Not needed
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
Very soon
lamour said:
I don't think so. For other provinces except Quebec, it is required to submit notice of assessment. Notice of assessment usually has no connection with general credit and student loan.
. Lamour, I did not include my notice of assessment as I have not filed my taxes for the past few years. I work for an overseas based company as their North American purchasing manager. My salary is been paid at this company overseas headquarters in their local currency. All I attached to my application is my letter of employment from them and my overseas bank statement . How about this ?

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Ikecanada said:
. Lamour, I did not include my notice of assessment as I have not filed my taxes for the past few years. I work for an overseas based company as their North American purchasing manager. My salary is been paid at this company overseas headquarters in their local currency. All I attached to my application is my letter of employment from them and my overseas bank statement . How about this ?
Financial requirements
The financial test is needed to prove that sponsors can support sponsored persons for the period of the undertaking. For more details, see Minimum Necessary Income Requirement: Low-Income Cut-Off levels (LICO), section 5.32, Exception to Minimum Necessary Income Requirement, section 5.33 and Low Income Cut-Off and Quebec Income Scale, Appendix F.
Financial resources:
• may include the resources of the sponsor’s spouse or common-law partner if the sponsor’s financial resources are inadequate and the sponsor’s spouse or common-law partner declares their resources as income on their Canadian tax return and they co-sign the undertaking.
• cannot include pooled resources from other relatives to meet the income test.
Financial resources must originate from Canadian sources for the following reasons:
• employment income abroad is not a reliable indicator of future or stable employment in Canada.
• CPC staff cannot easily verify if foreign income can be transferred to Canada.
• converting foreign income into Canadian dollars is resource-intensive.
• in cases of default, collection and litigation, it is easier to recover income from Canadian sources.
For more information, see: Exceptions to the Canadian income rule, section 5.31.
5.31. Exceptions to Canadian income rule
The exceptions to the Canadian income rule are as follows:
• sponsors who commute from Canada to work in the U.S.A. can use their U.S. employment income provided it is declared as income on their Canadian income tax return;
• sponsors living in Canada who declare income from foreign sources on their Canadian tax returns, can use this foreign income to meet the financial requirements for sponsorship.
Discretionary approval of financial requirements is not possible.

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Ikecanada said:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip02-eng.pdf

Here is the link for the breakdown

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thanks Lamour for your reply..

Please i need ur advice..Let me explain my situation...

I'm 38 and my girlfriend is 22...I'm originally from Nigeria and my girlfriend is white Canadian..
We met in UK.She came to Uk on a working visa 1yr and 4months ago.
We have been in a relationship for 1yr and 2months...We have been leaving together for 1 year with all our letters such as bank statement,payslip coming to one address.We intend to get married soon and once we get married we are both going to Nigeria to put in my appliction.
She will be in Nigeria for 2weeks to meet my family for the first time and she will be returning back to Canada finally..
We will be snapping picture with all my family....We have alot of pictures on facebook,instagram and on my mobile phone that we intend to print out..
I also have alot of skype pictures with her father and mother,we skype on a regular basis..Her sisters have visited us in London and have both lived with us of which i have a lot of pictures with them..Her parents sent us supporting document saying that they are fully in support of our marriage to add to our document.
We also have a joint account.

my questions here are as follows:

1)Do you think the age difference will affect my application?

2)Do you think the documents and things i listed above are enough evidence to proof our relationship is genuiue?

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
willyblue said:
Thanks Lamour for your reply..

Please i need ur advice..Let me explain my situation...

I'm 38 and my girlfriend is 22...I'm originally from Nigeria and my girlfriend is white Canadian..
We met in UK.She came to Uk on a working visa 1yr and 4months ago.
We have been in a relationship for 1yr and 2months...We have been leaving together for 1 year with all our letters such as bank statement,payslip coming to one address.We intend to get married soon and once we get married we are both going to Nigeria to put in my appliction.
She will be in Nigeria for 2weeks to meet my family for the first time and she will be returning back to Canada finally..
We will be snapping picture with all my family....We have alot of pictures on facebook,instagram and on my mobile phone that we intend to print out..
I also have alot of skype pictures with her father and mother,we skype on a regular basis..Her sisters have visited us in London and have both lived with us of which i have a lot of pictures with them..Her parents sent us supporting document saying that they are fully in support of our marriage to add to our document.
We also have a joint account.

my questions here are as follows:

1)Do you think the age difference will affect my application?

2)Do you think the documents and things i listed above are enough evidence to proof our relationship is genuiue?
Hey willyblue,

I don't think the age difference will affect your application because you didn't just start dating, got married and put in the application. Nevertheless, age is a factor that visa offices look into but it is definitely not a barrier to love as your dating history proves.
I definitely think the above document is solid evidence of your relationship. Do not forget your phone call records. After the marriage and during the application process, it will be good for your wife to visit you as well.
Congratulations on your marriage

