-
Passport Req..
-waiting but terribly.
VISA ISSUED...
-Hopefully in the next few weeks
LANDED..........
-
I have a lawyer working on my case as well
You are right they do things slower than if things were in our hand.
I suggest you call them and email them often for update until your proof is gathered and sent.
I usually apologize for disturbing them but i call and email the hell out of them. I make them understand how important this is and how restless i am until things are sent to the VO.
For them to send my application they were very slow even though i provided them with all they needed.
But also push but with calculation, because you do not want them to rush and make mistakes.
This is the only chance Avo has given

Cheers Sis
God is at work
Just do your best to convince them
And pray and let the lord do his part.
His will be done. And he loves you
The email was sent to my lawyer only...but my lawyer is very slow...
[/quote]

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Ardnacieso said:
The email was sent to my lawyer only...but my lawyer is very slow...
Hello Ardnacieso
I know this is a lot, but take a good look at all the amazing replies you go especially the breakdown of Tolexmi. Please, gather all the required information they need, one at a time. Cover them all, remember your lawyer will only work on the information given to him. It's your responsibility to provide the lawyer with as much.
You will be okay. This same letter has been sent to old thread members and they got their visas.

All the best

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
12 may 2015, another doc requested on november 12, 2015
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
My problem right now is how I'm going to provide them with my status in the United States? I came to the USA with a visa and I overstayed because my parents wanted us to go to school here... My dad has filed the petitions for me but because of my age it will take long night for them to issue me a visa in USA.. I only have the petitions letter approval.. Which I included into my sponsorship... So now I don't know what to provide to them as my status... The visa I came in the USA has expired long time ago... But i still have my passport from Ghana which will expired 2019

Naponga

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10 2015
AOR Received.
June 8 2015
File Transfer...
June 1 2015.....JUNE 18 2015 ...STARTED PROCESSING....OCT/15....*IN PROCESS*
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
10-7-2014
Interview........
***WAIVED***.
Passport Req..
05-11-2015 PASSPORT SENT 18-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
02-12-2015
Ardnacieso said:
This is what I received today fro AVO I'm so confused.....what should I do..

It shall be well in his name!! Gather the information being requested and sent it to them. How long were you together with your spouse before you got married? Sometimes, AVO can tell the length of your relationship through old pics of you and your spouse. Also, I am pretty sure you guys have documentation from when you started courting. Take your time and please don't panic (easier said than done) and gather your own information and drop it off to the lawyer. Trust me, they take their own blasted time, after you've paid them their money!!!!!! You will be fine and take it in good faith that they are working on your file. Ok? Have a great day and smile. you will celebrate Christmas or ring in the New Years with him in Jesus Name!!!!!

Naponga

Star Member
Aug 17, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 10 2015
AOR Received.
June 8 2015
File Transfer...
June 1 2015.....JUNE 18 2015 ...STARTED PROCESSING....OCT/15....*IN PROCESS*
Med's Request
UPFRONT
Med's Done....
10-7-2014
Interview........
***WAIVED***.
Passport Req..
05-11-2015 PASSPORT SENT 18-11-15
VISA ISSUED...
24-11-2015
LANDED..........
02-12-2015
Ardnacieso said:
My problem right now is how I'm going to provide them with my status in the United States? I came to the USA with a visa and I overstayed because my parents wanted us to go to school here... My dad has filed the petitions for me but because of my age it will take long night for them to issue me a visa in USA.. I only have the petitions letter approval.. Which I included into my sponsorship... So now I don't know what to provide to them as my status... The visa I came in the USA has expired long time ago... But i still have my passport from Ghana which will expired 2019
I HONESTLY DONT KNOW ABOUT THE STATES REQUIREMENT TO SPONSOR A SPOUSE, BUT IN CANADA, YOU MUST BE A PERMANENT RESEIDENT OR A CANADIAN CITIZEN TO SPONSOR. I AM SURE IF YOU WERENT ELIGIBLE TO SPNSOR, LAWYER WOULD HAVE ADVICED YOU. CALL THEIR CALL CENTRE AND MAKE A GENERAL ENQUIRY. I ASK THEM QUESTION YOU NEED ANSWERS TO. IT SHALL BE WELL!

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
Thanks everyone for the reply I really appreciate it....
At Naponga my husband is a permanent residences in Canada...and our lawyer told us that my status is not going to be a problem...so I don't know why avo is requesting for it again

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
I'm going to gather all the proof they are requesting for and send it to them and I know God will surely do the rest...

whitelion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ application sent on June 08 and CSQ received on July 21st 2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-05-2015*** File changed to in process on October 09 2015
Med's Done....
16-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016 by God 's blessings
@Ardnacieso
Are you curently attending an university in the USA? If yes you can send your I-20 and have your International students advisor rep write you a letter explaining your status;
Are you out of status?
Did they send you a removal order?

