+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Ritzy5 said:
Hi Ghanaboy,
Did u go through any interview? And how long did u wait for?
The interview case is sometimes extreme and are relatively to each case filed...no two case are the same so dnt get worried about that....most applicants here in accra thread barely go for interview and for the waiting it depends on the vo and the application but check the site to see the average processing times

Ritzy5

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/11/2015
Doc's Request.
01/11/2016
AOR Received.
29/12/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2016
Med's Request
Re-Med 01/02/2017
Med's Done....
09/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/03/2017
The processing time last year was categoried as per the VO but this year,it's been changed to a general processing time. It's 17 months including 60days of sponsor processing time.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Ritzy5 said:
The processing time last year was categoried as per the VO but this year,it's been changed to a general processing time. It's 17 months including 60days of sponsor processing time.
That is right, but we believe our applications will be faster than that. Even previously when AVO's processing time was around rediculous 18-20 months, people were getting their visas in a matter of 4-8 months. At the same time it took some people 2-3 years to get thier visas.
Interview was mandatory until somewhere around 2012, when AVO started requesting additional docs instead of calling for interview. There are still the odd applications which require an interview if the IO has major concerns (even after the additional docs).

So hang in there, we will all get our visas eventually ;D

*Mandie*

Ritzy5

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/11/2015
Doc's Request.
01/11/2016
AOR Received.
29/12/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2016
Med's Request
Re-Med 01/02/2017
Med's Done....
09/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/03/2017
Woaw thanks a lot.

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Congratulations to you! There are nore PPR coming up on this thread for the next few weeks. I believe they will work on decreasing the processing times. When I started it was 27 months. Then it went to 23. Then 18. Then 16.. 17 universally is progress. Keep the joy going on the tread and God bless you all. LAMOUR: HUGE HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU ESPECIALLY.
CADPt said:
Hello People,

So this is an update on where we are at. Accra received our passports on Monday the 8th and yesterday Tuesday 16, we got an email saying its ready for pick up. We just sent DHL the details today for them to go pick it up. Seems DHL can't get their acts together, lol. They are saying we should get the passports by Monday.

So thats where we are. I leave for Lagos on Monday for a month, and my wife, my daughter and me will be returning together by God's grace.

Cheers guys

CADPt

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
CONGRATULATION DEAREST! I AM VEEEEEERRRRY HAPPY FOR YOU! HURRAY!
Ardnacieso said:
Hello to everyone.... This week I believe good news will flow like a river... I got my passport back with the visa so I'm very excited :D

lovelyn16

Feb 19, 2016
I'm glad that I found this forum. The contributions of the members are so incredible.
I need the urgent help of the expert on this forum pls. Attached (below) is the email I received today from this email: karen.salloum@international.gc.ca
My questions are;
>Has anyone received this kind of email before and what does it mean please?
> The email sound inconclusive to me; should I be expecting a follow up e mail form AVO? What form of action do I need to take now?
My husband filed sponsorship application for me in February 2014
My first Medical expired August 2015 and I redo another one in October 2015
I am panicking now…..

Dear AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

On October 25, 2012, CIC introduced a period of conditional permanent residence for certain spouses and partners.

A sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose application for permanent residence was received by CIC on or after October 25, 2012, is subject to a period of conditional permanent residence under section 72.1 of theImmigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) if they were in a relationship with their sponsor for two years or less and had no children in common with their sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application.

Section 72.1 of the IRPR states the following:

72.1 (1) Subject to subsections (5) and (6), a permanent resident described in subsection (2) is subject to the condition that they must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with their sponsor for a continuous period of two years after the day on which they became a permanent resident.

CIC has determined that you are subject to the condition under section 72.1 of the IRPR and therefore you are required to live together in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for a period of two years after the day on which you become a permanent resident.

EXCEPTIONS:
If one of the following situations applies to you, you may contact CIC to request an exception to the condition:
1. You do not have to stay in the relationship with your sponsor to keep your status in Canada if you are living in a situation of abuse or neglect. Where there is evidence of abuse or neglect by your sponsor or if your sponsor fails to provide protection from abuse or neglect by a person related to your sponsor (even if that person is not living in the household), you may request an exception from the condition.

2. If there is evidence that your sponsor has died during the period of your conditional permanent residence, you may request an exception to the condition.

Sacredheart

Oct 22, 2015
Hello!

This is my first time posting in here,even though my husband and I have been following this thread for a while now, looking at people's timelines so that we could get an idea of what to expect of CIC. I am a Canadian resident sponsoring my Nigerian husband.

Our timeline is as follows:

Applied May 12, 2015
Sponsor approved and application sent to Ghana July 10
Started processing PR application July 22,2015
February 17, 2016 we received an email from Accra requiring further proof of genuine relationship, an updated backround declaration form, plus one more document from Canada(my husband lived there for 4 years as a student).

We are now in the process of gathering all these documents. We have 30 days to send them to Accra. I am not completely surprised by the request of extra proof as my husband and I applied only 5 months after getting married with just my family and a few close friends there as his family couldn't make it to Canada. But in August 2015 I came to Nigeria to stay with him and meet his family. I have been in Nigeria for 6 months now, we have pictures taken at weddings, family birthdays, child dedications, etc. lots of pictures of me with his family, letters of support from them and from my own family back in Canada.

