Interview........
WAIVED - STATUS CHANGED 09OCT2015 IN PROCESS
Passport Req..
JAN 12, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
JAN 21, 2016
LANDED..........
FEB 5, 2016
I believe we can all read English. But it's one thing to read it and another thing to speak it appropriately. Check out the meaning of the word "insecure". That was a hard stone thrown. If you were trying to help, that simple term just turned ur help to trouble. Lamour has been of great support to all of us. I think that was expensive. And if all of us saw something wrong with it, we can't be all crazy at the same time now, can we? Just be wiser in your choice of words when addressing others. Calling a grown adult you don't know, insecure, is the guaranteed way for them reacting to you, even if you mean no harm. Hope you get our point and like you said, we can pass this episode. Enjoy the weekend everyone.
SUNSHINE4U said:
Lamour, It is actually surprising that you could send a chat that was sent to you privately on a thread, I don't know what you intend to achieve by doing that, maybe this kind of responses or the pity party that someone wants to take advantage of you? well from my response to you , it is obvious that I did not take your response on giving your number personal, its your right and no one can ever make you do what you don't want to do, however your posting a private chat on the thread does not show maturity on your part, even though it doesn't bother me. You said what you had to say and that was it.

And for those commenting I want to believe that we all understand English and are able to read and understand my response in the chat without being biased.

Lamour, as you could see from my phone number I live in Montreal and if I had anything to hide as you try to paint on the thread would I have given you my phone number first ? If you look at my time line, I have also been on this thread long enough and have participated as I could, so it just won't be right for you to conclude and make it seem like someone is stalking you.

Well, I will still say thanks to you for you response all the same. And wish you a speedy receipt of your PPR.

Come on, its a very small world we live in and life is far more than all of these .

Have a great day everyone .

Turbo2000

Star Member
Aug 7, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2015
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
DM1: 02-07-2015, IN PROCESS: 09-10-2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14-04-2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
12-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM2: 12-18-2015
LANDED..........
JAN. 17TH 2016 !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Coincidentally, I just replied before I saw your post. I fully share your opinion. Publishing the conversation was uncalled for.

SUNSHINE4U said:
Lamour, It is actually surprising that you could send a chat that was sent to you privately on a thread, I don't know what you intend to achieve by doing that, maybe this kind of responses or the pity party that someone wants to take advantage of you? well from my response to you , it is obvious that I did not take your response on giving your number personal, its your right and no one can ever make you do what you don't want to do, however your posting a private chat on the thread does not show maturity on your part, even though it doesn't bother me. You said what you had to say and that was it.

And for those commenting I want to believe that we all understand English and are able to read and understand my response in the chat without being biased.

Lamour, as you could see from my phone number I live in Montreal and if I had anything to hide as you try to paint on the thread would I have given you my phone number first ? If you look at my time line, I have also been on this thread long enough and have participated as I could, so it just won't be right for you to conclude and make it seem like someone is stalking you.

Well, I will still say thanks to you for you response all the same. And wish you a speedy receipt of your PPR.

Come on, its a very small world we live in and life is far more than all of these .

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Naponga said:
Wow @Lamour! The wait is turning people into creeps!

***update**** Hubby picked up his passport this afternoon (Ghana time) By Gods Grace, he will land on WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 3th!!

I give God all the praise and the lovely people on this thread!!!

The wait is a killer but victory is sweeter!
You guys will reunite with your love ones soon! AMEN!
I am happy for you and your husband. I was certain he will receive his pp latest this week.
Now, it's time to pack up......

SUNSHINE4U

Star Member
Nov 7, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
29/04/2015
BENESTEL said:
I believe we can all read English. But it's one thing to read it and another thing to speak it appropriately. Check out the meaning of the word "insecure". That was a hard stone thrown. If you were trying to help, that simple term just turned ur help to trouble. Lamour has been of great support to all of us. I think that was expensive. And if all of us saw something wrong with it, we can't be all crazy at the same time now, can we? Just be wiser in your choice of words when addressing others. Calling a grown adult you don't know, insecure, is the guaranteed way for them reacting to you, even if you mean no harm. Hope you get our point and like you said, we can pass this episode. Enjoy the weekend everyone.
I really don't want to go into responding to posts here seeing that it would be very childish and may seem out of place on a thread that is meant to help people and where everyone is like a family , however I will respond just this once . Like you rightly said , understanding English is something else, and in any case I said she had a felt insecure and that is a feeling of something , not that she is insecure as this two mean entirely different things however, this is how the dictionary defines the word 'insecure' that you and pointed out:
insecure

