Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Thank you so much Lamour, Mamadimama, Whitelion and Ardnacieso. God is with us all on this thread. Testimonies abound this month and Miracles will happen. This journey taught me a lot about the power of encouragement and sticking together. Anyhow it is, we win. Olorvi, a friend just did an appeal, the lawyer told him they will be done in April. It took him 5.5 months.
lamour said:
Félicitations
Thank you too for all your encouragement and support on this thread.
Enjoy your marriage my dear.

mamadmama

Star Member
Sep 29, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
February 13th 2015
Doc's Request.
May 1st 2015..(Received May 20th 2015)
AOR Received.
April 8th 2015 ( sponsorship)
File Transfer...
June 4th (Decision made for SA)
Med's Request
May 1st upfront medical & more document
Med's Done....
June 12th 2015,Ecas changed to in process in Sept 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none,October 13th,requested for updated IMMM 0008 4& sponsor PIF,sent on Friday 16th.Package received on the 20th by AVO
Passport Req..
xxx
Ardnacieso said:
Hello madammama I think you have to take any letter u have receive from AVO Ghana... And also your file number
Thanks.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
oh come on AVO, we need more PPR news! I know I have a long way to go as I just filed my application, but my heart rejoices when I see others getting PPR. I pray that all those waiting patiently will hear something soonest.

*Mandie*

olorvi

Nov 4, 2015
BENESTEL said:
Thank you so much Lamour, Mamadimama, Whitelion and Ardnacieso. God is with us all on this thread. Testimonies abound this month and Miracles will happen. This journey taught me a lot about the power of encouragement and sticking together. Anyhow it is, we win. Olorvi, a friend just did an appeal, the lawyer told him they will be done in April. It took him 5.5 months.
Congratulations, Benestel I am very happy for you... I was told that an appeal will take anywhere from a year to a year and a half to even be heard.. and it is making me sad and heartbroken to think that it will take that long.. my relationship is genuine and the Lord knows it is too!
I still cannot believe how that woman was with my husband, her rudeness and total disrespect. I sent the appeal papers in an hour after I received the refusal from that so called VO. I just hope that it will not take as long as they said. I requested an ADR hearing and I have also filed a complaint against the VO that "interviewed" my husband. Was your friends appeal done in Toronto? That is where mine will be! I do plan to go over to Ghana to see my husband soon, I miss him so much....
:(

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
olorvi said:
Congratulations, Benestel I am very happy for you... I was told that an appeal will take anywhere from a year to a year and a half to even be heard.. and it is making me sad and heartbroken to think that it will take that long.. my relationship is genuine and the Lord knows it is too!
I still cannot believe how that woman was with my husband, her rudeness and total disrespect. I sent the appeal papers in an hour after I received the refusal from that so called VO. I just hope that it will not take as long as they said. I requested an ADR hearing and I have also filed a complaint against the VO that "interviewed" my husband. Was your friends appeal done in Toronto? That is where mine will be! I do plan to go over to Ghana to see my husband soon, I miss him so much....
I am so happy you have filed a complaint. No one deserves to be treated in such as disrespectful manner. I wish you all the best.

*Mandie*

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Hello my dear. You WILL win. Don't be dejected and discouraged. I know it's not as easy as said but believe me, having a cheered attitude is 50% of the battle won. Take cue from Lamour. She has a fantastic attitude, helping all of us though she is still waiting. Your case is not a desperate case and I know you WILL win. The appeal time they gave you is a time frame. Just like they say 18 months on the website yet they are done in an average of 8 to 10 months. Just concentrate on preparing. Concentrate on presenting an impeccable case that they CANNOT deny. Then when you pray, believe in your prayer. Pray and be happy with God's response and rejoice. If you pray to God then come and lament here, you have canceled your prayer. We are here for you! We will help all we can. We will pray with you and encourage all we can. Just ask! Take heart! You are winning!
olorvi said:

Mokomoko

Feb 3, 2016
Hello benestel.Congratulation for both you and your husband.hope you will invite us to cerebrate. Now my Q is, when your husband got visas, was the medical still valid or expired.did he have to do the interview?thank you for sharing.

