+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Alison169

Jun 17, 2015
whitelion said:
Happy new year guys
I hope everyone of us get good News this month by the grâce of God.
Please sign the pétition to the attention of the prime minister and to the immigration minister in regard to the Canadian broken immigration process.

Be blessed guys.
Thank-you!!! I have signed the petition, my husband will be signing as well!! I also met with my MP before Christmas - he is following up directly with the Minister of Immigration regarding all the challenges and looking for answers/improvements ASAP. Hoping there is good news for many of us early this month.

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
Greetings Everyone,
Hope this message meets everyone well. I have been following this thread for a while but this my first question/comment. Please guys I need your help. I am a PR looking to my spouse who resides and works in Nigeria.

Did Traditional Wedding in Nigeria in April 2015
Did Court Wedding in USA in July 2015 (Marriage Certificate shows this date)
My spouse applied for Canada student visa in May 2015 but she was refused. At the time of application we put her marital status as SINGLE because we thought that there was no legal document/certificate to say we were married.

Dilemma, I am currently applying for PR, should I put date of marriage as April or July? If we put the date of marriage as April wouldn't we be charged with misrepresentation on our student visa application? If we say we got married in May they might ask for the flight ticket to show that I was in Nigeria in May. I went to Nigeria 5 times in 2015 to spend time with my spouse and I included all the flight tickets including the April visit.

Please, I need some assistance as I am looking to push this application before the end of business day Wednesday. Thanks guys

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
mevisbleek said:
Greetings Everyone,
Hope this message meets everyone well. I have been following this thread for a while but this my first question/comment. Please guys I need your help. I am a PR looking to my spouse who resides and works in Nigeria.

My spouse applied for Canada student visa in May 2015 but she was refused. At the time of application we put her marital status as SINGLE because we thought that there was no legal document/certificate to say we were married.

Dilemma, I am currently applying for PR, should I put date of marriage as April or July? If we put the date of marriage as April wouldn't we be charged with misrepresentation on our student visa application? If we say we got married in May they might ask for the flight ticket to show that I was in Nigeria in May. I went to Nigeria 5 times in 2015 to spend time with my spouse and I included all the flight tickets including the April visit.

Please, I need some assistance as I am looking to push this application before the end of business day Wednesday. Thanks guys
I'd go with July because thats the one you have documentation for. That was what we did, we had different dates for the traditional, court and church wedding, we explained the traditional one as family introduction, more like and engagement. All you have to do is explain it very very well.
Hope this helps

Cheers

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Your month of marriage is july as it is the actual date of marriage on the certificate.

Furthermore, as you said, mentioning April as the date of marriage will put you in a very big hole.

Even if CIC asks (which I don't think they will) why she applied as single in May for a student visa, the answer will be simple: Only the traditional rites were done in April, not the marriage proper as no marriage certificate was issued.
If I were you, on the application I will be referring to the traditional wedding simply as 'traditional rites' to avoid ambiguity because it is generally expected for the traditional and court wedding not to be too far apart.

mevisbleek said:
Greetings Everyone,

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
CADPt said:
I'd go with July because thats the one you have documentation for. That was what we did, we had different dates for the traditional, court and church wedding, we explained the traditional one as family introduction, more like and engagement. All you have to do is explain it very very well.
Hope this helps

Cheers

Thanks for the swift response, I truly appreciate. Yes, your explanation helps

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
Turbo2000 said:
Your month of marriage is july as it is the actual date of marriage on the certificate.

Furthermore, as you said, mentioning April as the date of marriage will put you in a very big hole.