We also celebrated our 1st anniversary here in Nigeria, we had a party with all his family and friends. Also screenshots of social media accounts of members of his family and of my own showing pictures of us with dates and comments of friends going as far back as 2 years or more. We will send copies of my plane tickets, my Nigerian visa, screenshots of our Skype conversation with my mom and dad.

Any ideas of what else we could send?

Sacredheart

Oct 22, 2015
lovelyn16 said:
I'm glad that I found this forum. The contributions of the members are so incredible.
I need the urgent help of the expert on this forum pls. Attached (below) is the email I received today from this email: karen.salloum@international.gc.ca
My questions are;
> The email sound inconclusive to me; should I be expecting a follow up e mail form AVO? What form of action do I need to take now?
I am panicking now…..

Dear AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

On October 25, 2012, CIC introduced a period of conditional permanent residence for certain spouses and partners.

A sponsored spouse, common-law or conjugal partner whose application for permanent residence was received by CIC on or after October 25, 2012, is subject to a period of conditional permanent residence under section 72.1 of theImmigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR) if they were in a relationship with their sponsor for two years or less and had no children in common with their sponsor at the time of the sponsorship application.

72.1 (1) Subject to subsections (5) and (6), a permanent resident described in subsection (2) is subject to the condition that they must cohabit in a conjugal relationship with their sponsor for a continuous period of two years after the day on which they became a permanent resident.

CIC has determined that you are subject to the condition under section 72.1 of the IRPR and therefore you are required to live together in a conjugal relationship with your sponsor for a period of two years after the day on which you become a permanent resident.

EXCEPTIONS:
If one of the following situations applies to you, you may contact CIC to request an exception to the condition:
1. You do not have to stay in the relationship with your sponsor to keep your status in Canada if you are living in a situation of abuse or neglect. Where there is evidence of abuse or neglect by your sponsor or if your sponsor fails to provide protection from abuse or neglect by a person related to your sponsor (even if that person is not living in the household), you may request an exception from the condition.

2. If there is evidence that your sponsor has died during the period of your conditional permanent residence, you may request an exception to the condition.
This is to let you know that once you are approved you must live with your husband for 2 years as a condition of your Permanent Resident status.

My guess is Passport request is on it's way to you. :D

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Sacredheart said:
Hello!

This is my first time posting in here,even though my husband and I have been following this thread for a while now, looking at people's timelines so that we could get an idea of what to expect of CIC. I am a Canadian resident sponsoring my Nigerian husband.

Our timeline is as follows:

Applied May 12, 2015
Sponsor approved and application sent to Ghana July 10
Started processing PR application July 22,2015
February 17, 2016 we received an email from Accra requiring further proof of genuine relationship, an updated backround declaration form, plus one more document from Canada(my husband lived there for 4 years as a student).

We are now in the process of gathering all these documents. We have 30 days to send them to Accra. I am not completely surprised by the request of extra proof as my husband and I applied only 5 months after getting married with just my family and a few close friends there as his family couldn't make it to Canada. But in August 2015 I came to Nigeria to stay with him and meet his family. I have been in Nigeria for 6 months now, we have pictures taken at weddings, family birthdays, child dedications, etc. lots of pictures of me with his family, letters of support from them and from my own family back in Canada.

We also celebrated our 1st anniversary here in Nigeria, we had a party with all his family and friends. Also screenshots of social media accounts of members of his family and of my own showing pictures of us with dates and comments of friends going as far back as 2 years or more. We will send copies of my plane tickets, my Nigerian visa, screenshots of our Skype conversation with my mom and dad.

Any ideas of what else we could send?
Letters attesting to the gunuineness of the relationshio from both families and friends could help. If your spouse is a beneficiary to your pension/insurance policy, savings,(and vice versa) you could add that as well. Anything from federal/provincial gov agnecy stating your marital status such as CRA will be a plus too. I believe all will be well with you. Hope you will post after the interview. All the best!
*Mandie*

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
ghanaboy2 said:
Dont get worried about the mdeicals....if the new one gets to their destination they will update it...at the time of making decision if there is no valid medical record on ur file they will request for one which will take few weeks to be updated so relax...at the moment it appears medicals done upfront is just a waste of money though as applications decisions are made after a year and medical records are not able to stand to that time but in anaycase i have made the point already so keep on the watch
Personally, If I knew what I know now we would have done our Medicals after SA. Medicals is really not needed in the beginning of the application. Doing it way in advance cuts into the time and expenses. Ours expired since December and we haven't been asked yet to redo it.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
BENESTEL said:
Congratulations to you! There are nore PPR coming up on this thread for the next few weeks. I believe they will work on decreasing the processing times. When I started it was 27 months. Then it went to 23. Then 18. Then 16.. 17 universally is progress. Keep the joy going on the tread and God bless you all. LAMOUR: HUGE HUGS AND KISSES TO YOU ESPECIALLY.
Thanks, Hugs and kisses to you too Dearie. We are waiting patiently while I excited to head off next month.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
lovelyn16 said:
My questions are;
I am panicking now…..

Dear AAAAAAAAAAAAAA

EXCEPTIONS:

Welcome to the thread and Congratulations in advance.
PPR in few days.