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Thanks! The rice is cooking and the champagne is ready to be popped! So come on over! Actually the medicals are valid till February 20, 2016. We received the PPR 5 weeks before the expiry of the medicals. They called us to ask if he can travel by February 19, 2016 and we said yes so they issued the Visa on January 21, 2016 to expire on February 20, 2016. He got here before the time so we were good.
Mokomoko said:
Hello benestel.Congratulation for both you and your husband.hope you will invite us to cerebrate. Now my Q is, when your husband got visas, was the medical still valid or expired.did he have to do the interview?thank you for sharing.

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
olorvi said:
Actually i remeber telling you that the appeal takes longer time than gathering all documents and refiling.....after the long wait to be heard....the visa is not issued right away....it still goes through finalisation...in any case take heart and be strong...all that matters is to make ur case rich think of visiting your hubby once or twice...spend about a month or 2 with him...take more pictures...passionate ones if there are remittances keep the reciepts well for further proof....all the best

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Also, I have over packed the application. I had so much evidence, they had no choice but to see it's real. I left no stones unturned. We had 220 pictures of all sorts, from traditional wedding pics, to the white wedding, outings, I even took pics of him when he was sleeping so they understand we were in the same bed. I had 5 plane tickets and boarding passes in there that covered a span of 3 years, wedding expenses and vendors receipts and dialogues with us. Wedding gown receipts, emails of us arguing at times and statutory declarations from friends all over. I had 82 pages of phone records and kept all Western Union, MoneyGram and World Remit receipt. (So i am quite surprised at what the lady said to Olorvi's husband. She seems to have personal issues with the case) Also showed money going to our joint account at the bank in Nigeria. I put pages of our passports stamped as we crossed borders for our traditional weddings in Ghana and in Togo. As such there was no interview as there was nothing to question us about. Last but not least: we fasted and prayed like there is no tomorrow. At a point at fasted for 21 days with no food whatsoever. Just water and natural apple juice and cranberry juice. I had lost 13 pounds in just 1 week from that fast. We would pray together twice daily for 1 hr. And then we kept flooding the altar in church with seeds. Every opportunity we had to give, we both went to our respective churches with a fat cheque as offering unto the Lord. I am taking about $250, $500, $1000 at the time. We kept saying what we wanted and declaring victory, refusing to fear and feeding our faith solid with faith filled words. And kept bombarding ourselves with pastor Chris Oyakhilome's messages everyday. We deleted any friend that came with fear or doubt and surrounded ourselves with folks that were speaking consistently with our victory. We understood we had to handle AVO from the Spirit realm with God, to avoid them misbehaving towards us in the physical realm. And here we are today. Why did I share all this? Because I hope it encouraged others and they see that with God: ANYTHING is possible and you are responsible for your results by the things you say.
Mokomoko said:

