April 8th 2015 ( sponsorship)
File Transfer...
June 4th (Decision made for SA)
Med's Request
May 1st upfront medical & more document
Med's Done....
June 12th 2015,Ecas changed to in process in Sept 2015
Interview........
Hopefully none,October 13th,requested for updated IMMM 0008 4& sponsor PIF,sent on Friday 16th.Package received on the 20th by AVO
Passport Req..
xxx
Hello everyone, may this week be our week of Testimony in Jesus name. Good news for everyone ,I can't wait to see my hubby am tired of waiting oh Lord. Mercy on point Olorun. Amin

BethMartin

Jun 29, 2014
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may have seen a thread I started in September under Family Class sponsorship about PhD research I'm doing on the Family Class application process.

I'm looking for people to participate in an anonymous online survey about their experiences of the application process to sponsor family members. My goal is that the results can be used for advocacy to make improvements to the system for people who want to sponsor family members in the future.

I'm still looking for lots more people to respond to the survey - the more people respond the stronger the results will be. In particular I’m looking for people who are not well-represented in the data I already have. Unfortunately I haven't heard from many people yet whose applications are going through VOs in Africa, so that's why I'm posting in this thread (if you participated in an interview last year, thank you again, but unfortunately I need different people for the survey).

So if any of you are interested in telling me about your experiences with, and recommendations for, the sponsorship process I'd like to invite you to go to https://survey.ryerson.ca:443/s?s=4526 .
On the first page you'll find more information about the survey, and at the bottom of that page there is a button to click on to start the survey. The survey can be done in English or French. The moderators of this forum have given me permission to post about the survey.

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to read this and good luck with your applications! :)

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
I've just completed the survey. I suspect experiences and suggestions would be similar across visa offices. Goodluck with the results and hope you get to share on here when it's published.

BethMartin said:
Hi Everyone,

Some of you may have seen a thread I started in September under Family Class sponsorship about PhD research I'm doing on the Family Class application process.

I'm looking for people to participate in an anonymous online survey about their experiences of the application process to sponsor family members. My goal is that the results can be used for advocacy to make improvements to the system for people who want to sponsor family members in the future.

I'm still looking for lots more people to respond to the survey - the more people respond the stronger the results will be. In particular I’m looking for people who are not well-represented in the data I already have. Unfortunately I haven't heard from many people yet whose applications are going through VOs in Africa, so that's why I'm posting in this thread (if you participated in an interview last year, thank you again, but unfortunately I need different people for the survey).

So if any of you are interested in telling me about your experiences with, and recommendations for, the sponsorship process I'd like to invite you to go to https://survey.ryerson.ca:443/s?s=4526 .
On the first page you'll find more information about the survey, and at the bottom of that page there is a button to click on to start the survey. The survey can be done in English or French. The moderators of this forum have given me permission to post about the survey.

Thanks so much everyone for taking the time to read this and good luck with your applications! :)

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
SenoritaBella said:
I've just completed the survey. I suspect experiences and suggestions would be similar across visa offices. Goodluck with the results and hope you get to share on here when it's published.
I completed the survey too, I think everyone as much as possible should complete it

CADPt

Star Member
Aug 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-04-2015
AOR Received.
15-05-2015
File Transfer...
25-06-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
03-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
11-02-2016
LANDED..........
20-03-2016
Sup guys,

got back to Vancouver island yesterday from lagos, long trip, back at work today Monday. It was nice to be with my wife and kid for the past two weeks. Loads of family pics for my daughter's 1st birthday, so no questions in the future from her, lol.

Does anyone know if applying for a visiting visa would be affected by the fact that we have an application in process? I want to spend christmas with my family and I can't rely on this Accra people to get their acts together asap. We are thinking of applying for a visiting visa for the Mrs, what do you guys think?

Alison169

Jun 17, 2015
CADPt said:
Sup guys,

got back to Vancouver island yesterday from lagos, long trip, back at work today Monday. It was nice to be with my wife and kid for the past two weeks. Loads of family pics for my daughter's 1st birthday, so no questions in the future from her, lol.

Does anyone know if applying for a visiting visa would be affected by the fact that we have an application in process? I want to spend christmas with my family and I can't rely on this Accra people to get their acts together asap. We are thinking of applying for a visiting visa for the Mrs, what do you guys think?
You may want to look at this which specifies what to consider and include to apply for a visitor visa while waiting for your PR. As the forum will not let me post links please Click on "Home" on the forum page then click on family class sponsorship then look for " visitor Visa granted"

We are seriously considering this option. We applied in February 2015; sponsor approval in May (I am the sponsor)as was file transfer; file went In Process October 9/15 like so many others and my husband's file started processing in late May at the AVO. We are very hopeful that we will hear good news soon but also would like to ensure we will see each other again in the very near future hence the consideration of doing a Visitor Visa application while we wait.

Hoping we all hear positive news sooner than later!

