09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Firstlady said:
Ahhhhhhh Lamour is back. Correct........ How was your journey? Hope it was awesome....Lamour how long does it take ur spouse's passport to be returned from Accra. and plz do you know any website for cheap ticket? My hus is coming from saskatchwan to lagos so we can return together, How is is it done?
My ticket to nigeria was about $1350. I actually got it here in Montreal from a travel agent I usually buy from. As you know, ticket depends on the season and the high season is fast approaching. The passport should come back maximum 10 business days. We had delays due to public holidays.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16

lopel

Jan 15, 2016
@ firstlady, try orbitz.com. I always get my ticket from there and its very reliable and mostly reasonable compare to agent and other website..

Firstlady

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-5-2015
AOR Received.
18-6-2015
File Transfer...
13-7-2015 and in process 30th of September 2015
Med's Done....
upfront 9-2-2015
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
23-3-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2016
lopel said:
@ firstlady, try orbitz.com. I always get my ticket from there and its very reliable and mostly reasonable compare to agent and other website..
Thanks dear. Orbitz here i come@ lamour thanks so much.

DonnieO

Mar 27, 2016
Question please.The visa office update my husband file saying they began processing his application on 29th March does this mean, that they are actually working on his application?

Blessed2

Star Member
Mar 8, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 31, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 11, 2016
AOR Received.
October 14, 2015
File Transfer...
October 30, 2015
Med's Done....
November 18, 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
July 18, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
July 28, 2016
LANDED..........
September 8, 2016
nicolemariemac said:
To be honest, I was pretty disappointed with them. Eligibility, security, and criminality all stated "not started" and medical was the only thing passed. A bit frustrating, as I can see the date generated for the notes as one day after I submitted the request, and we ended up finally hearing from the AVO for the first time about two weeks after I had submitted it. They requested a copy of my husband's WAEC, as well as copies of the bio data pages from his passports, so I assume if we had been given a more recently generated copy of notes, it could have offered more insight into our file as to where they are at with it.

The email stated that the new documents would be assessed within 10 days of submission, and final decision would be made based on what was on the file at that time. It's been almost 3 weeks now and I wake up every morning with the hope that the highly anticipated email will be in my inbox...it's become mentally draining to be let down every day. This process is not easy, as we all know...but God will see us through.

Hoping your notes offer some useful insight. All the best.

-Nicole

Thanks. You should get the email soon and I do hope my notes are a bit more encouraging

banana4527

Oct 11, 2015
Visa Office......
ACCRA, GHANA
NOC Code......
N/A
Nomination.....
N/A
IELTS Request
N/A
nicolemariemac said:
To be honest, I was pretty disappointed with them. Eligibility, security, and criminality all stated "not started" and medical was the only thing passed. A bit frustrating, as I can see the date generated for the notes as one day after I submitted the request, and we ended up finally hearing from the AVO for the first time about two weeks after I had submitted it. They requested a copy of my husband's WAEC, as well as copies of the bio data pages from his passports, so I assume if we had been given a more recently generated copy of notes, it could have offered more insight into our file as to where they are at with it.

The email stated that the new documents would be assessed within 10 days of submission, and final decision would be made based on what was on the file at that time. It's been almost 3 weeks now and I wake up every morning with the hope that the highly anticipated email will be in my inbox...it's become mentally draining to be let down every day. This process is not easy, as we all know...but God will see us through.

Hoping your notes offer some useful insight. All the best.

-Nicole

patient is the key to success all is well

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
DonnieO said:
Question please.The visa office update my husband file saying they began processing his application on 29th March does this mean, that they are actually working on his application?
When did you apply?
*Mandie*

drpiro

Feb 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-08-2015
AOR Received.
02-10-2015
IELTS Request
none
File Transfer...
23-10-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
07-08-15
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
20/05/2016
VISA ISSUED...
31/05/2016
LANDED..........
01/08/2016
hi folks.
any news from mamadmama. ..I read her posts and I have been expecting a positive response despite what happened to her spouse

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
DonnieO said:
I applied Feb file was transferred March 10th.
Similar timelines. My ecas is also saying they started processing on March 30. I'm not sure what that actually means. Some people say they got their notes two months after transfer to VO but nothing was started on their file even after the "processing line" on ecas. We only have to wait and see...
*Mandie*

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
drpiro said:
hi folks.
any news from mamadmama. ..I read her posts and I have been expecting a positive response despite what happened to her spouse
She hasn't posted since...wondering what the outcome was too.

*Mandie*

DonnieO

Mar 27, 2016
mandiebraxton said:
Similar timelines. My ecas is also saying they started processing on March 30. I'm not sure what that actually means. Some people say they got their notes two months after transfer to VO but nothing was started on their file even after the "processing line" on ecas. We only have to wait and see...
*Mandie*
Thank you!!

Mokomoko

Feb 3, 2016
drpiro said:
hi folks.
They were denied unfortunately. It's a long story. :(.