+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Thread for Acrra Ghana applicants

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Any March 2017 applicant still waiting on PPR?
I think this is the correct list of who is still waiting:

February – Mylove4God2017 and Blackstart67 (submitted more info)

March 7 - Annemariee

March 8 – stellalawrence

March 8 - graace2017

March 8 - Righteous

March 17 - McAkyne

April 4 – Roamingspirit

April 11 – Buckshot11

April 28 – Gattu_Milan

May 25 – donchick

Doesn't seem like anything happened this week.

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Application was one year yesterday and still no PPR yet and this week has been very quiet..Still trusting God for PPR soonest

Reactions: senaghana

Mylove4God2017

Star Member
Aug 5, 2017
Category........
FAM
Med's Request
25-07-2017
Med's Done....
31-07-2017
Now that the 12 month deadline has passed, have you tried to contact them?
I haven’t done that yet was thinking of doing that after Today and my lawyer was saying when we pressure them they’ll make any useless decision which I don’t know if that’s true?

nana&femi

Jan 21, 2018
Thanks Guys for your experience with your Applications. My wife and i have been approved by the case center in Mississauga to which my wife was notified of that. However, I'm yet to receive any form of notification from the Canadian Embassy in Accra. I just wanna know as to how many days does it take to be notified by the Office in Accra ? We were approved on the 26th of January, 2018. Once again, thanks for the info Richie4U especially on the kind of questions asked by the IO.

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Thanks Guys for your experience with your Applications. My wife and i have been approved by the case center in Mississauga to which my wife was notified of that. However, I'm yet to receive any form of notification from the Canadian Embassy in Accra. I just wanna know as to how many days does it take to be notified by the Office in Accra ? We were approved on the 26th of January, 2018. Once again, thanks for the info Richie4U especially on the kind of questions asked by the IO.
Welcome to the forum.

You probably won't get anything now for a while. Have you guys already done your medicals? If not, that will probably be the next time you hear from them, which is around the 5 month mark.

Austy

Feb 23, 2018
Hi guys!
I’m an active reader 24/7 since May 2017.
- I’m April 4th, 2017 applicant
- PPR February 3rd, 2018
I have 2 questions that I need help with and I’m hoping someone can answer them.
My wife received an email on February 21st to her personal email. Requesting for a new police report.
When AVO requested for the passport and Schedule A they did not request for police report.
When she went to get the new police report done they asked for the passport or a photo copy of it before they do the police report. AVO has her passport and she doesn’t have a photo copy of the passport.
Can someone please advice me on what to do?
Also on cic website there is an option to upload the police report and additional documents but for additional documents it says optional. Should I upload more info like WhatsApp chats and mobile money transfers? Or it doesn’t matter?
Can someone please help. I have 30 days to mail to AVO.
Thank you

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Hi guys!
I’m an active reader 24/7 since May 2017.
- I’m April 4th, 2017 applicant
- PPR February 3rd, 2018
I have 2 questions that I need help with and I’m hoping someone can answer them.
My wife received an email on February 21st to her personal email. Requesting for a new police report.
When AVO requested for the passport and Schedule A they did not request for police report.
When she went to get the new police report done they asked for the passport or a photo copy of it before they do the police report. AVO has her passport and she doesn’t have a photo copy of the passport.
Can someone please advice me on what to do?
Also on cic website there is an option to upload the police report and additional documents but for additional documents it says optional. Should I upload more info like WhatsApp chats and mobile money transfers? Or it doesn’t matter?
Can someone please help. I have 30 days to mail to AVO.
Thank you
Welcome and congratulations.

They would only need a new police clearance if her current one is older than 1 year I believe, so that is why they didn't ask for it. And they would have only needed a new Schedule A if anything had changed from the old one.

If you got PPR then you don't need to send any more proof such as WhatsApp chats, etc.

Basically now she waits for notification that her passport is ready to be collected and organizes with DHL for that to happen.

Austy

Feb 23, 2018
Really!
Then I don’t understand why they asked for a new police clearance. The date on the one I sent on Police report was done 19th January, 2017 and expires in 6 months.
So I think I need to provide new one.
The problem is they want the passport or a photo copy of it. I don’t have he passport and no photo copy.
What can be done please ?

senaghana

Star Member
Aug 9, 2017
Really!
Then I don’t understand why they asked for a new police clearance. The date on the one I sent on Police report was done 19th January, 2017 and expires in 6 months.
The problem is they want the passport or a photo copy of it. I don’t have he passport and no photo copy.
They have asked for a new one so the best thing is just to provide it anyhow. A national issued ID card and explaining to them that your passport is with the embassy should be okay.
When they are proving difficult, the only option you'll be left with is to grease someone's palm there. You are the one who needs it remember?

RoamingSpirit

May 5, 2017
Really!
Sorry I misunderstood as you said it was not asked for:

Reactions: Austy

Austy

Feb 23, 2018
They have asked for a new one so the best thing is just to provide it anyhow. A national issued ID card and explaining to them that your passport is with the embassy should be okay.
When they are proving difficult, the only option you'll be left with is to grease someone's palm there. You are the one who needs it remember?
Thank you @senaghana I will do that.