[in-si-kyoo r]
Spell Syllables
Synonyms Examples Word Origin
adjective
subject to fears, doubts, etc.; not self-confident or assured:
an insecure person.
not confident or certain; uneasy; anxious:
He was insecure about the examination.
not secure; exposed or liable to risk, loss, or danger:
an insecure stock portfolio.
not firmly or reliably placed or fastened:
an insecure ladder.

From the definition, it is obvious that the word wasn't out of place because she felt uneasy, not certain or confident with who I was, she had doubts e.t.c. and for the word unfortunate it means in the context obviously mean sadly or unhappily.

Definition of unfortunate adjective from the Oxford Advanced Learner's Dictionary

unfortunate adjective
BrE /ʌnˈfɔːtʃənət/ ; NAmE /ʌnˈfɔːrtʃənət/
Add to my wordlist
having bad luck; caused by bad luck
synonym unlucky
He was unfortunate to lose in the final round.
It was an unfortunate accident.
The unfortunate animal was locked inside the house for a week.
opposite fortunate

(formal) if you say that a situation is unfortunate, you wish that it had not happened or that it had been different
synonym regrettable
She described the decision as ‘unfortunate’.
It was unfortunate that he couldn't speak English.
You're putting me in a most unfortunate position.

Naponga

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10 2015
AOR Received.
June 8 2015
File Transfer...
June 1 2015.....JUNE 18 2015 ...STARTED PROCESSING....OCT/15....*IN PROCESS*
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
10-7-2014
Interview........
***WAIVED***.
Passport Req..
05-11-2015 PASSPORT SENT 18-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
02-12-2015
lamour said:
I am happy for you and your husband. I was certain he will receive his pp latest this week.
Now, it's time to pack up......
Thank you girl! We are beyond the word excited!!!! He started package no months ago lol

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
SUNSHINE4U said:

@sunshine4u, there is absolutely nothing private about the message you sent me apart from your cell number which I didn't publish. I understand that everything surprises you and I'm deeply sorry about that. It's a fun thread here, In fact, it is a house. I receive PM from members of this forum and I have also sent PM to others. There are even some of us that have shared personal email conversation. No arrogance......

What makes you think there is a difference as to whether your number is a Montreal number, Nigerian or Ghanaian number???or how long you've been on this forum???

"Sorry for even asking !! Its nothing personal, by de way am also in Quebec n its very unfortunate that you feel insecure to talk to some one . U know fully well that its easier to talk on phone dan send mails back n forth. However I am cool . That's for your kind response. Have a blessed day."

As you said we can all read English. Please read it again.

By the way, I don't have any feeling that I'm being stalked, I felt insulted. With you saying its "unfortunate that I feel insecure" "I know fully well that it's easier to talk on phone"
Come on, talking on phone might be easier for you but you don't know about me and you are in no position to tell me that I know fully well....

I mind to give my number and I apologize if you have a problem with that. Of course it's nothing personal and why should it be personal anyways.....

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
12 may 2015, another doc requested on november 12, 2015
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
Congratulations Naponga wishing you all the best...enjoy your Christmas and new year with your family...your waiting is finally over give thanks to the almighty God..in his own time he makes everything perfect and beautiful...

KingdomHeir

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1st
File Transfer...
July 3rd
Med's Done....
March 12th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb.3rd
VISA ISSUED...
Feb.18th
LANDED..........
March 12th
Naponga said:
Wow @Lamour! The wait is turning people into creeps!

***update**** Hubby picked up his passport this afternoon (Ghana time) By Gods Grace, he will land on WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 3th!!

I give God all the praise and the lovely people on this thread!!!

The wait is a killer but victory is sweeter!
You guys will reunite with your love ones soon! AMEN!

WOW.... Congratulations Naponga. Am happy for you and your Hubby. Your actually gained victory over all the huddles, we bless God. I pray we receive our PPR soon . My App. filed was May.