Firstlady

Star Member
Jul 2, 2015
Nigeria
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-5-2015
AOR Received.
18-6-2015
File Transfer...
13-7-2015 and in process 30th of September 2015
Med's Done....
upfront 9-2-2015
Interview........
Non
Passport Req..
23-3-2016
VISA ISSUED...
04/04/2016
Good day all,
what is going on with AVO.? Alot of April and may applicants got ppr today. Why is Avo not moving? Avo is frustrating. Even if they can't Request Passport from April and may applicants atleast we should be congratulating January to march applicants but Avo would'nt view. January to Nov., is 11 months, while February till date is 10 months, March till date and still counting is 9 months. So what could be wrong. The average time as at 2013 to 2014 sept was 6 to 8 months. I pray God let his light shines upon our files in Jesus name, Amen

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
CADPt said:
Sup guys,

Welcome back @Cadpt.
I'm glad you had a good time with your family back home
For the visiting visa, I would say give it a try. I know a couple of people that tried but was denied because you have to prove that after your visit, you'll return to your home country. But when your spouse is already here, it's kind of hard to prove. Nevertheless, all cases aren't the same. Go for it and all the best.

olorvi

Nov 4, 2015
Hello All

Does anyone know where I can check the status of my application? It has been sent to Ghana July 6th and I have not heard anything from them yet.... Frustrating to wait this long I Just want my husband here with me now, I have not seen him in over a year :(

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
You can check your application status online here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/my_application/status.asp

Also, you can request your husband's GCMS notes here (cost $5 and your husband needs to fill out a consent form): http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/atip/requests-atip.asp

olorvi said:
Hello All

Does anyone know where I can check the status of my application? It has been sent to Ghana July 6th and I have not heard anything from them yet.... Frustrating to wait this long I Just want my husband here with me now, I have not seen him in over a year :(

mylord

Oct 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
MARCH 6 2015
Doc's Request.
OCTOBER 30, 2015
AOR Received.
MAY 21 2015
File Transfer...
MAY 21 2015
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
14 JANUARY 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Hello, does anyone know what is actually happening in AVO my additional documents was sent by DHL since 10 November I have heard nothing from AVO concerning my documents the waiting is very very frustrating

taotaqyakub

Aug 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
oct12 2012
File Transfer...
October 10 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
hopefully not
Passport Req..
Nov10 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec02 2015
LANDED..........
Dec10 2015
I got ppr on the 5th nov 2015 up till now have not heard anything,this wait is really killing

KingdomHeir

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1st
File Transfer...
July 3rd
Med's Done....
March 12th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb.3rd
VISA ISSUED...
Feb.18th
LANDED..........
March 12th
taotaqyakub said:
I got ppr on the 5th nov 2015 up till now have not heard anything,this wait is really killing
taotaqyakub said:
AVO is not trying in any way, I think government should do something

Naponga

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10 2015
AOR Received.
June 8 2015
File Transfer...
June 1 2015.....JUNE 18 2015 ...STARTED PROCESSING....OCT/15....*IN PROCESS*
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
10-7-2014
Interview........
***WAIVED***.
Passport Req..
05-11-2015 PASSPORT SENT 18-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
02-12-2015
WOW! HELLO TO ALL AND WELCOME NEW FACES TO THE THREAD!!

IF I BEGIN TO TELL YOU GUYS ABOUT THE HASSLE AVO GAVE MY HUSBAND AFTER HIS PPR REQUEST, IT WILL TAKE MONTHS LOL...

AFTER TRYING MULTIPLE TIMES TO GIVE THEM WHAT THEY WANT, I TRACKED THE FILE YESTERDAY AND THIS WAS THE NEW UPDATED MESSAGE WE GOT:

"Your processed passport has been dispatched from the Canada Visa Office ACCRA , on 24/11/2015 to the Canada Visa Application Centre.To know more, please call VAC helpline number or visit VAC website"

NOW, CAN I BEGIN TO TELL YOU GUYS HOW MUCH I CANT STAND "VFS" I GUESS THEYRE THE SAME PEOPLE AS VAC. WE TRIED CONTACTING THEIR NUMBER AND THERE ARE NO OPERATORS TO SPEAK WITH (PISS OFF) I WISH WE HAD DELIVERED IT THROUGH DHL. I BELIEVE THEY WILL BE MORE PROFESSIONAL!

ANYWAY, I JUST NEED THE STATUS TO CHANGE "TO COME AND PICK UP YOUR PASSPORT"! CLEARLY, ITS READY AND IT NEEDS TO BE PICKED UP BY VFS, PERIOD!!

HAS ANYONE GOTTEN THIS STATUS BEFORE AND IF SO, HOW LONG DID IT TAKE FOR PASSPORT PICK UP AFTER DISPATCHING?

olorvi

Nov 4, 2015
Thank you for the information SenoritaBella

I was able to learn that My husbands file is in process and they have his medical records, so at least I can see that they are doing something.
I can merely hope that I will see an email soon and they will request his passport.