The divorce certificate the one your husband sent along with the application is it at court in Canada or in the USA. Usually if both person who are getting devorce are in the same country Canada accept the divorce as a proof.

Read this
8. (1) A court of competent jurisdiction may, on application by either or both spouses, grant a divorce to the spouse or spouses on the ground that there has been a breakdown of their marriage.
Marginal note:Breakdown of marriage

(2) Breakdown of a marriage is established only if
(a) the spouses have lived separate and apart for at least one year immediately preceding the determination of the divorce proceeding and were living separate and apart at the commencement of the proceeding; or
(b) the spouse against whom the divorce proceeding is brought has, since celebration of the marriage,
(i) committed adultery, or
(ii) treated the other spouse with physical or mental cruelty of such a kind as to render intolerable the continued cohabitation of the spouses.
Marginal note:Calculation of period of separation

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/D-3.4/page-4.html#h-4

Good luck

SenoritaBella

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-01-2014
AOR Received.
12-02-2014
File Transfer...
25-02-2014
Med's Request
02-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2013
Passport Req..
02-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
hopefully soon
LANDED..........
hopefully soon
July 2007 - you say your husband divorced his first wife
August 2, 2014 - you married your husband
January 22, 2015 - certificate of dissolution of customary marriage. How come the certificate was issued 8 yrs later?

Looks like he married you before obtaining a divorce. If this is the case, your marriage is invalid (polygamy is illegal in Canada), so you can not be sponsored. You need to submit proof that he divorced in July 2007 and also explain how come that certificate was issued 8 yrs later.

Proof of communication - submit call logs/chats/emails/text msgs/skype/facebook chats, etc from the start of your relationship to present, boarding passes for trips taken to visit one another, etc. They want to see whether your relationship is continuing. Also submit proof of communication with in-laws from both sides, if you have it.

Proof of legal status in the US - do you have an I-20? Perhaps provide an explanation of the circumstances and what your father is doing to regularize your status. This may be one reason CIC suspects your marriage is not genuine. Also look on the US immigration website what the status of someone in your situation is.

Ardnacieso said:
Based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that your marriage is genuine and that the primary reason for the marriage is other than for the purpose of you gaining admission to Canada. As a result, for the purpose of the regulations, you may not be considered to be a member of the family class.

Furthermore, based on the evidence that you provided I am not satisfied that you and your sponsor were free to enter into marriage as you have only submitted a Certificate of Dissolution of Customary Marriage between ..........and ........., dated 22 January, 2015, but no evidence that the marriage was dissolved in fact prior to your marriage to your sponsor.

In order to come to a final determination in your case we will provide you 30 days from the date of this letter to address the above concern and provide additional information to support the genuineness of your marriage.

We also require:

· Proof of your legal status in the United States.

· Evidence of communication.

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
whitelion said:
@Ardnacieso
Are you curently attending an university in the USA? If yes you can send your I-20 and have your International students advisor rep write you a letter explaining your status;
Are you out of status?
Did they send you a removal order?

The divorce certificate the one your husband sent along with the application is it at court in Canada or in the USA. Usually if both person who are getting devorce are in the same country Canada accept the divorce as a proof.

Read this
8. (1) A court of competent jurisdiction may, on application by either or both spouses, grant a divorce to the spouse or spouses on the ground that there has been a breakdown of their marriage.
Marginal note:Breakdown of marriage

(2) Breakdown of a marriage is established only if
(a) the spouses have lived separate and apart for at least one year immediately preceding the determination of the divorce proceeding and were living separate and apart at the commencement of the proceeding; or
(b) the spouse against whom the divorce proceeding is brought has, since celebration of the marriage,
(i) committed adultery, or
(ii) treated the other spouse with physical or mental cruelty of such a kind as to render intolerable the continued cohabitation of the spouses.
Marginal note:Calculation of period of separation

http://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/D-3.4/page-4.html#h-4

Good luck
I'm currently attending university in USA and I do have the l-20.
The divorce certificate my husband got if from Ghana. It was a traditional marriage between them and the family dissolve the marriage July 2007.

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
SenoritaBella said:
July 2007 - you say your husband divorced his first wife
August 2, 2014 - you married your husband
January 22, 2015 - certificate of dissolution of customary marriage. How come the certificate was issued 8 yrs later?

