+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

LastOnesLeft

Nov 12, 2015
Hello please i need help on some few question, i am currently loving in canada with my spouse she's born in canada, and i am from Nigeria but would like to apply outland.

1. i have been in Canada for 2 years now an still here, do i need police clearance from canada or nigeria?
2. do i need both my WEAC result and high school or any and why is that applicable to me
3. while filling the form the checklist should i thick or leave blank the one not applicable to me?
4. addition Sheet added for additional information or photocopy document should i sign it

and if any body have any addition information to give to me would really appreciate cause i am during my upfront medical feb 3 so would send down my application feb 4.

inHisowntime

Star Member
Jun 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra VO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 19, 2015
File Transfer...
March 17, 2015 went "In process" Sept 7, 2015
Med's Done....
11-11-2014
Passport Req..
Oct. 6, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
AVO rec. PP Oct. 9, 2015 & Visa Issued Oct. 19
LANDED..........
Landed Oct 25. Glory be to the Most High
LastOnesLeft said:
Hello please i need help on some few question, i am currently loving in canada with my spouse she's born in canada, and i am from Nigeria but would like to apply outland.

1. i have been in Canada for 2 years now an still here, do i need police clearance from canada or nigeria?
2. do i need both my WEAC result and high school or any and why is that applicable to me
3. while filling the form the checklist should i thick or leave blank the one not applicable to me?
4. addition Sheet added for additional information or photocopy document should i sign it

and if any body have any addition information to give to me would really appreciate cause i am during my upfront medical feb 3 so would send down my application feb 4.
- I believe you will need a police cert. from Nigeria. I think you will need one for anywhere you have lived for more than 6 months since your 18th birthday

- if you can get your WAEC results slip that will be a good way to establish your historical identity. CIC may request a copy to ensure that the name on your WAEC slips matches the name in your passport.

- No, you do not leave any page blank. Simply put N/A if it does not apply to you

-I will advise that you read the guidelines to sponsor a spouse on the CIC website. Different rules may apply to different African countries. All these information can be found in the guideline form.

good luck

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
Congratulations girlfriend!!! Very Happy for you. What we did is we went to DHL to send the passport and paid the fee. Then when the visa was ready, AVO sent an email. At that point we went back to the DHL office and paid the return fee. They would go pick it up from AVO and send it back for us to pick up. Did they give you a travel deadline?
Ardnacieso said:
HELLO TO EVERYONE.... I GOT A PASSPORT REQUEST ON FRIDAYYYY....THE STRESS, THE LONELY NIGHT, AND THE DRAINING IS FINALLY OVER NOW I CAN REJOICE AND BE GLAD IN IT.....THANK GOD

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Once again I want to wish everyone who got their PPR this month...

Pls help:

I'm currently in the Uk..I was separated for 2yrs before meeting my new girlfriend..My ex is seeing someone new but has been running away from me just to avoid signing the divorce...I'm waiting for my divorce which i started since March 2014 and my ex has refused to sign the divorce and i don't know her where about..

I met my new Canadian girlfriend in August 2014..We dated for 6 months and in March 2015 we decided to move in together. We opened a joined bank account in August 2015. We have lived together now for 10months and She's going back finally in june this year..By june,We would have lived together for 1yr and 4months.

I will be moving back to Nigeria finally by june as well...

We both have our bank statements coming to thesame address since march 2015,phone bills and all other letters coming to our address.
We have alot of pictures since we started dating from August 2014 till date.
We have skype photos with our families,
I have photos of her sisters visiting us in UK..

my question here is this:

1)Since my divorce is taking so long and i can't get married again.. Can i apply for common law partner even though i haven't gotten divorved officially although it is still ongoing..

2)With the above relationship history, do u think it is enough?

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
willyblue said:

Pls help:

I'm currently in the Uk..I was separated for 2yrs before meeting my new girlfriend..My ex is seeing someone new but has been running away from me just to avoid signing the divorce...I'm waiting for my divorce which i started since March 2014 and my ex has refused to sign the divorce and i don't know her where about..

I met my new Canadian girlfriend in August 2014..We dated for 6 months and in March 2015 we decided to move in together. We opened a joined bank account in August 2015. We have lived together now for 10months and She's going back finally in june this year..By june,We would have lived together for 1yr and 4months.

We both have our bank statements coming to thesame address since march 2015,phone bills and all other letters coming to our address.