Ikecanada

Sep 30, 2015
Hamilton Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Acrra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/July /2015
Doc's Request.
3/July /2015
Nomination.....
N/a
AOR Received.
29/September /2015
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
29/9/2015
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
12/12/2014
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
Very soon
lamour said:
Financial requirements
The financial test is needed to prove that sponsors can support sponsored persons for the period of the undertaking. For more details, see Minimum Necessary Income Requirement: Low-Income Cut-Off levels (LICO), section 5.32, Exception to Minimum Necessary Income Requirement, section 5.33 and Low Income Cut-Off and Quebec Income Scale, Appendix F.
Financial resources:
• may include the resources of the sponsor’s spouse or common-law partner if the sponsor’s financial resources are inadequate and the sponsor’s spouse or common-law partner declares their resources as income on their Canadian tax return and they co-sign the undertaking.
• cannot include pooled resources from other relatives to meet the income test.
Financial resources must originate from Canadian sources for the following reasons:
• employment income abroad is not a reliable indicator of future or stable employment in Canada.
• CPC staff cannot easily verify if foreign income can be transferred to Canada.
• converting foreign income into Canadian dollars is resource-intensive.
• in cases of default, collection and litigation, it is easier to recover income from Canadian sources.
For more information, see: Exceptions to the Canadian income rule, section 5.31.
5.31. Exceptions to Canadian income rule
The exceptions to the Canadian income rule are as follows:
• sponsors who commute from Canada to work in the U.S.A. can use their U.S. employment income provided it is declared as income on their Canadian income tax return;
• sponsors living in Canada who declare income from foreign sources on their Canadian tax returns, can use this foreign income to meet the financial requirements for sponsorship.
Discretionary approval of financial requirements is not possible.
. Lamour, so what do I do regarding my overseas employment as it seems it's really contrary to the above info you sent me. I attached the employment letter and overseas bank statement to the application while I sent it to the Mississauga and they approved me as a qualified person to sponsor my wife, now is it possible for AVO to have a contrary view ?

willyblue

Star Member
Sep 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/04/2016
AOR Received.
14-04-16
File Transfer...
30/06/2016
Med's Done....
Upfront
Thank you once again lamour for ur swift reply...I just want to let u know that u are doing a very wonderful job here on this forum..The information u give to alot of people here is worth more thank a thousand pounds that we pay to travel agencies and lawyers here in here but we get them free from you..

May God richly bless you and i wish u all the best in ur process..Victory is urs...

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
Ikecanada said:
. Lamour, so what do I do regarding my overseas employment as it seems it's really contrary to the above info you sent me. I attached the employment letter and overseas bank statement to the application while I sent it to the Mississauga and they approved me as a qualified person to sponsor my wife, now is it possible for AVO to have a contrary view ?
Since you have been approved as sponsor, then Mississauga accepted the proof of income. I don't think AVO will go back to that. It's a requirement for you to be eligible to sponsor and you got the approval. I don't think you should worry about this really. Sit back and relax

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
willyblue said:
Thank you once again lamour for ur swift reply...I just want to let u know that u are doing a very wonderful job here on this forum..The information u give to alot of people here is worth more thank a thousand pounds that we pay to travel agencies and lawyers here in here but we get them free from you..

May God richly bless you and i wish u all the best in ur process..Victory is urs...
You are very welcome willyblue.
This thread has helped me greatly as well. If not for this thread, by now I would have been pulling my hair out. Lol. But just seeing that we are not alone in this race + others are still waiting to finish their race even though they applied before us is something that keeps us going. And we learn from each other and extend help to one another.

Have an amazing weekend everyone. Treat yourselves for the hard work during the week.

Ikecanada

Sep 30, 2015
Hamilton Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Acrra
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2/July /2015
Doc's Request.
3/July /2015
Nomination.....
N/a
AOR Received.
29/September /2015
IELTS Request
N/a
File Transfer...
29/9/2015
Med's Request
N/a
Med's Done....
12/12/2014
Interview........
Not needed
Passport Req..
N/a
VISA ISSUED...
Very soon
LANDED..........
Very soon
lamour said:
Since you have been approved as sponsor, then Mississauga accepted the proof of income. I don't think AVO will go back to that. It's a requirement for you to be eligible to sponsor and you got the approval. I don't think you should worry about this really. Sit back and relax
. Lamour, thank you very much. Remain blessed

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16

mercyofGod

Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Hi everyone, how are you doing, l just wanna update you guys that l did land on 15th, l am with my wife now and l will complete all the necessary things this new week, as soon as l settled down l will keep coming here to support you guys, @Lamour your success is very close, God bless you all.

KingdomHeir

Oct 17, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 1st
File Transfer...
July 3rd
Med's Done....
March 12th
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb.3rd
VISA ISSUED...
Feb.18th
LANDED..........
March 12th
mercyofGod said:
Hi everyone, how are you doing, l just wanna update you guys that l did land on 15th, l am with my wife now and l will complete all the necessary things this new week, as soon as l settled down l will keep coming here to support you guys, @Lamour your success is very close, God bless you all.

Congratulations
Am happy for you. Am using u as a point of contact for myself and others for such victory In Jesus' Name

lamour

Jan 12, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
ACCRA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-01-15
AOR Received.
18-03-15
File Transfer...
23-03-15
Med's Done....
09-12-14
Passport Req..
01-03-16
VISA ISSUED...
23-03-16
LANDED..........
15-04-16
mercyofGod said:
Hey MercyofGod. Congratulations and welcome. I'm glad you arrived well. Happy reunification.

yaozm

Feb 18, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15 April 2015
Doc's Request.
None
File Transfer...
19 June 2015
Med's Done....
May 2015.
Interview........
-
Passport Req..
-waiting but terribly.
VISA ISSUED...
-Hopefully in the next few weeks
LANDED..........
-
Gratz to you MOG
Enjoy and Good luck on this new journey.