Looks like he married you before obtaining a divorce. If this is the case, your marriage is invalid (polygamy is illegal in Canada), so you can not be sponsored. You need to submit proof that he divorced in July 2007 and also explain how come that certificate was issued 8 yrs later.

Proof of communication - submit call logs/chats/emails/text msgs/skype/facebook chats, etc from the start of your relationship to present, boarding passes for trips taken to visit one another, etc. They want to see whether your relationship is continuing. Also submit proof of communication with in-laws from both sides, if you have it.

Proof of legal status in the US - do you have an I-20? Perhaps provide an explanation of the circumstances and what your father is doing to regularize your status. This may be one reason CIC suspects your marriage is not genuine. Also look on the US immigration website what the status of someone in your situation is.

Thank you so much... I will surely do all that.. My marriage is genuine so I don't have any problem. My husband ex wife gave birth to a girl 2007 with another because it was a long distance marriage and she couldn't take it so they both divorce during that time... But the divorce cert was issue that time because it takes long for Ghana to provide divorce cert.

whitelion

Star Member
Jan 7, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2015
Nomination.....
CSQ application sent on June 08 and CSQ received on July 21st 2015
AOR Received.
24-04-2015
File Transfer...
29-05-2015*** File changed to in process on October 09 2015
Med's Done....
16-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
26-01-2016
LANDED..........
06-02-2016 by God 's blessings
@Ardnacieso
If I get it right your husband ex is living on Ghana now right and there were not legaly maried. It Was a traditional mariage. Is the divorce been ruled by a juge or is it both family that breakdown the mariage and issue the act of mariage dissolution?
Try to read this article it might help

http://m.divorcefamilylaw.ca/Divorce_Family_Law_Lawyers/ON/Saugeen%20Shores

In order to show your status in the USA make sure you Provide the letter that US immigration sent to your father in regard to the application you mention earlier.
Send Also a letter from your School that attest you are a student there and the lengh you have been studying there.

Make sure you continue to pray.Jesus make us already winers.
Be blessed.

Ardnacieso

Star Member
Aug 27, 2015
United states
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20 march 2015
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
15 july 2015
File Transfer...
20 july 2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
30 january 2015
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
22 January 2016
VISA ISSUED...
3 February 2016
LANDED..........
very soon
whitelion said:
@Ardnacieso
If I get it right your husband ex is living on Ghana now right and there were not legaly maried. It Was a traditional mariage. Is the divorce been ruled by a juge or is it both family that breakdown the mariage and issue the act of mariage dissolution?
Try to read this article it might help

http://m.divorcefamilylaw.ca/Divorce_Family_Law_Lawyers/ON/Saugeen%20Shores

In order to show your status in the USA make sure you Provide the letter that US immigration sent to your father in regard to the application you mention earlier.
Send Also a letter from your School that attest you are a student there and the lengh you have been studying there.

Make sure you continue to pray.Jesus make us already winers.
Be blessed.
Yeah the ex wife lives in Ghana... It was a traditional marriage and they also registered it in court So it was in the system... But because the family gather together and dissolve the marriage my husband didn't do any follow up for the court.. He completely forgot about it...and now because he didn't follow up it has been a problem...

I'm gathering all our whatapp chat and its from 2013 up to now..its about 1,500 copies to print should I print it all??

KingdomHeir

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1st
File Transfer...
July 3rd
Med's Done....
March 12th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb.3rd
VISA ISSUED...
Feb.18th
LANDED..........
March 12th
@Ardnacieso
U don't need to print all. Just copy randomly perhaps from each month . U can as well minimize the font size. Just take samples of your conversation and reduce the pages to the bearest minimum but make sure it covers the ranges of the time from 2013 to date.
Good luck!!!

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Ardnacieso said:
Yeah the ex wife lives in Ghana... It was a traditional marriage and they also registered it in court So it was in the system... But because the family gather together and dissolve the marriage my husband didn't do any follow up for the court.. He completely forgot about it...and now because he didn't follow up it has been a problem...

I'm gathering all our whatapp chat and its from 2013 up to now..its about 1,500 copies to print should I print it all??
@ ardnacieso, if the previous marriage was dissolved by the court only after your marriage, it's going to be a problem. I will suggest you ask your lawyer what is the way forward. This part of AVO request is the most important of all. Since the previous marriage was contracted in court, AVO will only allow a proof dating before your actual marriage. Please consult your lawyer by asking this specific aspects of the requirements.
All the best.