1)Since my divorce is taking so long and i can't get married again.. Can i apply for common law partner even though i haven't gotten divorved officially although it is still ongoing..

if you are the one filing for the divorce, but you do not know the whereabouts of your partner, you are still able to obtain the divorce. However, you are first required to make every effort to find your partner. If you cannot locate your partner, then you are able to apply to a judge asking for an order for substituted service, which is a court order describing what you must do to ensure that your spouse is aware of the filing of the divorce. Before the judge will grant you a divorce, the judge must know that you have attempted everything possible to find your partner. If you have made every effort to find your partner, then the divorce is granted.
All the best

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
willyblue said:

Pls help:

As ghanaboy said, you will have to sort out the divorce, CIC wont accept your common law status.

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
So we got feedback from CIC today about the visiting visa we applied for, it was refused on the basis that my wife was unemployed and had no assets in her home country, lol. After all the passionate letter I wrote to the immigration offer lol.
Anyways I'm off to Lagos next month to go chill with my family until their PR comes out.

Cheers people

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
CADPt said:
So we got feedback from CIC today about the visiting visa we applied for, it was refused on the basis that my wife was unemployed and had no assets in her home country, lol. After all the passionate letter I wrote to the immigration offer lol.
Anyways I'm off to Lagos next month to go chill with my family until their PR comes out.

Cheers people
Yope, Lagos is the way to go as it seems. Go chill, it's deserved. We are thinking of same. If nothing as regards redo of Medicals in the next week, I'll start packing my bag too. Lol

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thanks Ghanaboy and Capt for the reply..I have already applied for a court bailiff to find the whereabout of my ex wife to serve her the notice and just wait for the outcome..

As Capt said that CIC wont accept my common law application, I read on CIC website and other forum that I can still apply to be sponsored for common law as long as i can prove that i cohabited with my common law partner for one year.

secondly that I have to prove that i have been separted as claimed and the strongest way to prove it is by showing my divorce application..

Just wondering if i'm right or wrong..

your reply would be appreciated..Thanks.

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
willyblue said:
Thanks Ghanaboy and Capt for the reply..I have already applied for a court bailiff to find the whereabout of my ex wife to serve her the notice and just wait for the outcome..

As Capt said that CIC wont accept my common law application, I read on CIC website and other forum that I can still apply to be sponsored for common law as long as i can prove that i cohabited with my common law partner for one year.

secondly that I have to prove that i have been separted as claimed and the strongest way to prove it is by showing my divorce application..

The elephant in the room here is the divorce that hasn't been finalised. Once that is sorted CIC will accept your common law application, they just want to be sure you have severed ties completely with your ex. So without that paper that says you are divorced CIC will probably screw you over if you apply.

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
willyblue said:

If your spouse is no where to be found for a period of 12 months and above you qualify to file for divorce in any country except the philippines

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
CADPt said:
The elephant in the room here is the divorce that hasn't been finalised. Once that is sorted CIC will accept your common law application, they just want to be sure you have severed ties completely with your ex. So without that paper that says you are divorced CIC will probably screw you over if you apply.
I agree, they will definitely ask him for a divorce certificate. If he has something to show that he has started the divorce process, that could help his situation.
A similiar situaiton:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/-t395329.0.html;msg4937237#msg4937237
*Mandie*

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
willyblue said:

@willyblue, as everyone mentioned, the divorce paper is very important because it does states in the website that if you were married to someone else at the time of your Union you can't be sponsored.

Still, this is a situation and you just have to provide enough proof and evidence to show to what extent you have tried to have the divorce certificate and what you are currently doing to dissolve the initial marriage.

Meanwhile, you should go ahead and put in the application while awaiting the result of the divorce papers. This process is long enough.

adejumo

Feb 19, 2014
DNA TEST

I just received an email from ACCRA CIC office that my son needs to do DNA Test. He currently lives in Nigeria. These are my questions: Does he needs to travel to Ghana for the DNA test? Any DNA collection center in Lagos? How long does the whole process takes? Anyone with better idea please help me out.
Thanks.

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Re: DNA TEST

adejumo said:
I just received an email from ACCRA CIC office that my son needs to do DNA Test. He currently lives in Nigeria. These are my questions: Does he needs to travel to Ghana for the DNA test? Any DNA collection center in Lagos? How long does the whole process takes? Anyone with better idea please help me out.
Thanks.
There are designated centers so go to the website just as u do for medicals...u dnt have to go to Accra to get DNA...