20-01-2016
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
06-04-2016
Med's Request
29-11-2016 done re-medical and will be sent to accra by doctor
Med's Done....
24-07-2015, medical now confirmed passed on 22-04-2016. Thank God, 07-10-2016 schedule A, additional family information, police certificate Nigeria nd Uk nd kids medicals requested nd all submitted
Interview........
not my portion IJN, on the 05/01/2017 eCas show decision made... Thank God, journey almost completed.
Passport Req..
soon
Thank you CADpt,
good advice....though not easy....lol

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
samola10 said:
Thank you CADpt,
good advice....though not easy....lol
I feel you dear, I was at this point too when we started. After a while, we just stopped checking and just prayed and prayed and a lot of traveling too. Just remember "delay is not denial"

cheers

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
CADPt said:
I feel you dear, I was at this point too when we started. After a while, we just stopped checking and just prayed and prayed and a lot of traveling too. Just remember "delay is not denial"

cheers
I believe waiting is the hardest part of the application process. I still look back and wondered how I survived almost 2.5 years of FSW.

Anyway still waiting, like CADPt said, delay is not denial.

*Mandie*

Ikecanada

Sep 30, 2015
Hamilton Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Acrra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/July /2015
Doc's Request.
3/July /2015
Nomination.....
N/a
AOR Received.
29/September /2015
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
29/9/2015
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
12/12/2014
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
Very soon
CADPt said:

cheers

Hi Guys , Please I need little explanation (help) here, i put in an application for my wife since July 015, i received a letter few weeks afterwards stating that her file has been moved to overseas that i met the eligibility to sponsor her . I noticed that we have only 3 lines on her ecas which does not include "Medical received" , the below is all we have there. I need to know if this is normal as it seems to me that most people have "Medical received" on their Ecas. Although the medical we submitted has only 4 months live span , meaning it expired 4 months after the application was submitted. though we re-did a new one while it was expiring and re-sended it back to them.

We received your application to sponsor XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX on July 3, 2015.

Dependents listed on the application are: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 6, 2015.
We started processing your application on August 5, 2015.

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Ikecanada said:
Hi Guys , Please I need little explanation (help) here, i put in an application for my wife since July 015, i received a letter few weeks afterwards stating that her file has been moved to overseas that i met the eligibility to sponsor her . I noticed that we have only 3 lines on her ecas which does not include "Medical received" , the below is all we have there. I need to know if this is normal as it seems to me that most people have "Medical received" on their Ecas. Although the medical we submitted has only 4 months live span , meaning it expired 4 months after the application was submitted. though we re-did a new one while it was expiring and re-sended it back to them.

We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 6, 2015.
Dont get worried about the mdeicals....if the new one gets to their destination they will update it...at the time of making decision if there is no valid medical record on ur file they will request for one which will take few weeks to be updated so relax...at the moment it appears medicals done upfront is just a waste of money though as applications decisions are made after a year and medical records are not able to stand to that time but in anaycase i have made the point already so keep on the watch

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Ikecanada said:

Your file is following a natural course; there is nothing to be alarmed about. The medical recievied line will appear in due course...remember once the file is transferred to the various VOs, the comparison stops. And I believe a lot of people on this thread can tell you why :(
Wish you all the best.
*Mandie*

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
ghanaboy2 said:
Dont get worried about the mdeicals....if the new one gets to their destination they will update it...at the time of making decision if there is no valid medical record on ur file they will request for one which will take few weeks to be updated so relax...at the moment it appears medicals done upfront is just a waste of money though as applications decisions are made after a year and medical records are not able to stand to that time but in anaycase i have made the point already so keep on the watch
I disagree with you about upfront medical being a waste of money. There is only a tiny percentage who needed to redo medical. Again, AVO has in some cases expedited the visa issuance when medical is about to expire so that the applicant can travel within specific time. And if you notice average processing time is under one year. I know there are a few people have passed that one year mark. I do hope they get their PPR soonest.
*Mandie*

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
mandiebraxton said:
I disagree with you about upfront medical being a waste of money. There is only a tiny percentage who needed to redo medical. Again, AVO has in some cases expedited the visa issuance when medical is about to expire so that the applicant can travel within specific time. And if you notice average processing time is under one year. I know there are a few people have passed that one year mark. I do hope they get their PPR soonest.
*Mandie*

Check back ur archives and verify from cic.gc.ca that just few weeks ago processing times was updated so it does not apply to those who have gotten their DM before the update which is logical but current applicants....mind u that every immigration changes applies to those yet to recieve decision made be it citizenship or pr and that is why thoss who landed before the new upgrading of number of days to recide in canada before apply for citizenship are affected too not just those yet to land