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
BENESTEL said:
Also, I have over packed the application. I had so much evidence, they had no choice but to see it's real. I left no stones unturned. We had 220 pictures of all sorts, from traditional wedding pics, to the white wedding, outings, I even took pics of him when he was sleeping so they understand we were in the same bed. I had 5 plane tickets and boarding passes in there that covered a span of 3 years, wedding expenses and vendors receipts and dialogues with us. Wedding gown receipts, emails of us arguing at times and statutory declarations from friends all over. I had 82 pages of phone records and kept all Western Union, MoneyGram and World Remit receipt. (So i am quite surprised at what the lady said to Olorvi's husband. She seems to have personal issues with the case) Also showed money going to our joint account at the bank in Nigeria. I put pages of our passports stamped as we crossed borders for our traditional weddings in Ghana and in Togo. As such there was no interview as there was nothing to question us about. Last but not least: we fasted and prayed like there is no tomorrow. At a point at fasted for 21 days with no food whatsoever. Just water and natural apple juice and cranberry juice. I had lost 13 pounds in just 1 week from that fast. We would pray together twice daily for 1 hr. And then we kept flooding the altar in church with seeds. Every opportunity we had to give, we both went to our respective churches with a fat cheque as offering unto the Lord. I am taking about $250, $500, $1000 at the time. We kept saying what we wanted and declaring victory, refusing to fear and feeding our faith solid with faith filled words. And kept bombarding ourselves with pastor Chris Oyakhilome's messages everyday. We deleted any friend that came with fear or doubt and surrounded ourselves with folks that were speaking consistently with our victory. We understood we had to handle AVO from the Spirit realm with God, to avoid them misbehaving towards us in the physical realm. And here we are today. Why did I share all this? Because I hope it encouraged others and they see that with God: ANYTHING is possible and you are responsible for your results by the things you say.
Wow...Congratutions once again! With God nothing is impossible! Enjoy your lives together

*Mandie*

olorvi

Nov 4, 2015
I just called my MP's office and I was told that they contacted CIC and there is nothing they can do about the way my husband was interviewed. I should wait until I have my appeal hearing and bring up my concerns then. Wow... really I asked the MP to help me. I did not ask them to call CIC to inquire. Of course CIC will just say that. They are not going to do anything. So I should sit here until I get a hearing and the MP that I voted for will do nothing to help me. Wondering why I even bothered to vote!

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
"The Group Orientation (GO) session under Planning for Canada is a one-day pre-departure orientation session, free of charge, for selected Nigerian Economic and Family Class immigrants, provided by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and funded by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Planning for Canada also provides personalized planning sessions on career and settlement goals.

Please note that attendance to the Planning for Canada training sessions is only for selected immigrants aged 18 years and above.

To access and complete the registration form, please click on the link http://www.planningforcanada.ca/

Please note that it is important that you fill out your information in all the boxes provided on the registration form.
For further information on Planning for Canada sessions
please call +234 816 754 8994 or send an email to coanigeria@iom.int<mailto:coanigeria@iom.int>

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that this invitation to participate in an orientation session is not a guarantee or an indicator that your immigration application will be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa. If you have already registered or attended the COA pre-departure orientation session, or if you are already in Canada, please disregard this email."

Did anyone else get this email? My wife got this earlier today, I remember doing something similar when I was in the UK too.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
CADPt said:
"The Group Orientation (GO) session under Planning for Canada is a one-day pre-departure orientation session, free of charge, for selected Nigerian Economic and Family Class immigrants, provided by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and funded by Immigration Refugees and Citizenship Canada.
Planning for Canada also provides personalized planning sessions on career and settlement goals.

Please note that attendance to the Planning for Canada training sessions is only for selected immigrants aged 18 years and above.

To access and complete the registration form, please click on the link http://www.planningforcanada.ca/

Please note that it is important that you fill out your information in all the boxes provided on the registration form.
For further information on Planning for Canada sessions
please call +234 816 754 8994 or send an email to coanigeria@iom.int<mailto:coanigeria@iom.int>

IMPORTANT NOTE: Please note that this invitation to participate in an orientation session is not a guarantee or an indicator that your immigration application will be successful or that you will receive an immigrant visa. If you have already registered or attended the COA pre-departure orientation session, or if you are already in Canada, please disregard this email."

Did anyone else get this email? My wife got this earlier today, I remember doing something similar when I was in the UK too.
CONGRATS!!! This is a prelude to PPR. I am so happy for you! Others have received similar e-mails before PPR.
*Mandie*

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
mandiebraxton said:
CONGRATS!!! This is a prelude to PPR. I am so happy for you! Others have received similar e-mails before PPR.
*Mandie*
thanks Mandie, the email came after PPR! was just wondering if anyone else got this after PPR?