+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
nicolemariemac said:
Hello!

I just came across this website tonight after looking for some answers online in terms of what/when I should be expecting to hear ANYTHING regarding my application to sponsor my husband. Happy to read the stories here and see all of the support and advice being offered! A little background - I met my husband in 2009 volunteering in Ghana, we've been in a relationship since 2013 and married as of December 18, 2015. Our application for family sponsorship was received on June 12, 2015. I received an email from CIC with our UCI and application number on July 17, 2015, and they started processing my husband's application on August 21, 2015. From that time, it was indicated that the medical results had been received, and nothing has changed since then. The application is still "in progress" and I check religiously, hoping to find any indication that someone is looking at our application! From what I understand reading some of the posts on here, the next thing we should expect is a request for an interview...or a request for his passport...? Please correct me if I am wrong! I had assumed they would be asking questions or something through the process, but it's been 6 months now with no word, which is why I sought some answers online tonight. Our circumstances took a little change just recently - I finished nursing school in the spring and went to spend 6 months with hubby since I knew I wouldn't have a chance to go back anytime soon now that I have to write my registration exam and get a job here. I came home to a bit of surprise - I discovered I was pregnant 3 weeks after returning home. Not planned, as we would have hoped to spend the pregnancy of our first child together, but God has a bigger plan, I guess. I took this information to my MP office, with a letter from my doctor indicating the positive pregnancy result through blood work. I don't anticipate this will change the time frame, but it sure does make us anxious to be back together again! He has already missed the first ultrasound and is pretty bummed about that. Anyways, thanks for listening :) lol. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and the best of luck to all of you here going through the same. It isn't easy, but I always tell myself months of waiting will look like nothing compared to a lifetime of together!
[/quote

Your situation is interesting but there is nothing tp worry about except a little wait time of not less than a year when application is filed.....however ,each situation differes as some may get passport request within 10 months....

About the pregnancy..if no additional information to authenticate ur relationship is requested,there you go....but if its requested then you have more proof so hung in there and be quick to draw some encouragement from here whiles u share with others the joy from the long wait in that case u too may have some inspirations to benefit urself but for now ur application is very young so expect something somewhere in august september

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
nicolemariemac said:
Hello!

I just came across this website tonight after looking for some answers online in terms of what/when I should be expecting to hear ANYTHING regarding my application to sponsor my husband. Happy to read the stories here and see all of the support and advice being offered! A little background - I met my husband in 2009 volunteering in Ghana, we've been in a relationship since 2013 and married as of December 18, 2015. Our application for family sponsorship was received on June 12, 2015. I received an email from CIC with our UCI and application number on July 17, 2015, and they started processing my husband's application on August 21, 2015. From that time, it was indicated that the medical results had been received, and nothing has changed since then. The application is still "in progress" and I check religiously, hoping to find any indication that someone is looking at our application! From what I understand reading some of the posts on here, the next thing we should expect is a request for an interview...or a request for his passport...? Please correct me if I am wrong! I had assumed they would be asking questions or something through the process, but it's been 6 months now with no word, which is why I sought some answers online tonight. Our circumstances took a little change just recently - I finished nursing school in the spring and went to spend 6 months with hubby since I knew I wouldn't have a chance to go back anytime soon now that I have to write my registration exam and get a job here. I came home to a bit of surprise - I discovered I was pregnant 3 weeks after returning home. Not planned, as we would have hoped to spend the pregnancy of our first child together, but God has a bigger plan, I guess. I took this information to my MP office, with a letter from my doctor indicating the positive pregnancy result through blood work. I don't anticipate this will change the time frame, but it sure does make us anxious to be back together again! He has already missed the first ultrasound and is pretty bummed about that. Anyways, thanks for listening :) lol. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks in advance, and the best of luck to all of you here going through the same. It isn't easy, but I always tell myself months of waiting will look like nothing compared to a lifetime of together!

Congrats on the good news dear, this process is a waiting game. Patience is key, and you don't have to keep checking your ECAS, lol, we use to do the same thing. As long as you have done what is required for the application, you will be fine. Hang in there!!

nicolemariemac

Feb 15, 2016
Stratford, Ontario, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-06-2015
AOR Received.
17-07-2015
File Transfer...
13-08-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
27-02-2015 Remedicals requested 18-04-2016 and completed 20-04-2016
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
25-04-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-05-2016
Thanks for the responses I've already received :) I have gotten pretty good at the patience thing, so I will continue on with that patience, positivity, and prayers. Definitely glad I found this forum though. Also, just noticed I made a mistake in my initial post, we were married in 2014 - oops! Positive vibes to everyone!

