
For information about IRCC programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file
status, visit our web site at www.cic.gc.ca.
To contact this office and for more information on what to expect next, please refer to the After You
Apply webpage at:
 Spouse, partner, and/or dependant(s): www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/spouse-apply-after.asp.
 Parent(s) or grandparent(s): www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/pgp-apply-after.asp.
 Other eligible relative(s): www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/sponsor/relatives-apply-after.asp.
How do I check the status of my application?
You may use your 8-digit Unique Client Identifier (UCI) number located at the top left of this
correspondence to check the status of your application on the IRCC website. Please visit
www.cic.gc.ca/english and select “Check your application status”.
How long will it take to process my application?
Processing times vary. You can consult the processing times by visiting the IRCC website at
www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/perm-fc.asp. Please note that, given the high volume of
inquiries submitted to this office and Canadian visa offices abroad, status updates on cases are not
normally provided unless the processing time for a file is longer than the service standards outlined in
the IRCC website.
Sincerely,
Case Processing Centre Mississauga

jay9132

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014
Accra
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
1/06/2016
Doc's Request.
None
Nomination.....
None
AOR Received.
11/08/2016
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
11/08/ 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27/04/2016
Interview........
weaved
Passport Req..
3/04/ 2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/04/2017
LANDED..........
24/04/2017
if i should remember well,medicals was about 500-600.Not sure but its within the 2range.i advance you tell her to go ahead and get medicals done now to take your own time.

spacepmi

Star Member
Feb 26, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA THEN TRANSFERED TO DAKAR
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2016
AOR Received.
05-05-2016
File Transfer...
20-06-2016
Med's Done....
13-03-2016
She doesn't need any letter to do the medically. All she needs to tell the doctors office is that she is doing an upfront medicals for her permanent resident application and the doctors office will go ahead and do it. She will be given a form confirming she has done it and all she has to do is forward it to immigration either through email, post or both to be on a safer side. Cic will receive the result and update her file accordingly. Hope this answers your question. As for the cost, it varies by the doctors office and it will be best to call them to find out.

boatswife

Star Member
May 5, 2012
Halifax, NS
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2016
Doc's Request.
09 -02-2017 new meds...police..sched A after interview
AOR Received.
12-05-2017
File Transfer...
17-05-2017
Med's Request
19-04-2017...For stepson...This was after PPR!
Med's Done....
11-07-2016 and 14-02-2017
Interview........
08-02-2017
Passport Req..
14-03-2017 sent in via dhl 20-03-17
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2017
Kwame...we recently did our medical...she should go to Iom in Accra..they were roughly 175 cdn...she can then scan them and email to you..then you go on ecas and submit them...its the quickest way...about a week after I submitted them...I emailed Accra and they emailed back confirming they got them..

tender

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04/08/2016
Doc's Request.
My God will defend me
AOR Received.
28/08/2016
File Transfer...
01/09/2016
Med's Done....
14/06/2016
Interview........
Never by the precious blood of God
Passport Req..
This month of may will not pass me
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Please house i greet everyone. I'm august 3rd applicant and visa office accra started processing parmant residentsince on the 19th of sept and I did my medical upfront before submitting my application but on ecas i have not seen the third line which is medical received. Please I'm tensed someone should tell me something.

becos

Aug 25, 2016
tender said:
Please house i greet everyone. I'm august 3rd applicant and visa office accra started processing parmant residentsince on the 19th of sept and I did my medical upfront before submitting my application but on ecas i have not seen the third line which is medical received. Please I'm tensed someone should tell me something.
I asked this question on here just a few days ago, don't worry if the third line doesn't show up now. People said on this thread that it could take months. I, like you, am an August applicant and saw that others in the August outland 2016 group had their third line about the medical show up on ecas almost immediately, but it must just be that Accra doesn't update it as fast as other visa offices. Don't worry about it, people said it might be a long while before it shows up. :)

banana4527

Oct 11, 2015
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
yes I am in your shoe stay calm

momma obasi said:
I hear ya..im a sept 2015 applicant, and im still waiting..I had to send in additional proof of genuine relatinship
and ours couldnt be more genuine...has anyone else thats in my shoes heard back from ghana yet?