Hope it helps

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
ghanaboy2 said:
Check back ur archives and verify from cic.gc.ca that just few weeks ago processing times was updated so it does not apply to those who have gotten their DM before the update which is logical but current applicants....mind u that every immigration changes applies to those yet to recieve decision made be it citizenship or pr and that is why thoss who landed before the new upgrading of number of days to recide in canada before apply for citizenship are affected too not just those yet to land

Hope it helps
My post is specific to AVO and the trend as per Accra thread...I am not refering to the 17 months processing time on CIC website. Thanks
*Mandie*

Ritzy5

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/11/2015
Doc's Request.
01/11/2016
AOR Received.
29/12/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2016
Med's Request
Re-Med 01/02/2017
Med's Done....
09/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/03/2017
Good day guys.My husband who is a Canadian got an approval to sponsor me just some few days ago in this month of February and it was stated in the letter that the file will be forwarded to the Accra office.
So my golden question is, what's the process that I will have to undergo as the applicant. Secondly is anyone's file been forwarded to Accra Office in this month? Thanks

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Ritzy5 said:
Good day guys.My husband who is a Canadian got an approval to sponsor me just some few days ago in this month of February and it was stated in the letter that the file will be forwarded to the Accra office.
So my golden question is, what's the process that I will have to undergo as the applicant. Secondly is anyone's file been forwarded to Accra Office in this month? Thanks
Ritzy5 said:
There is nothing much you can do than to wait for accra office to contact....its a bit of waiting process but u surely will get through it....we all did before landing

All the best

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Hello: I have to agree with Mandie. I am in that category. We did the medicals upfront and we were not told to redo them. Actually the moment we sent an email to them to say that the medicals were about to expire, quoted what we spent on them, and advised we didn't want to do it again, they accelerated the process and gave us a deadline to travel so we remain in the timeframe. The other benefit of doing it upfront is that all you are waiting for is the PPR. There is no stress about medicals later on which will delay the whole thing by 6 weeks because Ottawa doesn't post the results for 6 weeks. My candid advice: Do it upfront. You gonna spend the money anyway. Might as well do it from the get go.
mandiebraxton said:
*Mandie*

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
BENESTEL said:
Hello: I have to agree with Mandie. I am in that category. We did the medicals upfront and we were not told to redo them. Actually the moment we sent an email to them to say that the medicals were about to expire, quoted what we spent on them, and advised we didn't want to do it again, they accelerated the process and gave us a deadline to travel so we remain in the timeframe. The other benefit of doing it upfront is that all you are waiting for is the PPR. There is no stress about medicals later on which will delay the whole thing by 6 weeks because Ottawa doesn't post the results for 6 weeks. My candid advice: Do it upfront. You gonna spend the money anyway. Might as well do it from the get go.
My point is...the current processing time is not same as when you filed your application...the current time is more than a year....i also encouraged uofront years ago as it sped processing but its different now...anyway do we work at cic...? We only talking from our individual experiences so no one could be wrong base on their experiences after all we all have dealt with cic

goalkb

Aug 30, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
Med's Done....
End of October
SenoritaBella said:
From appeal cases I;ve read, it's seems visa officers are very interested in how the relationship develops which could explain why they are asking for correspondence from 2012 (when your relationship began?). It's possible to download your facebook data - if you click on "account settings" on facebook, you will see "download your facebook data", click on it and it takes about 5 - 10mins and the information will be sent to your email.

You will get all messages between you and your friends, so you will need to copy and paste the relevant conversations between you and your husband in a word document.

Lastly, if the letter you have written to immigration is about your relationship, be sure it is consistent with your husband's letter before sending it to the visa office.
hi senorita,

I applied under CEC, in recent gcms notes VO has mentioned a concern that my LOE is obtained from abroad (same company). Rest all looks good. Could you please help me on this.

I am intra company transferee, worked in Canada and left the Canada then applied under old CEC after a year and got the LOE from company in abroad. This seems to be the only concern for VO now.

letter states all the information except salary, VO happy with main duties and NOC code. I have attached my recent revision letter in Canada and there is no issue with mentioning salary.
provide your valuable suggestion on this.
I am worried that, i will get a request from other VO to provide additional documents to support the roles and responsibilities.
I could not able to get one from this employer now, as i already left the organization few months back.

Ritzy5

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05/11/2015
Doc's Request.
01/11/2016
AOR Received.
29/12/2015
File Transfer...
02/02/2016
Med's Request
Re-Med 01/02/2017
Med's Done....
09/07/2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01/02/2017
VISA ISSUED...
10/03/2017
Hi Ghanaboy,
Did u go through any interview? And how long did u wait for?