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Ardnacieso said:
Hello to everyone.... This week I believe good news will flow like a river... I got my passport back with the visa so I'm very excited :D
I'm excited for you too. Congratulations.....

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
nicolemariemac said:
Thanks for the responses I've already received :) I have gotten pretty good at the patience thing, so I will continue on with that patience, positivity, and prayers. Definitely glad I found this forum though. Also, just noticed I made a mistake in my initial post, we were married in 2014 - oops! Positive vibes to everyone!
Welcome to the thread @nicloemariemac
Big congratulations to you, your husband and your family at large for the GOODNEWS. May your application speed up so your husband will be here for you and the growing baby.
All the best.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
My heart sinks when I try to locate the Accra thread and it is way down at the bottom :(
Hoping more people will get PPR before the week ends.
*Mandie*

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Hello People,

So this is an update on where we are at. Accra received our passports on Monday the 8th and yesterday Tuesday 16, we got an email saying its ready for pick up. We just sent DHL the details today for them to go pick it up. Seems DHL can't get their acts together, lol. They are saying we should get the passports by Monday.

So thats where we are. I leave for Lagos on Monday for a month, and my wife, my daughter and me will be returning together by God's grace.

Cheers guys

CADPt

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
CADPt said:
Hello People,

So this is an update on where we are at. Accra received our passports on Monday the 8th and yesterday Tuesday 16, we got an email saying its ready for pick up. We just sent DHL the details today for them to go pick it up. Seems DHL can't get their acts together, lol. They are saying we should get the passports by Monday.

So thats where we are. I leave for Lagos on Monday for a month, and my wife, my daughter and me will be returning together by God's grace.

Cheers guys

CADPt
That's a start! Congrats!!

*Mandie*

Destinyba

Sep 28, 2015
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
File Transfer...
Went in process Oct 9th 2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
None will be requested additional info requested Feb 1st
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
He is on the way
Hi mandiebraxton,

They did not say what they wanted. They just said that i should provide additional documentation. I have sent so much additional docs....I'm not sure what they want at this point. I'm just praying that it's enough. They gave me 30 days.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Destinyba said:
Hi mandiebraxton,

They did not say what they wanted. They just said that i should provide additional documentation. I have sent so much additional docs....I'm not sure what they want at this point. I'm just praying that it's enough. They gave me 30 days.
Take heart my dear, you will be getting PPR soon.

*Mandie*

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Hello my people,
please this is what I have oooo

We received your application to sponsor xxxxxx on November 23, 2015.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 20, 2016.

We started processing your application on January 19, 2016.

please does it mean they start to work on 19th January, 2016?
Bcos other applicants from November I blv had got SA and files transferred to their various visa offices but mine still at CIC Mississauga office and it really got me so worried.

Please bcos I read now sponsor assessment is 60 days from when they received it or when they start to process it.

Does anyone get this type of email...??

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
samola10 said:
Hello my people,
please this is what I have oooo

We received your application to sponsor xxxxxx on November 23, 2015.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on January 20, 2016.

We started processing your application on January 19, 2016.

please does it mean they start to work on 19th January, 2016?
Bcos other applicants from November I blv had got SA and files transferred to their various visa offices but mine still at CIC Mississauga office and it really got me so worried.

Please bcos I read now sponsor assessment is 60 days from when they received it or when they start to process it.

Does anyone get this type of email...??
So from what I gleaned from the 'New In Process' thread, when a processing start date appears, then it means you have passed the eligibility. Perhaps they sent you SA through postl, or have you checked your spam mail? Hopefully your next line will be Medicals have been received - that is pretty much done deal ;D
Why not call CPC-Miss?
Check this thread for some insight on this
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/old-in-process-vs-new-in-process-on-ecas-explained-t363793.0.html
*Mandie*

samola10

Jan 17, 2016
Lagos
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
23-11-2015
Doc's Request.
06-09-2016
AOR Received.
20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Thank you Mandie...
My spouse and I had called more than 10 times but still they say they still doing background nd some checks on my wife since she is the sponsor nd the call center agent really dont have much to tell us than that they will send am email to the office for update.

Am getting tired now about the process...no SA yet

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
samola10 said:
Thank you Mandie...
My spouse and I had called more than 10 times but still they say they still doing background nd some checks on my wife since she is the sponsor nd the call center agent really dont have much to tell us than that they will send am email to the office for update.

Hang in there, I believe you will hear something soon.

*Mandie*

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
samola10 said:
Thank you Mandie...

You really need to take it easy and stop getting yourself worked up. They will contact you when they have finished doing their work and as long as you are still within the processing times put up on their website, you won't get anything much out of calling CPC all the time, the call centre agents can't do nada. So I suggest you take it easy, enjoy your life and spend time talking to your spouse.

Cheers