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
boatswife said:
Kwame...we recently did our medical...she should go to Iom in Accra..they were roughly 175 cdn...she can then scan them and email to you..then you go on ecas and submit them...its the quickest way...about a week after I submitted them...I emailed Accra and they emailed back confirming they got them..
HELLO BOATSWIFE,CAN SEEMS TO FIND IT ON ECAS AS YOU SAID UNDER WHAT SECTION CAN YOU FIND UPLOAD MEDICAL,PLEASE LET ME KNOW...THANK U

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Good morning Kwame,
please listen up, if she got the medicals done and have d confirmation from d doctor all you need do is the receipt of payment and the confirmation, go on the CSE (case specific enquiry) and email or mail the slips or forms given u by the doctor to either Accra visa office or to Ottawa or Mississauga which is one applicable to you, its very easy and simple, it has nothing to do with eCas.
eCas is only to show you the status or position of your application.
Thank you

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
samola10 said:
Good morning Kwame,
please listen up, if she got the medicals done and have d confirmation from d doctor all you need do is the receipt of payment and the confirmation, go on the CSE (case specific enquiry) and email or mail the slips or forms given u by the doctor to either Accra visa office or to Ottawa or Mississauga which is one applicable to you, its very easy and simple, it has nothing to do with eCas.
eCas is only to show you the status or position of your application.
Thank you
I had the same situation as Kwame if you read you approval letter well, it's stated in it that the medical must be done before the can continue the processing and the information sheet should be send to Accra office not any office. And any enquire con cencerning your application or updates should be send to AVO directly with a copy of the approval letter. So when your wife is going for the medical let her go with a copy of the approval letter. And send a copy of the approval letter with the medical information sheet, that is what the letter says. Cheers!

kwame22

Mar 24, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-September,2016
AOR Received.
15-October,2016
File Transfer...
28-October,2016
gapoha said:
I had the same situation as Kwame if you read you approval letter well, it's stated in it that the medical must be done before the can continue the processing and the information sheet should be send to Accra office not any office. And any enquire con cencerning your application or updates should be send to AVO directly with a copy of the approval letter. So when your wife is going for the medical let her go with a copy of the approval letter. And send a copy of the approval letter with the medical information sheet, that is what the letter says. Cheers!
Thank you very much....also do you know the price medical in Ghana?

becos

Aug 25, 2016
kwame22 said:
We did ours in May and it was about $250 CAD, maybe a bit less. I think at the time it was like 620 GHc.

gapoha

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
9th May, 2016
Doc's Request.
None
AOR Received.
27th May, 2016
File Transfer...
SA, 15th July, 2016
Med's Request
15th July, 2016
Med's Done....
18th July 2016
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
8th Dec. 2016
VISA ISSUED...
17th Jan. 2017
LANDED..........
28th Jan 2017
kwame22 said:
Actually I live in China so did my in China, but my kids are in Ghana so they did theirs there, it cost 360ghs for a child below 11 years, but they are exempted from blood test and X-ray as they are kids. So will cost more for adults.

JOSH717

Oct 26, 2016
I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS THREAD FOR SOME TIME,YOU GUYS ARE GREAT....THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE.I'M MARCH 10TH APPLICANT BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED S.A TILL NOW.I RECEIVED AOR ON 16TH APRIL. ON MY ECAS THEY'VE WRITTEN DECISION MADE( SPONSOR SIDE). MY WIFE LIVES AT MONTREAL (QUEBEC).MEDICALS RECEIVED. IS THIS POSSIBLE?? NO SA SINCE MARCH 10TH?
PLEASE I NEED ADVICE....WHAT COULD BE THE REASON? WHAT IS THE BEST ACTION TO TAKE?THANK YOU ALL

Beebee2016

Jun 16, 2016
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15th March 2016
AOR Received.
19th April 2016
Med's Done....
26th April 2016
JOSH717 said:
I'VE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS THREAD FOR SOME TIME,YOU GUYS ARE GREAT....THANKS FOR YOUR ADVICE.I'M MARCH 10TH APPLICANT BUT HAVE NOT RECEIVED S.A TILL NOW.I RECEIVED AOR ON 16TH APRIL. ON MY ECAS THEY'VE WRITTEN DECISION MADE( SPONSOR SIDE). MY WIFE LIVES AT MONTREAL (QUEBEC).MEDICALS RECEIVED. IS THIS POSSIBLE?? NO SA SINCE MARCH 10TH?
PLEASE I NEED ADVICE....WHAT COULD BE THE REASON? WHAT IS THE BEST ACTION TO TAKE?THANK YOU ALL
Since there is decision made on ecas (sponsor's side) i think that settles it. Maybe they sent it to a wrong email address. On the other side i am not sure you can get AOR without SA. Some of us our AOR mail is the same as our SA mail.