Naponga

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10 2015
AOR Received.
June 8 2015
File Transfer...
June 1 2015.....JUNE 18 2015 ...STARTED PROCESSING....OCT/15....*IN PROCESS*
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
10-7-2014
Interview........
***WAIVED***.
Passport Req..
05-11-2015 PASSPORT SENT 18-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
02-12-2015
Ardnacieso said:
Congratulations Naponga wishing you all the best...enjoy your Christmas and new year with your family...your waiting is finally over give thanks to the almighty God..in his own time he makes everything perfect and beautiful...
Thank you dearie! Girl!!!!!! He sure makes everything purfecttttttt. I pray for speed processing for each and everyone on this thread.

taotaqyakub

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct12 2012
File Transfer...
October 10 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
Nov10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec02 2015
LANDED..........
Dec10 2015
Hello house

Hello house pls how do I know if my passport is ready for pickup, I used Dhl and dey said dey don't do prepaid envelopes anymore outside Nigeria, is it dat cic will notify me dat myself passport is ready and I will tell Dhl to pick it up for me. Am confused here

vivichi

Sep 4, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
AVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/01/2015
Doc's Request.
09/09/2015
File Transfer...
27/03/2015
Med's Done....
05/01/2015
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
21/10/2015
LANDED..........
14/12/2015
Re: Hello house

taotaqyakub said:
Hello house pls how do I know if my passport is ready for pickup, I used Dhl and dey said dey don't do prepaid envelopes anymore outside Nigeria, is it dat cic will notify me dat myself passport is ready and I will tell Dhl to pick it up for me. Am confused here
AVO will notify u to arrange wit courier service for pick-up once ur passport is ready

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014

Hi everyone. Please anyone has a similar case like me. I case was handled in the accra vo. Please i need your assistance in helping me get some answers. I applied march 2014 and was denied December that same year. Thier reasons was that we did not convinced them enough that our marriage is genuine even after all the proof we sent. I don't know how else they expected us to convince them because we provided a lot of proof they needed. I have been on the appeal que since December last year when we put in for the appeal. Ever since then until date we have not even heard from them to even know if there will be a hearing or when it will be. We are getting really frustrated about the silence. My spouse has visited me again this year and we have sent pictures of her visit and other documents. Please how long more do we need to wait before we even get a hearing date if there will be one?

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16

macus said:
Hi everyone. Please anyone has a similar case like me. I case was handled in the accra vo. Please i need your assistance in helping me get some answers. I applied march 2014 and was denied December that same year. Thier reasons was that we did not convinced them enough that our marriage is genuine even after all the proof we sent. I don't know how else they expected us to convince them because we provided a lot of proof they needed. I have been on the appeal que since December last year when we put in for the appeal. Ever since then until date we have not even heard from them to even know if there will be a hearing or when it will be. We are getting really frustrated about the silence. My spouse has visited me again this year and we have sent pictures of her visit and other documents. Please how long more do we need to wait before we even get a hearing date if there will be one?
Hey Macus
I remember you from previous readings on this thread.
I am sorry to hear about the denial. Never give up hope,be strong. It's definitely not an easy journey but trust me, you will fight this fight to the finish just like a couple of others have.
There is a thread on this forum for spousal appeal cases and you will find similar applicants that will throw more light as regards your question.

Meanwhile, I will strongly suggest you consult a reputable immigration lawyer if you have not already done so. They did request for PIF and other inland application from you previously. An immigrantion lawyer/consultant are better able to discern the reasons AVO wants those information and better prepare your file in advance.

I wish you the very very best and may you triumph.

macus

Star Member
Aug 12, 2014

Thank lamour. Yes I have been on this tread since last year. We already took a lawyer who is working for us. But we still have not heard anything. The waiting is really frustrating. We already submitted the pif and inland application documents they requested. I dont know how long an appeal case takes after filling in before you get a hearing.

mylord

Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 6 2015
Doc's Request.
OCTOBER 30, 2015
AOR Received.
MAY 21 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 21 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14 JANUARY 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Hello good morning
I really need help AVO sent me email on the 30 September to submitted additional evidence of my marriage, of which I submitted it on the 09 November and till now I haven't hear anything from them my medicals too will be expiring 4 January 2016. I don't know what to do now should I call the embassy, can someone help me