+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

Orlando_Best

Sep 14, 2021
I need help before I lose it.

I am in Canada with my children. We got our PR in June 2022. My husband who is in Nigeria was included in our application and IRCC partly processed his application in Canada and transferred it to Accra.

In July 2022, AccraImmigration reached out to my husband and asked him to fill out some forms and also demanded some documents. He duly complied and sent everything to them via webform. He hasn’t heard anything from them since then.

What could be the problem? What else can I do?

belle1201

Dec 9, 2022

I am in Canada with my children. We got our PR in June 2022. My husband who is in Nigeria was included in our application and IRCC partly processed his application in Canada and transferred it to Accra.

In July 2022, AccraImmigration reached out to my husband and asked him to fill out some forms and also demanded some documents. He duly complied and sent everything to them via webform. He hasn’t heard anything from them since then.

have you reached out to accra to ensure that the officer has looked at the documents? also why did they not just add him to yours and issue him at the same time they they gave you since he was added to the application? i have never seen this kinda case before so you need to keep emailing accra. I am certain someone isn’t doing their job wel. Since he is your dependent, he was supposed to get copr since which should be valid untill thr expiry date of the principal applicant own

Wem

Jul 8, 2018

My husband did exactly what you did for myself and the children. The file was transferred to Accra, i submitted document May, 2021, no response till now and all enquiry through mail to them is that application is still in queue

tessytessy

Star Member
Jan 11, 2018

It will take at least one year before you hear back from IRCC Accra.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022

The problem is Accra they are slower than snail.
If you have indeed past the normal processing time then I strongly recommend you contact your MP for help.

Good luck!!! Accra is of the worse things that could happen to anyone and I'm talking from experience

jayyjayy

Feb 4, 2023
My husband did exactly what you did for myself and the children. The file was transferred to Accra, i submitted document May, 2021, no response till now and all enquiry through mail to them is that application is still in queue
Exactly same period mine was sent to AVO.And same message received last year 2022.What's your update?

brownn

Feb 10, 2020
Good evening everyone. My PR visa application was denied March 14, 2022. please I want help/advise should I apply for PR again or just visitor visa? My wife visited after the denied PR. it took Ghana visa office 2 years and 7 months to get the PR denied. Below was the refused letter. Advise please

I have now completed the assessment of your permanent residence application as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Paragraph 117(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.

Subsection 4(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or (b) is not genuine.

Based on the assessment of your information, including your application, the supporting documentation, and the information you provided during the interview, I am not satisfied that your marriage to your sponsor is genuine or that it was not entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in Canada. You were advised of the concerns during your interview, but you were unable to satisfy me that they were unfounded. Therefore, as per the Regulations, you are not considered to be a member of the family class.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: Charbk and Imari

zeebah

Star Member
Feb 5, 2018
Ok so here is my wife's timeline. I'm a Canadian. I almost involved a judge into this

We planned on getting married in 2019 but pushed to 2020 and in 2020, covid messed up everything. Ghana banned all international travel and I wasn't ready to go to ghana neither.

We decided to still get married anyways without my presence in September 2020 for the first part=Traditional wedding(Don't use my route because it will backfire)

1.We applied for TRV in October 16, 2020=got rejected

2.We applied again for TRV in November 20, 2022= got rejected

3.Applied for TRV again in January 16, 2021= Still in process

4.Applied for her sponsorship in April 19, 2021=Got returned due to signature missing

4.Applied for another TRV in April 20, 2021= Still in process

5.Recieved returned Sponsorship letter in May 25, we signed and re-applied again on May 26 and they received it May 31, 2021

6.Travelled back to ghana to do the final part of the marriage in June 2021 due to the covid delay for the real white wedding

7.Application started processing August 09, 2021

7.Several ADR request was sent for Original Marriage certificate because I wasn't there in October 14, 2021

8.Medical request sent in November 1st 2021

9.Another ADR for original marriage certificate we did at the church was asked, another medical and several questions about our marriage and relationship sent in March 21,2022 = We told them every truth like am sharing with you here. I wasn't present and usually when one partner is not around during the wedding, it is not accepted or recognized by IRCC but our case is different

10.They massaged us and said a decision will be made on the file in the coming weeks in July 8, 2022

11.They responded after 3 month in July 13 for receiving all documents asked in March 21, 2021

12.Background, and eligibility all finished in September 08, 2022

13.Pre-Arrival service letter sent on September 08, 2022(if I tell you emails I sent to both accra visa office, Canada immigration, key officials like MP both in Canada and in Ghana etc, you won't believe) but above all, God was behind pulling the curtains

14.PPR asked on September 13

15.October 17, Decision made on E-cas

But file number and wrong travel document# provided on new tracker dashboard

16.PPR: October 20, 2022

17.COPR and passport received from AVO - November 02, 2022

18.Arrived in Canada - November 10

19.Got her first job in December 29,2022

20.Got her first pay in her account and I borrowed already on January 13....

Now am happy because I can borrow from her...lol

Wasting people's time!!
CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU BOTH!!!!!!!!!!

Imari

Star Member
Sep 24, 2021
Good evening everyone. My PR visa application was denied March 14, 2022. please I want help/advise should I apply for PR again or just visitor visa? My wife visited after the denied PR. it took Ghana visa office 2 years and 7 months to get the PR denied. Below was the refused letter. Advise please

I have now completed the assessment of your permanent residence application as a member of the family class, the class in which you applied. I have determined that you do not meet the requirements for immigration to Canada.

Subsection 12(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act states that a foreign national may be selected as a member of the family class on the basis of their relationship as the spouse, common-law partner, child, parent or other prescribed family member of a Canadian citizen or permanent resident.

Paragraph 117(1)(a) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that a foreign national is a member of the family class if, with respect to a sponsor, the foreign national is the sponsor's spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner.

Subsection 4(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations states that for the purposes of these Regulations, a foreign national shall not be considered a spouse, a common-law partner or a conjugal partner of a person if the marriage, common-law partnership or conjugal partnership

(a) was entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring any status or privilege under the Act; or (b) is not genuine.

Based on the assessment of your information, including your application, the supporting documentation, and the information you provided during the interview, I am not satisfied that your marriage to your sponsor is genuine or that it was not entered into primarily for the purpose of acquiring permanent residence in Canada. You were advised of the concerns during your interview, but you were unable to satisfy me that they were unfounded. Therefore, as per the Regulations, you are not considered to be a member of the family class.
Hi dear
Sorry to hear that
There is zero chance for you to get visitor visa and less chance that the new application will be approve
You need to appeal te decision especially if the relationship continue and have prove to show that you are in genuine relationship.
there is a WhatsApp for people appealing you can join

PitObi23

Jul 28, 2022
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Accra
Some good news from the Accra visa office, we have received our passport request letter. I'd like to encourage those still waiting, that they don't give up hope. Your good news is just around the corner.

Reactions: Imari