Even if CIC asks (which I don't think they will) why she applied as single in May for a student visa, the answer will be simple: Only the traditional rites were done in April, not the marriage proper as no marriage certificate was issued.
If I were you, on the application I will be referring to the traditional wedding simply as 'traditional rites' to avoid ambiguity because it is generally expected for the traditional and court wedding not to be too far apart.
Thank you

BENESTEL

Star Member
Jun 5, 2015
ONTARIO
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 20, 2015
Doc's Request.
NONE
AOR Received.
MAY 21, 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 15, 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
FEB 11, 2015
Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
I signed! In the process of setting up a meeting with my MP. Thanks!
whitelion said:
Happy new year guys
I hope everyone of us get good News this month by the grâce of God.
Please sign the pétition to the attention of the prime minister and to the immigration minister in regard to the Canadian broken immigration process.

https://www.change.org/p/john-mccallum-justin-trudeau-canada-spousal-immigration-processing-times/share?source_location=share_sponsor

Be blessed guys.

ghanaboy2

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
mevisbleek said:
Thanks for the swift response, I truly appreciate. Yes, your explanation helps
You did your court registration in USA correct? If so was your spouse there in USA? U will have to prove that she traveled to usa with u for that program...if not then you want to make a new court application in Nigeria demonstrating the presence of both of u including pictorials....they want to see it not just hear it

mevisbleek

Star Member
Jul 18, 2009
ghanaboy2 said:
You did your court registration in USA correct? If so was your spouse there in USA? U will have to prove that she traveled to usa with u for that program...if not then you want to make a new court application in Nigeria demonstrating the presence of both of u including pictorials....they want to see it not just hear it
No, we didn't do registration in USA, we did a civil (court) marriage in USA. We were both present at the wedding. I included pictures as well as her flight ticket, stamps on passport and USA Visa.

Destinyba

Sep 28, 2015
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
File Transfer...
Went in process Oct 9th 2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
None will be requested additional info requested Feb 1st
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
He is on the way
Happy New Year all! I have signed the petition. I have written to the Minister. I can't sit and do nothing. Is anyone at all concerned that the processing time changed to 26 months. Come on people, this is insane. I'm praying for everyone.

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Destinyba said:
Happy New Year all! I have signed the petition. I have written to the Minister. I can't sit and do nothing. Is anyone at all concerned that the processing time changed to 26 months. Come on people, this is insane. I'm praying for everyone.
I was just playing around on the website and saw that it had changed to 26 months too. Its totally ridiculous. I am writing to my MP and to the Prime Minister.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/index.asp

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
I can't believe this...I just saw it myself..I see this people are bent on destroying families..This is not fare at all..Countries like Uk only take 3months to sponsor you spouse

Francodel

Dec 21, 2015
This is absolute madness, 26 months??!!! :mad: It is disconcerting and affirms the fact that whoever is head of CIC doesn't give a care about reuniting families.

In addition to writing MPs and the Prime Minister; I think it is time to draw public attention to this issue (my thoughts). If anyone knows someone who works for a major media house like Metro, CBC etc we could try and ask that they make this problem public. I wrote an open letter to a columnist at Metro (Gilbert Ngabo) yesterday pleading with him to do a cover story on this problem but no response yet.

One thing that I observed since I migrated to this country is that no one wants to contest or question the government. If the government increases taxes to 50% tomorrow morning, we wouldn't ask questions or contest it we just pay it and that is why they are used to doing whatever they like. If they wanted, they could change the processing time to 5 years tomorrow morning and no one will raise an eyebrow.

While other countries take an average of 3 months to process spousal applications, Canada needs over 2 years, yet Syrian refugees were processed with the speed of light. While the tax payers who paid to have Syrians migrated have their spouse stranded within and outside Canada!!! Incredible

Destinyba

Sep 28, 2015
Toronto Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-04-2015
AOR Received.
19-06-2015
File Transfer...
Went in process Oct 9th 2015
Med's Done....
20-02-2015
Interview........
None will be requested additional info requested Feb 1st
Passport Req..
25-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
14-03-2016
LANDED..........
He is on the way
Thank you and the sad thing is that they have put all the countries in one. They are all weighted the same. The only difference may be if it is spousal or children or grandparents. 2 years is ridiculous again. Let's make noise.

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
12 may 2015, another doc requested on november 12, 2015
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
Hello to everyone... I have also sign it...quick question does the 26 month affect the ones who applied last year?? Since they increased it to 26 month??? I hope not because I'm draining already... :(